Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I can't say it feels good, life's too busy for me now to be cleaning every part on an r/c truck lol. Certainly feel accomplished when it's back together though.

I like your idea with those trays to set the parts in during a teardown/rebuild.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

finally got to run the truck with my new upgrades.

plan today was to just take it easy with the new parts on it. but you know how that goes, always end up beating the tar out of it. i started easy going up and down the driveway, then got real spirited in the grass, then set up the big ramp and took to the skies launching it probly 30+ times. I did lawn dart it pretty good once and it ripped the front lower bumper support screws clean out of the skidplate lol.

new things:
    max6 ESC seems to run good. couldn't get it over 100*F on 6s even in the grass.

UE Supermaxx TiNi shock shafts seem good too. i can't say they feel much different than the stock shafts. i didn't have any terrible crashes to really test them out.

center diff doesn't act much like a diff with the 20,000,000w fluid in it (if you want to call it fluid). thing wheelies every where all the time. even charging across the yard, can barely keep the front end down. didn't change the way it flies at all either. also, if i hold the back tires on the ground with the front tires in the air and give it throttle, it really struggles to diff out to the fronts. i'd like to swap to 1,000,000w fluid and give that a try.
    Last edited by rizz0d; 05-10-2017 at 01:11 AM.

RC Qualifier
    UE recommend MUCH thinner centre diff oil - 15k weight for racing or less and say the front still lifts.
    I've a V1 so am trying their diff gear - away from home with work for a few weeks.
    I'm going to try 60k I think, giving wheelie action and hopefully keeping the front down without trying too hard.

Al.

RC poster
    I'm curious about those shock shafts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here we go again. I was curious to find out how much farther it will jump just by gearing up from 15/54 to 18/54, got my answer I did crash pretty good once and "tested" the supermaxx shafts too...

still having fun with my x-maxx. wish i had more time to play.

kinda bumming because we managed to get kicked off the bmx track i've always enjoyed. here's a couple pictures i pulled from the video...

a little hangtime

donut dust anyone?

RC Competitor
    Wow, big improvement for only 3 more teeth. I run 22-46 and has excellent control in the air. Your jumping far man if you can slow mo when you land, you can see the lower arms slid across the ground and rub the inside of the wheels awesome. Xmaxxs are tough. Going bananas with this thing will put a smile on your face

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    still having fun with my x-maxx. wish i had more time to play.

kinda bumming because we managed to get kicked off the bmx track i've always enjoyed. here's a couple pictures i pulled from the video...

a little hangtime

donut dust anyone?

That looked like a MINT track for 5th scale RC races. Should see if theyd open it up on certain nights for an RC club? Cant hurt to ask.

would be killer for 1/5th scale for sure. they added it to their rules sign that no r/c's are allowed on the track. the guy that kicked us off said that r/c's damage the track.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by painter View Post
    That's why I avoid driving in wet conditions.
    But you're eager to run all the time, have the same weather here in Sweden soon I am driving in the rain
    pure rain without dirt mud would hurt,it the mud and sand that will bring high wear and tear

RC Qualifier
    would be killer for 1/5th scale for sure. they added it to their rules sign that no r/c's are allowed on the track. the guy that kicked us off said that r/c's damage the track.
    .org haters!

This my Xmaxx...

And, this is my Xmaxx on drugs.

So, all you kids out there...let this be a lesson to ya.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 11-18-2017 at 04:53 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

that dirty picture is great! nothing says "I had a blast" better than a muddied up x-maxx.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Ty for shock shafts vid. Mine will be here monday and the vid def answered questions i had. Great thread 8)
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

How do you drill the holes in the bottom of the max 6
    Last edited by X-Maxx; 12-10-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Maxx View Post
    How do you drill the holes in the bottom of the max 6
    my max6 had holes on the bottom of it already predrilled.

so i took a scrap piece of lexan and cut it to about the size of the max6, then held it up to the bottom and marked the holes. then double sided taped that piece of lexan to the chassis where the esc goes and i drilled the holes from the top side. then i took the middle skidplate underneath off and you can see the holes you drilled. there is some chassis bracing plastic right there on the underside of the chassis, i took the dremel and cut the bracing just where the holes were to make room the screw heads. then i held the max6 to the chassis and ran the screws through the chassis.

my max6 had holes on the bottom of it already predrilled.

so i took a scrap piece of lexan and cut it to about the size of the max6, then held it up to the bottom and marked the holes. then double sided taped that piece of lexan to the chassis where the esc goes and i drilled the holes from the top side. then i took the middle skidplate underneath off and you can see the holes you drilled. there is some chassis bracing plastic right there on the underside of the chassis, i took the dremel and cut the bracing just where the holes were to make room the screw heads. then i held the max6 to the chassis and ran the screws through the chassis.
    just to clarify, you marked the holes on the max 6 using the lexan, then drilled the holes in the chassis. please let me know if i'm wrong.

just to clarify, you marked the holes on the max 6 using the lexan, then drilled the holes in the chassis. please let me know if i'm wrong.
    correct. the lexan was just a template so I knew where to drill the holes on the chassis.

correct. the lexan was just a template so I knew where to drill the holes on the chassis.
    ok, thank you. i was wondering because i am going to upgrade mine to the max 6, I'm still running the vxl-6s. I don't like it because its to glitchy and stutters. also, what screws did you use to mount the esc to the chassis? (I feel like I'm asking too many questions!)
    Last edited by X-Maxx; 12-11-2017 at 04:30 PM. Reason: added

ok, thank you. i was wondering because i am going to upgrade mine to the max 6, I'm still running the vxl-6s. I don't like it because its to glitchy and stutters. also, what screws did you use to mount the esc to the chassis? (I feel like I'm asking too many questions!)
    i think it was button head screws, i just used whatever i could find in the "screw box" at the time.

i think it was button head screws, i just used whatever i could find in the "screw box" at the time.
    should i use these or should they be shorter? https://traxxas.com/products/parts/2576

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456