RC poster

Exclamation Bandit VXL issues [Please Help]

hello, i recently bought a bandit vxl which has the 3s. i bought a 6400mah 11.1 v 3 cell lipo which the traxxas site said was a fit for this model. anyway i ran it for two separate times for about a half hour and man was it fast! however after the second run it stopped performing. it would only go forward like a slug or not at all. the steering is fine. it makes a weird grinding noise from the rear. assuming its gears or a pin broken? the engine & black box are both lit properly. can someone please help? im kind of a rookie as this is my first car. also since i did upgrade the battery is there some sort of upgrade i should do to the transmission/ other parts of the car that may needed to be beefed up to handle the power? anyway, i appreciate the read and anyone that can help. thanks, Brandon

If it isn't the gear mesh of the spur or the pinion, you probably stripped a gear inside the transmission or the differential. Open it up and see what you find :O

RC poster
    to add to that-it stopped working when i flipped it. it wasnt like i was just on a straight away and lost power

Then it may be the mesh because it usually gets shaken loose when the car jolts.

RC poster
    problem solved. the gears were separated. that back trans piece is pretty heavy so i guess it slid back. easy fix! what is the pin in there that can snap i heard about though? i might wanna buy a spare or is there heavier duty gears avail?

So it was the gear mesh? And that pin is in the main shaft connected to the slipper clutch to transfer the power, also found in most traxxas wheels

RC poster
    nothing wrong with the pin in the center. just pushed tranny case towards center of car and tightened the two screws that hold it in place. they were loose which caused it to slide back separating the gears. that rear tranny is pretty heavy so i can see why it slid back from flipping the car

Get the STRC motor plate, it will help with heat and allows you to tighten the motor down better. The stock case will flex by itself and the motor plate helps strengthen it.
    The pin in the previous post is actually in the tranny on the input shaft under the input gear FYI.
    3S on a Bandit? 2S is tolerable IMO and 3S is torture.
    T/SportMax/Slayer Pro/Bandit
    Stampede/Rustler