Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Racer
    I don't think that will work cause it's not two seperate 6v supplies. That's like taking a 7.4 lipo with 2 output leads and trying to series them up. Won't work. It's already in series to get the 7.4v from the two 3.7 cells inside.
    You have to wire them to the main leads or put a female balance plug on your fans and plug them into the balancer wires on each lipo. That's what I do on my 1/8 scale stuff.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfueled1 View Post
    I'm using a tekno pinion for a 1/8 buggy. The xmaxx pinions are a little wider so I ordered one to fit the whole spur. Any 18t mod1 pinion will work but it rides on 3/4 of the spur cause it's so wide. I believe xo1 pinions are the same as xmaxx

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFUAC&P=ML

What I'm using
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBMTX&P=ML
    Thnx for the info! Gonna wait it out until the x-maxx pinions are available...got the 60mm fan on its way

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbaumann View Post
    Nice job with the fans udluuz. is that 30mm fan on the sides?
    I bought 2 yeah 3030mm fans for each side of esc to mount like in the video. My question is do you have fans sucking air out away from esc or blowing on them which is better cooling for esc ?

RC Competitor
    60x60x10 @5v fan fits perfectly. Havent had a chance to see about temps.. I cant get a certain company to send me the right batteries to save my life! Ive had this thing and havent seen it on 6s yet!

Last edited by EvoXlvr; 12-31-2015 at 02:52 PM.

RC Racer
    Ok, so the fan I ordered got back ordered. Thinking about cancelling. Question I have is, most of the computer fans I've got have a 3 wire plug. Anyway to convert this?

RC Racer
    I believe three wire fans are two speed. Just ground the ground wire and connect one positive wire at a time and see what one gives you the fastest speed and use the faster one.

RC poster

I wire a 12v fan direct to the mains in series for the full 22 volts. I never had an issue with my 1/8 scale stuff and you get more airflow from the higher voltage. Running a half hour or so shouldn't kill the fans rated for thousands of hours at normal voltage.

The traxxas pins pull out of the connectors making it easy to add the fan wires to the main leads
    So can you wire a 24v fan the way you have? Did you have to use tools to remove the wires or did they literally just pull out?

RC Racer
    Yeah a 24 will work. 2 3s packs is like 25 volts so really should be perfect. My pins pulled out but if they don't you can just tap it out with a flat head screw driver front to back

Guys, in general are these fans on the motor NEEDED for stock gearing, or gearing down to 11/54 for example?

Am I correct in saying that gearing up for higher speeds puts more stress/heat though the system vs. Gearing down?

Thanks.

RC Racer
    Yes stock or geared lower you should be fine.

RC Competitor
    If you guys haven't seen it yet, Kershaw has a clip on heatsink with fan for $13.

http://kershawdesigns.com/X-MaxxMotorCare.htm

And it comes in green, Wolfslash16!

Quote Originally Posted by bdougwrx View Post
    If you guys haven't seen it yet, Kershaw has a clip on heatsink with fan for $13.

Quote from site Easily clips onto stock X-Maxx motor. Notable improvement in cooling over stock passive heatsink

But does it have a plug already on end to plug into receiver?

Yes stock or geared lower you should be fine.
    Thanks for the reply!

RC Qualifier
    I had a spare Castle Creations laying around from another project so I took the dremel to it. After a bit of cutting it drops right on top of the stock heat sink and tucks under the rails. I ordered 3 more once they are in I will mount them up.

RC Racer
    Kind of late post but this place in Washington state called Vetco has some little fans: http://www.vetco.net/catalog/product...ducts_id=15160

I also found some and Fry's elecronics:
    http://www.frys.com/product/4722249?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Most computer stores will have some.

RC poster
    First post! Sorry if i missed this but I ordered the fan off the ebay link on the first page. I got it in today and I'm not sure how this will plug into my receiver...is there some adapters? Plugs to put on the end (replace current ones)?

Thanks for the help.

RC Racer
    I cut it off and wired it to a end I had that plugs into the receiver.

RC poster
    Gotcha. Ok thanks!

RC Racer
    So people who are using the Castle dual 2028 fan how is it working out for you?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jredecop View Post
    First post! Sorry if i missed this but I ordered the fan off the ebay link on the first page. I got it in today and I'm not sure how this will plug into my receiver...is there some adapters? Plugs to put on the end (replace current ones)?

Thanks for the help.

Just cut the end off and wire it into a servo connector

Quote Originally Posted by bdougwrx View Post

Anyone try this?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FatWheels View Post

Works fine for me.

6s, beating the heck out of it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FatWheels View Post
    The castle fan made a huge difference. I went thru a set of 3s 8000mah batteries yesterday bashing pretty hard and only hit 115f. The outside temp was about 50f and I am geared 18/54.

RC Enthusiast
    I just ordered the integy dual fan from kershaw designs. A little steep at just over $25 after shipping but worth it if it looks factory and does a good job. New to the forum and just got the X-maxx 2 days ago I've had a T-maxx 3.3 for about 6 months and like the X-maxx much better.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtim1985 View Post
    The castle fan made a huge difference. I went thru a set of 3s 8000mah batteries yesterday bashing pretty hard and only hit 115f. The outside temp was about 50f and I am geared 18/54.
    Good stuff that's my main concern. I have 4 x 8400 3S Lipos arriving with my X Maxx next week and want to keep temps low with the longer run times.

RC Racer
    I had a integy fan just like it for my summit. Kept falling off and would cause my esc to just stop working randomly when plugged in. Unplug it and esc would never shut off. My the Xmaxx one will be better. Personally I would do with castle over anything integy.

RC Enthusiast
    Well, hopefully they got it fixed on this one maybe I will get lucky for once.

RC Champion
    I wonder what would my temps using the cc dual fans..I live in CA so weather temp here can go 90f-110f during summer��
    Or is it even safe to run the Xmaxx at those temps..

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
    Ok, so the fan I ordered got back ordered. Thinking about cancelling. Question I have is, most of the computer fans I've got have a 3 wire plug. Anyway to convert this?
    3-wire computer fans are generally black, red, and yellow

BLK=Ground/Neg
    RED=Positive
    YLW=RPM Signal

Just hook up black and red accordingly, yellow has no use in this instance, unless you could figure out how to get it to work with telemetry.....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Wait wait wait, are you guys saying Castle fans fit over the stock motor heatsink!?!
    Hey wolfslash the castle 2028 dual fan fits over the stock heat sink between the chassis rails with slight trimming to the fins on the under side of fan. If you go to the x-maxx photo gallery I have posted pics of it on my x-maxx with fan installed if that helps out
    Fortenwinkler

RC poster
    Hey Maxxius, how did the integy dual fan from kershaw work out?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoXlvr View Post
    60x60x10 @5v fan fits perfectly. Havent had a chance to see about temps.. I cant get a certain company to send me the right batteries to save my life! Ive had this thing and havent seen it on 6s yet!

lol it looks like a virgin

RC poster
    Threw a 30mm fan on the heatsink. Made a huge difference in temps. Still stock gearing though. I had extra connectors for the receiver so I just cut the usb off and soldered the connector on. https://goo.gl/photos/931wonqYU1vNdrcA7
    Video...
    https://goo.gl/photos/9VS9bH1YPzHV8nJi7
    Last edited by Pflow32; 08-23-2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Added video

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123