RC Competitor

Feeling left out

Im looking at these stories of people getting the xmaxx early even after they preordered and cancelled. I bought my preorder from a guy on ebay who supposedly is the biggest traxxas seller and apparently the first buyer for the xmaxx's. But for some strange reason i keep looking at the delivery date and it's changed uncomfortably, first 14 then 23 then 28 then 30 now jan 04 He has sold so many i'm not sure if traxxas is purposely giving these random ones to lhs on purpose instead of the over filled preorders on ebay. Not sure what to think at this point. I see a couple on ebay that have it in stock and might just buy those, They just want extra but ive already decided that I want this truck, it's gonna be my second traxxas ever and the last was a 4 tec electric back in 2002 or 01. Im already not liking the experience. What should i do?

*Watch the language and remove words that have been replaced with a "*".
    Last edited by Double G; 12-22-2015 at 06:55 AM.

Well for one I would not totally blame Traxxas. I think the guy used a selling point that he could not deliver.
    I would contact the seller and find out why he sold so many and you still don't have yours or open a case with flee bay to get your money back and order somewhere else but that will take longer. By the way what is the sellers feedback rating?
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC Racer
    Traxxas was pretty upfront with sellers that stock was limited. You had to be on a backorder list just to even snag one. The seller gave you im one of the biggest sellers of the brand speech and lured you in.

I have sold 6 xmaxx back orders. And only had 2 released to me and they were early backorders

What i would do is backorder it directly through traxxas.
    The fact that he has sold alot of back orders is alarming enough as he wont be able to fill the orders in a timely manner.

What i would do is contact traxxas and see what the eta would be if you hopped on the back order there.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea your first stop would have to be to contact the ebay seller. Like stated above, the seller thought he would have the countless number of X-Maxx's he posted for sale but didn't realize that it wasn't that easy. I would contact him IMMEDIATELY and request your funds back.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Competitor
    His rating is 767 and he seemed like pretty honest person about the situation. Im concerned that he has so many preoders and how the day just keeps changing lol while pasting back and forth. I got my spc 8200mah 3s packs yesterday, can't wait to put them inside the beast when it gets here. I contacted the seller and he said the first 35 of his orders should be fulfilled by the 28, they already sent him 10 and i'm assuming those got sent out cause there is feedback of people who did receive theirs. I'm just anxious and would of liked to have it for christmas. I bought all the kids new rcs and the wife a summit so i'll be busy with them. I guess I can pull out the terremoto for a few days which is pretty decent besides the plastic gears. I'll buy some accessories for it, any good suggestions to gearing, i'd like it to go 35-40.

RC Racer
    Sometimes it happens that way. There will be alot of people not getting them in time for Christmas. Your not alone. So dont get too down. Just know that when you finally get it you will be having fun with an awesome truck.

RC Competitor
    Found out i'm prolly not gonna get mine until mid to late february, Very upset about that cause i feel like I would of bought something else instead of the 800 investment I have out there right now with traxxas. I wanted a brand new rc for christmas not spend that much money for a rc I have to think about and possibly wait on for three months. Not sure what deal they offered their distributors but it seems like there sending a couple hear a couple their and can't deliver what they said. I understand how these things work but it's not like their like hey were backed up and it might take a while. I hate the fact that I was and still am gonna build a brushless losi 5t Now i'm upset I went with this first. I even purchased new packs and charger for it, just to sit for who knows how long. First traxxas in 14 years, last one was a electric 4 tec and what a bad experience to start off with to invest in this beast and get to watch it on youtube. 30 days ago I ordered for the december releases.

