Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Yeah plus the cost of the XO-1, almost 2 grand for a on road car I'll never try to push to its limits, pass. My Xmaxx however I will be able to drop that on the ground any place on the planet and have fun with.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    Yeah the bottom piece replaces the bottom of the shock tube. I ordered both so we'll see how it goes. I just dont understand how they got the shocks in china so fast and were able to manufacture replacement parts.

Where do you think 100% of the truck was made?

Not the USA

Starts with a "C"

China had the parts before traxxas had the parts.

RC Racer
    I agree. With the main online hobby stores all on back order I think it's safe to say this truck is already a hit. I think there will be a ton of aftermarket parts. Like double g said. X-o1 has a very limited market.

how did china have the parts before traxxas? are you saying the R&D is done in china?

R&D in Texas and then prints sent to manufacturer(s) in China for assembly.
    The Super Derecho

I hope you're right DoubleG, cuz that's the only thing I don't like about the XO-1 is it's lack of after market goodies. Other than that it's an awesome toy. Time will tell I guess, so lets keep our fingers crossed.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 12-29-2015 at 04:52 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    I hope you're right DoubleG, cuz that's the only thing I don't like about the XO-1 is it's lack of after market goodies. Other than that it's an awesome toy. Time will tell I guess, so lets keep our fingers crossed.
    It's a big estimated guess. Maybe the business classes are coming in handy.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    I don't have an xo-1, but I also can't see any future increased aftermarket support. There just isn't a large market for it. I don't have numbers, but I'd estimate on road cars probably equal less than 10-15% of rc ground vehicle sales. My first rc car was a nitro 4-tec. It's fun for a bit zipping up and down the street but you very quickly wanna be able to hop that curb, or drive through the grass. I imagine it would be fun for about an hour flying by at 100mph, but I see it getting old real fast. You need a large area to drive in, and at that speed, as soon as you hit 100 you gotta stop and turn around just to zip by again for 3 secs. I guess if you had a lot of buddies with onroad cars and a track setup the fun would last longer, but if I'm driving by myself, i'm not gonna stand on the sidewalk and just go up and down the street back and forth for 30 mins. It's about like just standing there and watching full size cars drive by. No fun.

Just ordered a blue set of shock caps! But still waiting for X-MAXX to even get shipped to me, what am I doing! Haha
    Pre order in since nov!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Just ordered a blue set of shock caps! But still waiting for X-MAXX to even get shipped to me, what am I doing! Haha
    Pre order in since nov!
    I just placed my order today as well, getting the upper and lower shock caps in blue. Not sure if they will get here first or my truck!

RC Racer
    Are the stock shock caps plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
    Are the stock shock caps plastic?
    Yep. Even if they were colored from the factory I would want green ones though.

As soon as you can get the shock bodies in green I'll do them. Did I mention I love green?
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    K. Don't have my xmaxx yet, that's why I was wondering. Why did they make a metal body with plastic caps? Doesn't make sense. Would be like trying to put a wood screw into metal nut. It's no wonder people are popping shock caps.

RC Enthusiast
    Just ordered a blue and red set for me and a buddy I'll update when we get them installed

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yea I want black shock bodies. Then i'll order some Black shock caps. The blue bodies is throwing off the theme I want to do.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Yea I want black shock bodies. Then i'll order some Black shock caps. The blue bodies is throwing off the theme I want to do.
    I mentioned to Dhawk that people are going to want to be able to do a full color match on the shocks.

The XO-1 is not overly popular because of its limitation to on-road racing. The money is where we hobbyists are and that is in the dirt or backyard bashing. A company is not going to invest in R&D for aftermarket unless they can see a profit by turning their inventory over fairly quickly.
    DoubleG, I got to thinking about what you said above. I have to respectfully ask: if that's true (I'm just asking), why did Traxxas make the XO-1 in the first place. I got to believe that Traxxas did a market analysis before they went full modules to making the XO-1. If so, then I have to logically assume there was a market for Traxxas to make a reasonable profit with a on road Super Car.

Also, even if Traxxas did do a chubby by making a market miscalculation...the XO-1 is still in production, and on its' second version. If no profit was being made due to lack of interest (and, the lack of XO-1 numbers to generate spare parts support), I'd think Traxxas would cut their losses and stop XO-1 production. Anyway (in my opinion), something isn't adding up with why the XO-1 doesn't have the after market support as other vehicles. Oh well, just a little food for thought. And hopefully, it won't happen to the Xmaxx.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 01-03-2016 at 09:58 AM.

