Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My P4de

Here is the damage, got her back up running lastnight..
    Last edited by Briber; 02-24-2016 at 07:09 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

I'm ready now!

RC Racer
    Interesting. I just ordered 2 SPC's. Also grabbed a TBR bumper and am going to try and modify it for lights.

Did I mention I broke an A-arm today? Hehehe, just plain stupid, drove it straight into a curb. Not done yet I then took it back out to test drive the repair and didn't tighten a wheel nut and my left wheel went flying down the road. Somehow I managed to find the nut, which is good because those MIP nuts are inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by CounterTrey View Post
    Interesting. I just ordered 2 SPC's. Also grabbed a TBR bumper and am going to try and modify it for lights.

Did I mention I broke an A-arm today? Hehehe, just plain stupid, drove it straight into a curb. Not done yet I then took it back out to test drive the repair and didn't tighten a wheel nut and my left wheel went flying down the road. Somehow I managed to find the nut, which is good because those MIP nuts are inferior.
    Wow, that's cool you found nut. If u dont mind my asking what'd those cost ya. My haul was 162.80 shipped. 2 2s's and 2 3s's all 5000mah. I bet that was a long walk of shame! Lmbo only cause I've been there myself.

RC Racer
    I picked up two 5000mAh, 50C, 2S, 7.4V Hard-Case for 31.95 a piece plus tax.

RC Racer
    Oh and nope I got lucky...did it right in front of my house, found the nut 5 feet from the curb. Just took a while because it was dark. But that was twice in one day I was out for less than 2 minutes before something either fell off or broke. So I guess I did the walk up the driveway twice.

Quote Originally Posted by CounterTrey View Post
    Oh and nope I got lucky...did it right in front of my house, found the nut 5 feet from the curb. Just took a while because it was dark. But that was twice in one day I was out for less than 2 minutes before something either fell off or broke. So I guess I did the walk up the driveway twice.
    Oh that's good then. My walks tend to be a lot further I'm always pushing the limits of my range when something happens lol.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Here is the damage, got her back up running lastnight..
    I did the exact same damage two weeks ago. Lol Truck hit some leaves, slid and plowed into the curb.

Good times!
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

Quote Originally Posted by Premiumspeed View Post
    I did the exact same damage two weeks ago. Lol Truck hit some leaves, slid and plowed into the curb.

Good times!
    That was on 2s, now I'm on 3s and I see parts list getting bigger on wrecks now..

RC Racer
    Yea I won't even run 3s at my house anymore. Just not enough room to maneuver and avoid breakage.

This is what happens when pinion comes loose on motor shaft, and pinion to spur angle is wrong.

Replaced with 50t spur so I'm running 15/50 on 3s. Garmin showed 53 mph, 53 mph is smoking fast. I kept running out of parking lot, couldnt even get to letting her fully wind up. I know there's atleast a few more mph left in it. Love doing around 45 at 3/4 throttle and squeezing wot it pulls itself in to a wheelie! Its on the edge of even being controllable.

Hats off to all speed runners especially those on 4s or higher... I dont know how you guys do it.

Here's the new 14mm hex wheels with my duratrax six pack mt's on em.

They turned out really nice, looking forward to bashing with these super grip tires again.
    Last edited by Briber; 02-29-2016 at 01:57 AM.

Well this thing is not liking 3s or even 2s on 15/50 gearing. Esc keeps shutting down. I'm going to gear down to 12th pinion and see if that helps. These stock fans on my sct combo move very little air. Have a couple of these ordered waiting on arrival.

Switched to 12/50 on 3s and runs like a champ. Only got to test one pack through it so far, looks promising for now...

New D8 came in.

Installed and changed out to 45w oil.

Dang....Compared to the stock ultras/big bores....Those D8's are huge....I thought the GTR's were a big difference when I mounted them up. Looking good dude!
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

Quote Originally Posted by dave00bear View Post
    Dang....Compared to the stock ultras/big bores....Those D8's are huge....I thought the GTR's were a big difference when I mounted them up. Looking good dude!
    Thanks, I thought the same about being huge on there, first 3s pack through it was pretty good, I think I may go to 35 or 40w shock oil, the 45w is a bit to thick for normal bashing. I haven't jumped it yet I'll make shock oil decision after jumping a bit.

More goodies!
    Looking forward to the 2700kv motor getting here!

Here's my new motor fan...
    That should keep things cool. Here's the difference between the two.
    Last edited by Briber; 03-04-2016 at 09:10 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    Sir, would you like some motor with that fan lol.

Lmbo!!!!!!

New setup:
    New D8 shocks with grey springs and 45w shock oil.
    New 120a WP-SC8 ESC.
    New Turn igy Heatsink motor fan.

Looks good man!!

Thanks it was a bit of work for quite some time, as you know ;-), but yes happy with how clean it looks/turned out...

Welcome newest member to the family please, it's a....

Spanking new baby P4de vxl.... lol.

After good bashing and ramp session today, we had a casualtie... bye bye little motor. Didn't quite make it around on a back flip while jumping and the blower took all the impact!