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOk84 View Post
    Found out i'm prolly not gonna get mine until mid to late february, Very upset about that cause i feel like I would of bought something else instead of the 800 investment I have out there right now with traxxas. I wanted a brand new rc for christmas not spend that much money for a rc I have to think about and possibly wait on for three months. Not sure what deal they offered their distributors but it seems like there sending a couple hear a couple their and can't deliver what they said. I understand how these things work but it's not like their like hey were backed up and it might take a while. I hate the fact that I was and still am gonna build a brushless losi 5t Now i'm upset I went with this first. I even purchased new packs and charger for it, just to sit for who knows how long. First traxxas in 14 years, last one was a electric 4 tec and what a bad experience to start off with to invest in this beast and get to watch it on youtube. 30 days ago I ordered for the december releases.
    Where did you order from? That's completely unacceptable to me.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Champion
    ebay, he said so in the OP

RC Qualifier
    I've had truck since Dec 20,an waiting battery combo pack on back order from local hobby.then it snowed darn it.waiting an reading about stuff failing on others trucks makee wonder if I bought wrong big rc. Starting to think sell now while still can get money back on it.

Quote Originally Posted by steveomaxx517 View Post
    I've had truck since Dec 20,an waiting battery combo pack on back order from local hobby.then it snowed darn it.waiting an reading about stuff failing on others trucks makee wonder if I bought wrong big rc. Starting to think sell now while still can get money back on it.
    Except X-maxx what would you like to buy?

RC Qualifier
    Thinking should have went with another company that has been making larger scale longer an have there electronics an drive train stronger then buy a 1st of.

RC Qualifier
    I would ask for the money back and start over.
    Slash 4x4 TSM OBA
    2s & 3s ID batteries

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    @spook84 this could have EASILY been resolved along time ago. Again, have you requested your funds back from the seller? if he said no, have you opened an ebay case? ebay is pro-buyer and I'm sure you could have been had your money back considering the parameters. No need to come to the forum and vent when you can get on ebay and get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    @spook84 this could have EASILY been resolved along time ago. Again, have you requested your funds back from the seller? if he said no, have you opened an ebay case? ebay is pro-buyer and I'm sure you could have been had your money back considering the parameters. No need to come to the forum and vent when you can get on ebay and get your money back.
    Agreed. Anyone can make the claim they are "biggest Traxxas seller" just to give the impression they have a deep inventory. Most of the time it is a smoke screen to play with the emotions of people to pay up and then they wait. This is not Traxxas' fault but rather the "seller" and the buyer.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    I didnt really see an option to buy it on traxxas site still don't. Wasn't sure who to get from cause my local hobby stores weren't getting it. And it's not like I knew this was going to happen. His original release date corresponded with traxxas original shipping date. The date kept changing because of the orders past what he originally ordered, so it wasn't suppose to pertain to me. What exactly would of been resolved?. I'd have my money but were am I getting the x maxx. I had paid up already so i don't understand how it's my fault. Where are the people who don't have their's?. @G-Rustler your message makes no sense with the time frame, it does now. I was looking for someone that was gonna have the truck and I made this post becuase I noticed someone's story who had cancelled who ordered latter then me and got his before I did. Now the reason I didn't go with that then cause traxxas had upped the price and i was thinking oh we'll i paid 800 already i"ll just wait since they had just released it that week anyway. At this point I will get my money back. it's only two weeks past when I anticipated getting it. Still can't buy it off traxxas website so it's not like I just knew were to get it.Seriously where can I get one right now? what website says in stock right now. Almost all website say preorder eta. So do I go somewhere else to vent about this truck im excited about getting on another forum. I didn't slay their name, And considering what I was gonna build and the back and forth feelings I was having and ultimately went with this one makes me upset, Can i have that. I wanted a new rc for christmas not any later. That shouldn't be to hard to understand for anyone. It's general discussion this falls into the category right? I made that comment last night cause the guy just gave me a reason to get my money back. Again I had no reason to want the money back until yesterday because it's not like these things are sitting on the shelf and the time frame goes with it. I wasn't gonna cancel my ebay order cause that one guy did and got lucky. I don't know what's goin on with the shipping and manufacturing and chances are NEITHER do you. Traxxas has that answer on what's going on. I wasn't posting to to start anything with anybody who doesn't know what's going on I started it to see if anybody else might have been in the same boat.
    Last edited by SPOOk84; 01-05-2016 at 10:39 AM.

RC Competitor
    anyone got any in stock

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well Spook84 now I fully understand your situation and I would be a little frustrated too. I've seen some on ebay yesterday BUT you'll have to pay a price well over $800 that you preordered for.

RC Racer
    SPOOk84 Im a traxxas dealer and im giving you advice.

As a dealer standpoint is sounds to me like this seller had only one source to get the x-maxx. Smart dealers would have had 2 - 5 sources. And be on the back order list waiting to take care of their customers

I would call traxxas and purchase directly and ask them how long you might be waiting. There are as well plenty of other companies to purchase from as well. The unfortunate thing is that you will have to pay a higher price.

On any new popular product that is in demand it will be hard to get. Sorry to hear your going through this.
    Just because its there doesn't mean its for sale.

RC Competitor
    Thank you and I'm contacting traxxas right now.

And honestly, this situation may be no different than when Playstation and others, Xbox and next generations or even Nintendo's platforms came out. I was at Circuit City when the PS2 came out, our store got ten only and they were all sold within minutes of door opening on Black Friday. That was not a fun day to work with all the others that came in looking for it. The Xmaxx became very popular right away and supply was depleted. Give it a little time and exercise patience and you'll get one.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    I'm waiting for my xmaxx as well and I bought it on eBay. I talked to the seller today and this is what he told me from a traxxas rep. "We have one more partial shipment coming in. From what I can see, we should be out of the woods by mid-late Feb. that's when we will be able to clean up most backorders." Looks like I won't get mine until then. Oh well, this gives me time to sell my rc cars and save money for upgrades. In the mean time, I just have to live my life through those who currently own the xmaxx
    Summit Dual 700HO/Tekin/MM2
    Emaxx 1717
    XO-1 GT

The obvious and frustrating issue most customers are experiencing from Traxxas as I understand it now, is having pre ordered over two months ago and delivery being delayed weeks, and weeks, dates pushed 3, 4 times beyond their initial expected delivery time.

This is unlike walking into a store trying to find something having not being on a pre order list.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bryguy81 View Post
    I'm waiting for my xmaxx as well and I bought it on eBay. I talked to the seller today and this is what he told me from a traxxas rep. "We have one more partial shipment coming in. From what I can see, we should be out of the woods by mid-late Feb. that's when we will be able to clean up most backorders." Looks like I won't get mine until then. Oh well, this gives me time to sell my rc cars and save money for upgrades. In the mean time, I just have to live my life through those who currently own the xmaxx
    Ye pretty sure that's the same guy, when did you order?. @G-Rustler those guys are on side walk dust. I seen one as high as 1100 lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    @G-Rustler those guys are on side walk dust. I seen one as high as 1100 lol.
    yea I know lol Those prices are crazy! What did Traxxas tell you?

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=SPOOk84;6147777]Ye pretty sure that's the same guy, when did you order?

I was a late bloomer. Didn't have the guts to pull the trigger on the xmaxx until I was sure I wanted to sell my emaxx. Finally preordered the xmaxx December 21th. I'm sure I won't get it until late February. Gives me time to save up for the mamba xlx esc and 2028 motor. I know what that system can do since I have it in my baja. Looking forward to running the xmaxx one day.
    Summit Dual 700HO/Tekin/MM2
    Emaxx 1717
    XO-1 GT

RC Competitor
    I'm thinking about running the leopard 1340kv or 950 kershaw design setup. The castle looks like a little to overpowered. Then again let me rethink this.

RC poster
    anyone got any in stock
    There is somebody on rc universe selling unopened one for 750, saw it tonight.

RC Competitor
    Update on the current situation is Found a xmaxx at a local hobby store thursday night. Couldn't sleep that night all could think about was this truck. Called up the next morning when they opened and they said a guy just bought it. I was hurt but I didn't let it stop me. Called the other store which was actually closer and they had one.I asked they guy can I buy it online and come pick it up he said he wasn't sure he couldn't do that. Instead he said look how bout you give your name and I will hold it for you until tomorrow closing time. I said sir I'll be their in a couple hours just need to handle something real quick. A couple hours later I pick it up and returned it and told my ebay seller I cancel. Can I just say this truck is so awesome and I've already driven it since friday about 7 times and I can't believe people think this truck is under powered in any way. I'm amazed by the power this thing has and the esc reliability is prolly the only draw back as far as electronics go.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm glad you got your X-Maxx man!