RC poster

New RC Enthusiast! Help!

Hey guys,

I am new to RC's and want to get a Traxxas Slash 2wd. I am looking at a 2wd RTR and am curious as to if I added sand paddles would it perform well in sand? Or is that more of a 4wd version thing?

Thanks!
    Artechroach

RC Enthusiast
    I've seen a few video's of a 2WD Slash with paddle tires on the rear,and they look like they are flying over the sand! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHVCzvt50ow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPTicEg5RQw
    Last edited by Ron_Dog; 12-20-2015 at 01:50 PM.

RC poster
    Cool! Thanks so much! Once I get the hang of driving what mods do you suggest? Are lifts available for more ground clearance etc? Super new to all of this. I already plan on getting a new body for the Slash I am buying and doing a custom paint job

RC poster
    The paddles work great in snow as well. I recommend rpm a arms, hubs, and bearing carriers. Get strc hinge pin set along with the front bearing carrier hardened hinge pin set (not sure why they don't include that in the pin set??). I have young boys and we all have brushless 2wd slashes and after those upgrades ($50 ish all together) we rarely break anything. You'll bend shock shafts and/or rip the caps off most likely at some point, get traxxas big bore or pro-line shocks to replace them with and you'll have lots of breakage free bash time.

RC poster
    Thanks! I am going to keep all of those parts in mind moving forward

RC poster
    I highly recommend badlands tires for all 4 corners as well unless you are primarily on pavement.
    I'd rather lose with nitro than win with electric

RC Qualifier
    I agree with what other have said by upgrading to rpm parts, upgrading shocks and tires as well. I would also suggest switching to a Traxxas LCG chassis, this is a pretty inexpensive mod that greatly improves the handling of the slash! Also lipo batteries and a good charger are a good investment. The lipo batteries supply consistent performance for the duration of the charge where as the NiMH batteries continue to slow down until the battery is discharged. And of course if you get the brushed version of the slash you'll probably want to upgrade to a brushless motor eventually for a big performance gain.
    The Slash is a great R/C truck and parts are readily available!

RC Qualifier

I run a set of paddle tires in the snow! It rips.