I'd say this body is about done, shoe goo ain't putting this humpty dumpy back together again.
    https://youtu.be/-17lvsdhxhQ
    https://youtu.be/YO3Lm0k3C58
    https://youtu.be/mqXkSRbRb_I
    Last edited by Briber; 03-06-2016 at 12:22 AM.

RC Racer
    New D8 came in.

Installed and changed out to 45w oil.

That is one tough looking truck! I have a quick question for you... how do you like the D8 shocks? I have been wanting to get them for some time now but I can't make up my mind... I'm using the big bores and let me tell you they can barely handle the weight of the truck... my setup is kind of heavy since running a MMX/2200kv combo... so also the spacers that you are using in the front sis those come with the shocks or did you had to buy them? And last question... it seems that the back shocks rub with the chassis from other photos am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinuhe_0123 View Post
    That is one tough looking truck! I have a quick question for you... how do you like the D8 shocks? I have been wanting to get them for some time now but I can't make up my mind... I'm using the big bores and let me tell you they can barely handle the weight of the truck... my setup is kind of heavy since running a MMX/2200kv combo... so also the spacers that you are using in the front sis those come with the shocks or did you had to buy them? And last question... it seems that the back shocks rub with the chassis from other photos am I right?
    Thanks, I think it looks pretty good myself. The D8 are fantastic. While running all after noon, daughters p4de and wife's vxl popped 3 shocks... D8 were fine landing multiple big air jumps. The standoffs are the plastic spacers that came in original p4de box with extra suspension parts. I purchased actual standoffs that I'm awaiting arrival. Back shocks do not rub, if you space bottom of shock closest to chassis on rear springs rub but spaced away springs barely clear so it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinuhe_0123 View Post
    If your concerned about needing to have stiffer because of weight use red springs.

Btw the D8 labeled front are exactly the same as the ones labeled rear. I looked and shaft part numbers are the same so they are the same length. The only difference between the two are the spring rates. I believe the red springs shocks are cheaper so I bought 2 sets of those and then just bought 2 sets of the softer grey springs. I believe it works out cheaper that way plus you have two different sets of springs then. They are linear rate springs...

Red are stiffer, grey are softer.

More goodies have arived!
    Here's a shot of all three systems

Setup with basher bodies heading out to run....

Really!!!!!! Not even 10 minutes out running and tires are coming off the rim on new vxl!!!
    Last edited by Briber; 03-06-2016 at 03:33 PM.

WOW...Now the whole family has the sickness Thats too cool man!

I had the same problems with new set of Talons on my P2DE years ago, Drove it one pack and two of the tires were pulling loose, in my case you could clearly see they weren't even glued all the way around. I just glued them up and they were fine after that.

Quote Originally Posted by dave00bear View Post
    WOW...Now the whole family has the sickness Thats too cool man!

I had the same problems with new set of Talons on my P2DE years ago, Drove it one pack and two of the tires were pulling loose, in my case you could clearly see they weren't even glued all the way around. I just glued them up and they were fine after that.
    Thanks! I feel like I'm following in your foot steps, did ya c the new goodies(the Trx esc fan?) Lol. I still want to get a batt hold down but unsure if those will work with expander and 5000mah 3s. Gpede told me he had same problem with them so it appears to be a common thing. I'm going to order the motor fan later today...
    Last edited by Briber; 03-06-2016 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks! I feel like I'm following in your foot steps, did ya c the new goodies(the Trx esc fan?) Lol. I still want to get a batt hold down but unsure if those will work with expander and 5000mah 3s. Gpede told me he had same problem with them so it appears to be a common thing. I'm going to order the motor fan later today...
    Oh yeah seen the new add-ons and goodies Lookin good my friend!

Started the upgrading the vxl tonight.
    Revo Slipper
    Trx ESC Cooling Fan
    MIP'S All Four Corners
    LEM Diff O-Rings Front and Rear
    100k Diff Fluid In Rear
    Before I'm done here tonight gonna install bumper light bar...
    Gotta run by lhs and grab alum bearing adapter and looking in to some Gtrs...

RC Racer
    Starting mine this week too, I'm doing the fully chassis conversion with an emaxx ram 1500 body like Magstang's as well. I'm also going to try and nrun lights through the new TBR front bumper arriving today. If I can retrofit the Traxxas light bar I will, otherwise it's going to be some creative improvising.

Motors toast, oh well...
    https://youtu.be/io2fOeFOHEQ

Did shoe goo mod, installed Trx led light bar and what was usable from the motor that was on the hood of my other truck...

Did shoe goo mod, installed Trx led light bar and what was usable from the motor that was on the hood of my other truck...
    Nice, two of my lights went out on mine. The blower scoop looks similar too my rpm one now. Might as well get you one .

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    Nice, two of my lights went out on mine. The blower scoop looks similar too my rpm one now. Might as well get you one .
    I am, wife put the brakes on been buying like crazy so I've gotta take a break. I'm compiling a list of wanted upgrades and will systematically get them over time.

I am, wife put the brakes on been buying like crazy so I've gotta take a break. I'm compiling a list of wanted upgrades and will systematically get them over time.
    Just put it under business expenses lol

Finally got it! It's gonna be fun...

2700kv motor...

RC Racer
    Can't wait to see how that works out for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast