Thread: X-Maxx Receiver

RC poster

X-Maxx Receiver

I'm moving my FPV system from my Summit into my X-Maxx, and want to replace the stock receiver with an EZUHF for longer range.

There is lead in the V/T slot for Voltage and Temperature Sensor. I'm assuming that is only used if you have the Traxxas Link or the Bluetooth module installed, and since I'm not using that I should be able to leave that disconnected, and just use Channels 1 and 2?

Doug

Correct, these are used for Telemetry in Traxxas Link. You can disconnect, just have to keep an eye on the temperature of the motor manually.

RC poster
    NBViper,

Thanks for the quick reply. This build is going to be just so cool.... Mated the EZUHF to a FlySky GT3B TX....

Sit on my front porch and drive my X all thru the neighborhood....

RC Qualifier
    This is the first time I thought using FPV on an RC ground vehicle was a cool idea. With self-righting on the X-Maxx you can go almost anywhere and not have to worry too much about what happens if you flip over. Post videos when you finalize your setup.

I have fpv in mine, but haven't had a chance to drive it yet. Should be fun.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    This is the first time I thought using FPV on an RC ground vehicle was a cool idea. With self-righting on the X-Maxx you can go almost anywhere and not have to worry too much about what happens if you flip over. Post videos when you finalize your setup.
    If you change radio systems the automated self righting probably won't work.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by NBViper View Post
    Correct, these are used for Telemetry in Traxxas Link. You can disconnect, just have to keep an eye on the temperature of the motor manually.
    The temperature sensor performs an additional function of preventing the motor from overheating by cutting throttle to 50% (via the receiver) if it gets too hot. You will lose this protection if you replace the Traxxas radio gear. As stated, you will need to be mindful of your driving and and manually monitor motor temp to prevent overheating and permanently damaging the motor.

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    Confirmed. Self Righting will not work without the Traxxas TSM equipped receiver.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Confirmed. Self Righting will not work without the Traxxas TSM equipped receiver.
    I completely spaced that out. That kills my FPV dreams, well not really, the price of an FPV system did

RC poster

FPV X-Maxx

Got my FPV equipment installed. EZ UHF for control, so far I've had the truck 1/3rd mile away with several houses in between. I'm sure it will go much further, but right now it's the video link that is limiting me. Just got a new tripod to get the video rx about 15 feet in the air, that should give me some more range.

FlySky GT3C radio with EZ UHF 2watt TX and 8 channel RX for control.

1.2ghz 1.5 watt vtx, Mad Mushroom tx antenna, and a UHF dipole on the rear bumper. Fatshark Dominator HD2 goggles.

I hear the comments about heat and self righting, but right now this truck is purely for gentle running FPV around my neighborhood. I won't be running it hard or in the wet, so I didn't worry about waterproofing, that may come later.

I mounted the light bar that was recommended in this forum. Right now it's powered from one of the balance taps on the lipo, but since I've got 8 channels to play with I might wire it to a channel.

This truck makes a great FPV platform. Since it will be running mostly out of line of sight, the size and power should keep it from getting stuck and having to make the walk of shame.

It doesn't look like I'm able to post photos yet.

RC poster

FPV X-Maxx

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

RC Competitor
    I just picked up the mt-4s by airtronics (radio) I wonder if I can use the engine temp wire to go into the new receiver and work with that remote? Any one have a heads up?

RC Qualifier
    Fun looking setup.