Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Racer

Aftermarket Items

I'm seeing aluminum shock caps on eBay from Dhawk + other parts. Looks like we won't have to wait as long as we thought for aftermarket items to hit. Now if my truck would just get delivered I could get started on it!

Any links?

RC Competitor
    XMAXX (Red), Tmaxx 2.5 (converting to electric)

RC Competitor
    Dang, that was quick! The shocks are blue right? I wonder why they made the caps red? Maybe something that happened to already fit?

RC Competitor
    You can actually get the red shock bodies on the Traxxas site. I am not sure why the blue ones are being seen with the red bodies as it looks like it was the intention to have the shocks match the body color.

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/7765R

Red Shock Body
    Last edited by Double G; 12-22-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks! Yeah, why only red?

There are actually what appears to be full parted out X-MAXX on eBay, and upgraded melts hex hubs!
    Last edited by Double G; 12-22-2015 at 08:28 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, why only red?
    Good question. maybe they just haven't got them listed yet. I imagine we will see a lot more items showing up here shortly

RC Racer
    20$ each too lol

If Traxxas got upgrade parts they should bring them to Market, and soon.

RC Racer
    There was a X-maxx body for sale on there earlier, seems long gone already

RC Competitor
    I just picked up my red X-Maxx today from LHS but I'm pretty sure I have seen on Traxxas site somewhere that they have red body shocks as an option, did anyone else see this or was it just some really strong wishful thinking? Sorry just noticed the post with link above, thank you
    Last edited by Maxxnutt69; 12-22-2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Seen above post

I like the red shock bodies. If them came in green I would buy them. I love green, and I'm going to do a green body for my X-Maxx as soon as they become available.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

I have bought a lot of stuff from Dhawk for my Yeti XL, Shock Caps, A-Arms, Diff Halfs, Shock Tower. They all are very well made. Shipping times have been from 7 to 16 days to California. Just some feedback if you by from him direct on Ebay.
    Xmaxx, Rally, Slash 4X4, Summit 1/16

Good deal glad to see aftermarket already hitting the interwebs. Ready to max out my XMAXX for serious bashing and show qualities. Love this beast.
    XMAXX EREVO SAVAGE Digging Ditches

Quote Originally Posted by dwilli9013 View Post
    Good deal glad to see aftermarket already hitting the interwebs. Ready to max out my XMAXX for serious bashing and show qualities. Love this beast.
    Same. I'm really excited to see what Traxxas will come out with, and the aftermarket companies too.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxPain View Post
    I have bought a lot of stuff from Dhawk for my Yeti XL, Shock Caps, A-Arms, Diff Halfs, Shock Tower. They all are very well made. Shipping times have been from 7 to 16 days to California. Just some feedback if you by from him direct on Ebay.
    Then why does the eBay seller link have 43 feedback?

I have a issue buying anything from anyone with less than 100 transactions, let alone from China.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykujo View Post

I have a issue buying anything from anyone with less than 100 transactions, let alone from China.
    I checked one of the other Dhawk X-Maxx ads and the feed back was 100% for 1700+ transactions. In my Yeti XL research a lot of people used their aluminum hop ups. I'm sure we will find out how good their X-Maxx parts and business dealings are over the next month or 2.

RC Racer
    I would buy from dhawk any day. Bought lots for my Yeti XL from them.

RC Racer
    Update: I messaged Dhawk today and here is what they plan to put out so far for the X-Maxx: "bell crank steering and steering rod's and diff gears. Blue shock caps will be listed tomorrow." He requested I give him some ideas on different colors you guys are looking for. I saw green already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurMaxx View Post
    Update: I messaged Dhawk today and here is what they plan to put out so far for the X-Maxx: "bell crank steering and steering rod's and diff gears. Blue shock caps will be listed tomorrow." He requested I give him some ideas on different colors you guys are looking for. I saw green already mentioned.

Goes without saying "Red"?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykujo View Post

Make sure you look for the correct seller named dhawk-racing
    Xmaxx, Rally, Slash 4X4, Summit 1/16

Can't stress green enough here. I"ll buy anything that comes out in green.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Can't stress green enough here. I"ll buy anything that comes out in green.
    I agree Wolf, I'll let them know!

RC Qualifier
    Why the diff gears already? Is he hoping for a knee jerk reaction to sell these or something?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxPain View Post
    Make sure you look for the correct seller named dhawk-racing
    i just hit the link supplied in this thread

ill look for that and order

thanks

Wow - after market talk already. That speaks volumes of how well this truck will do in the market.

