RC Competitor

New xmaxx broke some parts

2 days of bashing, broke one shock cap, rear bumper and front bumper. No complaints, just hope I can get some replacements quick. Absolutely love this truck, it's a good addition to my Stampede. Can't wait till they start making some upgraded parts.

Welcome! Have any pictures of the broken parts, like the shock cap? Traxxas had a bad batch of them with air bubbles in them. I had one too. As for the bumpers, I broke my front one too, but rear one has been god so far.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Competitor
    I'll get some pics. Luckily It broke in a way that I can snap it back in place when it pops out. Are they gonna warranty the shock cap? It wouldn't be a big deal if I could buy a upgraded caps. I just don't want to keep buying stock caps.

RC Competitor
    How do you dl pics?

Also, I'm worried about when aftermarket bumpers become avail and being able to use the auto flip. I feel like they will need to be the same style. I hope the aftermarket companies do their R&D. Someone should start a thread listing when new parts become available.
    Pede Xmaxx Merv 1/18 Rally Blast Spartan M41 Aton

Quote Originally Posted by 00ttvr6 View Post
    2 days of bashing, broke one shock cap, rear bumper and front bumper. No complaints, just hope I can get some replacements quick. Absolutely love this truck, it's a good addition to my Stampede. Can't wait till they start making some upgraded parts.
    Yes, photos please. Photo bucket works well.

Hope you get parts soon.

RC Racer
    I'm Leary about the bumpers. The supports are spaghetti thin. Guessing they don't have much elasticity in cold weather

Quote Originally Posted by m00s3 View Post
    I'm Leary about the bumpers. The supports are spaghetti thin. Guessing they don't have much elasticity in cold weather
    Mine wasn't the supports that gave out, I landed so hard on the right side it flexed too much, causing it to pull the front bumper screw out of the left side.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    Got aluminum shock caps in the works. But i can finally say i broke my xmaxx. Jumping it off a freeway into the down section and broke a shock shaft and suspension arm.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorHobbies View Post
    Got aluminum shock caps in the works. But i can finally say i broke my xmaxx. Jumping it off a freeway into the down section and broke a shock shaft and suspension arm.
    Making your own on ramp!

RC Competitor
    Who stocks parts for these things? My lhs doesn't have anything in yet.
    Pede Xmaxx Merv 1/18 Rally Blast Spartan M41 Aton

RC Competitor
    Call Traxxas they will help you out!

I love calling them. Super friendly.