RC poster

Slash steering not working

Hi, I have been having a problem with my slash with the steering. When ever i turn it on the wheels lock to the right and won't move, but when it is turned off the wheels can move freely. I have tried plugging the servo and speed control in the opposite channels they were in, and the steering works but only when I touch the throttle on the transmitter. I don't know if its the servo or the receiver or what. Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    Not sure which transmitter you have, but do you have a knob for steering trim, or end point adjustments?

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorC View Post
    Hi, I have been having a problem with my slash with the steering. When ever i turn it on the wheels lock to the right and won't move, but when it is turned off the wheels can move freely. I have tried plugging the servo and speed control in the opposite channels they were in, and the steering works but only when I touch the throttle on the transmitter. I don't know if its the servo or the receiver or what. Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    The first thing I would do is remove the servo saver from the servo,center your steering trim knob, then turn the tx on then the rx and center your wheels while holding the wheels straight reinstall the servo saver. A little adjustment may be necessary on the steering turnbuckles if slightly off. Hope this helps if not let us know but that is the very first thing you should do.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler

RC poster
    The transmitter is the tq with 2 channels there is trim adjustment but no buttons to reset anything

RC poster
    Ok thanks Jerry I'll try that and let you know, also what to you mean by tx and rx?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorC View Post
    Ok thanks Jerry I'll try that and let you know, also what to you mean by tx and rx?

thanks.
    tx= transmitter,radio,controller. rx= receiver,box with the antenna coming out of it.
    Stampede/Rustler

RC poster
    I did what you had said up above and it straightened the wheels but when ever the wheel on the transmitter is turned nothing happens i just gets locked in place. When it is all turned off I can turn the wheels freely.

Well it sounds like a bad receiver
    You said you swapped with the esc and the servo worked with the throttle trigger so the only thing left is the receiver.
    How old is the truck? maybe give Traxxas a call and see about a replacement. Great customer service and friendly.
    Let them know what you have tried and they will advise you from there or just get another receiver.
    Stampede/Rustler

RC poster
    Are you sure you have the steering servo plugged in to the correct port on the receiver?
    I'd rather lose with nitro than win with electric

RC poster
    Ok thanks Jerry maybe I'll buy a new receiver. Its pretty old.