I have no clue what goes on in the board rooms of Traxxas HQ so I could only make assumptions as I do not have any insider information. Maybe they did it because it could be done; though I do note a lot of the technology that was introduced on the XO-1 has made it around to other vehicles.
    But look at the Funny Car. Some different technology in it and they could have built it because of their affiliation with the NHRA and the target crowd there.
    Risk vs reward; win some and lose some.
    The Super Derecho

After market tires. Ok to post here?

http://kershawdesigns.com/X-MaxxTires.htm

RC Competitor
    Aren't the stock tires 8"?

I want some 10" tires
    Pede Xmaxx Merv 1/18 Rally Blast Spartan M41 Aton

Quote Originally Posted by 00ttvr6 View Post
    Aren't the stock tires 8"?

I want some 10" tires
    These are 8.2 but maybe different compound softer, harder then stock? Wondering if anyone has tried them?

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like caps are preference. Shafts are the weakness so far.

Yea, I forgot about the Drag Racers. I wonder how much of a following they have. I like drag racing, but wouldn't want one as an RC. Kind of like the XO. If all I could do with it was speed runs, I wouldn't have one. But, it is a lot of fun making different tracks in big parking lots. I have to say, I like on and off road about the same. Hopefully though, the Xmaxx will have more after market support than the XO. Like you say, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykujo View Post
    Where do you think 100% of the truck was made?

Not the USA

Starts with a "C"

China had the parts before traxxas had the parts.
    didn't think about that. it makes sense now
    X-Maxx Max6 | EB48.3 | ET48.3 | Axial Grave Digger

RC Champion
    I have bought a ton of parts from DHAWK off e-bay for another rc I own and can say all parts were excellent quality and fit. Not one problem with anything and shipping was always 2 weeks or less to Texas.
    just a basher

Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    I have bought a ton of parts from DHAWK off e-bay for another rc I own and can say all parts were excellent quality and fit. Not one problem with anything and shipping was always 2 weeks or less to Texas.
    Thanks for the feedback on this. I have shock caps on the way from this seller.

X2 on the feedback. Just ordered Caps & Lowers for mine Sunday. Blue.
    XMAXX EREVO SAVAGE Digging Ditches

RC Competitor
    If you are looking for shock covers, these are now available. I saw them on ebay first, but people had them bid up to $41 for a set. You can jut go to their website and they are only $15

http://www.fullforcerc.com/categories/x-maxx/
    XMAXX (Red), Tmaxx 2.5 (converting to electric)

RC poster
    Just went and ordered some metallic blue shock covers before they sell out like everything else, thanks for the heads up man.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by lighty View Post
    Just went and ordered some metallic blue shock covers before they sell out like everything else, thanks for the heads up man.
    Nice! I ordered the metallic red myself

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Tried to order a set but don't see the Paypal option. On the website at the bottom it says "paypal verified" but it doesn't give me that option when I go to checkout.

RC Competitor
    I'll think I'll wait for all the aftermarket stuff a lot better stuff will be coming down the road then to buy first stuff that comes out and then turn around and buy the better stuff later on

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Tried to order a set but don't see the Paypal option. On the website at the bottom it says "paypal verified" but it doesn't give me that option when I go to checkout.
    That's odd. I used paypal for my purchase. It was the usual "Secure Checkout with Paypal" button.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by hazelmullins View Post
    That's odd. I used paypal for my purchase. It was the usual "Secure Checkout with Paypal" button.
    I found it now lol ordered up a black pair to remove the blue shock body color from the theme im going with.
    Last edited by G-Rustler; 01-07-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hazelmullins View Post
    If you are looking for shock covers, these are now available. I saw them on ebay first, but people had them bid up to $41 for a set. You can jut go to their website and they are only $15

http://www.fullforcerc.com/categories/x-maxx/
    Hey guys!

Shock covers, are they more so for looks or keeping dirt out of the shock area??????

Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Hey guys!

Shock covers, are they more so for looks or keeping dirt out of the shock area??????
    I'd say both! I've been in contact with BadHorsie.com and they will have theres available within a week.

RC Competitor
    Just saw kershaw designs posting up a preview of the 1/5 scale motor mount. Wow, this is exciting.
    Summit Dual 700HO/Tekin/MM2
    Emaxx 1717
    XO-1 GT

Talked with Dusty Motors yesterday.... A chassis cover / shroud in the works for the X-MAXX coming soon!

RC Racer
    I emailed Proline this week, here is the response...lol:
    "Hello

We are working on stuff."

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlurMaxx View Post
    I emailed Proline this week, here is the response...lol:
    "Hello

We are working on stuff."

oooo stuff sounds good!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast