Thread: Dyed Some Parts

RC Competitor

Dyed Some Parts

I decided today was the day to dye some parts. I got the shock towers done, the steering brace, and the cover that goes over the metal gear in the rear. my observations doing this are that this thing is built tough. I really like how it is built and seems like a lot of effort was put into this. With that said, It takes some good time getting screws out to get the piece off you want. I'm sure ill find better ways as I tinker. also, I discovered water in my slipper and the metal gear housing. I was surprised and unhappy at the same time. check yours if you've been in water or snow. anyway, here are the pics.

http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/tw...bile%20Uploads
    XMAXX, 1/16th SUMMIT, EREVO

There should be a link button, select html and copy and paste for each photo.

It came out awesome BTW

RC Competitor
    ill check it out thanks

RC Qualifier
    How long did it take to die the main chassis and how big of a pot did you have to use?

Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    How long did it take to die the main chassis and how big of a pot did you have to use?
    Doesn't look like he did the main chassis yet, possibly because of the size of the pot required

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    I haven't done the main chassis yet due to the time required to get it all apart. I believe my pot is big enough. I had both shock towers in at the same time with plenty of room to spare. I'm using my wife's stock pot she uses for canning the longest part is getting the water to a boil. The parts took about 2 hours to get black. It looks so much better to me. I wish they shipped the parts in black stock.