RC Racer
    Ordered em

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    he told me he'll do some black aluminum too
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Racer
    Red, Black, and Blue shock caps and lower shock caps are now on eBay.

Red, Black, and Blue shock caps and lower shock caps are now on eBay.
    Awesome!

So, likely too early, but can anyone confirm they are high quality and fit correctly??

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Awesome!

So, likely too early, but can anyone confirm they are high quality and fit correctly??
    I'm still waiting for my truck to get here Tuesday so no confirmation on fitment yet.

Dhawk said they will work on the green shock parts in the next couple of days. They are also going to look at doing the skid plates.

RC Racer
    Green shock caps and lower shock caps from Dhawk are now on eBay!

RC Enthusiast
    Im hoping for some sweet huge Red RPM A-Arms!!

RC poster
    i want as much RPM stuff as possible!!!!!!!!. i have a red truck but im hoping for green parts as well. i had a tire blow out a couple days ago! called traxxas and set them pics of it..... i think they are going to send me a new set. i cant wait for pro-line to come out with tires and wheels. I really want a huge set of trenchers for this thing.

It will take a little bit for the aftermarket support to pick up. Aside from a manufacturer of a truck putting out their own aftermarket right away, most, if not all other companies wouldn't have access to this truck so they couldn't get measurements of the parts they would like to develop. Also, many times a company may delay a little bit and see what the demand is for the vehicle as they don't want to flood R&D and get very little return on their investment.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    I want a set of mudslingers for this thing! I want the truck to eat earth when I gun it lol.

I also just ordered a set of the Dhawk aluminum shock caps. Probably going to order the shock lowers as well. But I'm still on the fence if they would be a nessisary upgrade from the current lowers.

These I mean.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Shock...ATCHING_ACTIVE
    Last edited by Hpiman74; 12-29-2015 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hpiman74 View Post
    I want a set of mudslingers for this thing! I want the truck to eat earth when I gun it lol.

I also just ordered a set of the Dhawk aluminum shock caps. Probably going to order the shock lowers as well. But I'm still on the fence if they would be a nessisary upgrade from the current lowers.

These I mean.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Shock...ATCHING_ACTIVE
    I was thinking the same, but thinking now that once the shocks are broken-in, all seals seated correctly, the points to strengthen would be the attachment points to the truck - the very top caps, and very bottom caps. !?

I don't see a need for upgrading the lowers either.

I also don't see the bottom attachments available as an upgrade through Dhawk. Is the very bottom piece attached to the shaft?
    Last edited by jeteffect; 12-29-2015 at 03:36 AM.

Yeah the bottom piece replaces the bottom of the shock tube. I ordered both so we'll see how it goes. I just dont understand how they got the shocks in china so fast and were able to manufacture replacement parts.
    X-Maxx Max6 | EB48.3 | ET48.3 | Axial Grave Digger

I'm not sure there will be a lot of after market support for the Xmaxx. Let's look at the XO-1. It's been out for several years now, and the after market support for it is minimal at best. Now, let's look at the after market support for the Emaxx. With it's after market support you can build 5 completely different trucks all with parts from dozens of totally different manufactures.

Unless it takes 10 plus years for a company to develop after market products, I don't understand why the after market for the XO is so poor, an why the after market products for the Emaxx is so good. But, being that is the case, I can't assume that the after market products for the Xmaxx will be all that significant.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I'm not sure there will be a lot of after market support for the Xmaxx. Let's look at the XO-1. It's been out for several years now, and the after market support for it is minimal at best. Now, let's look at the after market support for the Emaxx. With it's after market support you can build 5 completely different trucks all with parts from dozens of totally different manufactures.

Unless it takes 10 plus years for a company to develop after market products, I don't understand why the after market for the XO is so poor, an why the after market products for the Emaxx is so good. But, being that is the case, I can't assume that the after market products for the Xmaxx will be all that significant.
    Supply and demand and popularity. You could say the same of the Revo (both electric and nitro) versus, say the 4-Tec. The XO-1 is not overly popular because of its limitation to on-road racing. The money is where we hobbyists are and that is in the dirt or backyard bashing. A company is not going to invest in R&D for aftermarket unless they can see a profit by turning their inventory over fairly quickly. One has to forecast that demand and bank that it will be there to justify the costs of manufacturing their supply.
    IMHO
    The Super Derecho

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast