Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    any of you guys follow bigsquid r/c? it's an r/c news site "for bashers, by bashers."

well pro-line racing put some cash on the line for a wipeout video contest looking for people going big and hard.

i've cut up 2 videos to enter into the contest (hard to get them down to 1 minute lol), and i'm looking for feedback. which one do you guys think is better? the 'version 1' or the 'version 2' that includes a request from pro-line?

version 1
    Last edited by rizz0d; 11-06-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    youtube: rizzodtheRCvlogger

version 2

RC Qualifier
    Can't put my finger on it, but V2 seemed to have me looking at it all the way through - better continuity - for me.

Al.

haha is that First to Last or something? the music

Ive seen your videos before I joined the form. I like your basher jumper mentality a lot, I'm the same way. Have most of your jumps been with the stock motor setup?

Hey guys. So the video contest is in full swing now. They used my 'version 1' video and I've made it down to the top 8.

Head on over to the bigsquidrc website, check out the Proline wipeout video contest article, and vote for rizz0d. lol. let's get the win for the only X-Maxx in the running!

RC Competitor
    I voted for ya rizz0d. Youre behind by a little bit at this time. Best of luck. Your videos of airing your garage inspired my X-Maxx purchase. :-)

IanRose: Yes, this has all been with the stock motor and stock ESC.

zBawx: thanks for the vote man. I thought I had it in the bag since it was a contest about going big and crashing and I had the biggest r/c doing the biggest jumps. guess I thought wrong lol.

and that's awesome that my videos inspired you. I just got a new camera, need to find some time to get more footage.
    Last edited by rizz0d; 12-07-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling

had some fun in the snow!

RC Qualifier
    Good bit of fun you've been having there - loved the first 'jump' !!

Al.

after my stock speed control took a permanent thermal vacation i wanted to try my tekin rx8 gen2 speed control in the x-maxx. i looked all over and couldn't find any information regarding a max(x)imum vehicle weight limit. and i couldn't find anyone that had tried it. so i thought i would be the guinea pig!

it was finally dry enough to get outside and try it out. it worked way better than i expected. 4s was no problem at all. then on 6s it ran fine as well, seemed to hang around 150-160*F. felt REALLY good to let my x-maxx take to the skies once again.

RC Racer
    You do good work. Nice and clean and the switch mount is a great idea.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

soooo.....testing out the tekin speed control ended up turning into a big air bash session. here i was thinking it would be a boring test and next thing i know i'm flying high again. i can't believe this ESC can toss the x-maxx around so well.
    starts off tentative on 4s then i switch to 6s and give her a proper beating.

Nice vid! I can't tell you how many Tekins I've seen go up in flames on race day. I think it's time is limited in an X-Maxx but hopefully I'm wrong!
    X-Maxx Max6 | EB48.3 | ET48.3 | Axial Grave Digger

thanks. it's not a long term plan, i just wanted to see what it could do. i too saw one smoke at the track on 4s in a buggy, guy didn't even bat an eyelash, threw it in the trash, walked into the hobby shop bought a new one and that was that. how come when these "race" electronics fry no one says anything, but when "basher" electronics fry everyone gets so vocal that it's a huge problem and the companies suck, etc..?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    thanks. it's not a long term plan, i just wanted to see what it could do. i too saw one smoke at the track on 4s in a buggy, guy didn't even bat an eyelash, threw it in the trash, walked into the hobby shop bought a new one and that was that. how come when these "race" electronics fry no one says anything, but when "basher" electronics fry everyone gets so vocal that it's a huge problem and the companies suck, etc..?
    Just the way it works. Even with full scale cars! Problem is we will never know the real numbers. I guess most racers have been at this long enough to know it's just part of the game. Pay to play.

RC Competitor
    ritz0d,
    hey this looks great, may I ask what did you do with your TRX esc?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymullen View Post
    Just the way it works. Even with full scale cars! Problem is we will never know the real numbers. I guess most racers have been at this long enough to know it's just part of the game. Pay to play.
    You are right on there. I guess owning an X-maxx is pretty cheap compared to how much it cost to be competitive and have spare everything for raceday to make sure nothing gets in the way of your points lol. Plus the cost of all the stuff you haul to the track with you...
    X-Maxx Max6 | EB48.3 | ET48.3 | Axial Grave Digger

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    You are right on there. I guess owning an X-maxx is pretty cheap compared to how much it cost to be competitive and have spare everything for raceday to make sure nothing gets in the way of your points lol. Plus the cost of all the stuff you haul to the track with you...
    You aren't kidding. I spent more on my xmaxxs' than my 1st car!

Sorry to clutter your thread Rizz..

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni03 View Post
    rizz0d,
    hey this looks great, may I ask what did you do with your TRX esc?
    thanks. my vxl-6s is currently holding a shelf down.

You aren't kidding. I spent more on my xmaxxs' than my 1st car!
    omg, thanks for mentioning that. now that i think back to my first real car, it cost exactly the same as my x-maxx!

RC Competitor
    Hello rizz0d,
    Ya I threw my ESC away because I was just so upset but didn't realize that it was going to be useful for me to do the trade up to get the power up kit I got gears are stripped to drive shafts that are broken from the pins so I'm just trying to find a dead ESC that somebody that can give up if they're not going to do that powerup?

RC Racer
    Hey when you get some time....would you mind sharing the specs on your ramp? I was going to build one and yours has a great run up and launch!

Hey when you get some time....would you mind sharing the specs on your ramp? I was going to build one and yours has a great run up and launch!
    go back a few pages in this thread, i went over the specs of the ramp and made a step by step tutorial.

RC Racer
    go back a few pages in this thread, i went over the specs of the ramp and made a step by step tutorial.
    Missed it. Thank you!

100 big air jumps with my x-maxx!

this one has a bunch of jumps i've never posted before along with a lot of jumps from my 'big air bonanza' series. it's a true testament to just how tough this truck really is.

RC Enthusiast
    Awesome rizz. I've been watching your videos and posts for a while. Looking forward to the next 100

Sent from over there using Tapatalk
    V1 XMAX6 V2 SNAP-ON XMAXX and Spartan

here's my final run on the tekin ESC. got a tape measure to see how far it's flying. getting about 45' of distance on 15/54 gearing. can't wait to gear back up and try again...

ordered a few things for my truck. a hobbywing max6 to replace my faulty vxl-6s. the traxxas center diff which i'm super excited to try out. and a set of Unlimited Engineering Ti-Ni coated shock shafts, can't wait to get some SuperMaxx DNA into my X...

RC Racer
    You are going to love that Max6. I too have the center diff parts in transit and am interested in seeing the difference.

i hope so. i didn't open the diff yet, but i can't turn it by hand. i have to use pliers to get enough force to make it diff lol. i'll try it like this first and go from there.

and how are you guys mounting the max6? it doesn't have ears to run screws into the chassis and tape or velcro won't hold strong enough for me. i don't want a plate on top of the chassis brace, i want it mounted in the stock position.

RC Enthusiast
    I mounted mine with Gorilla double sided tape and have had no issues. The tape that came with the max6 was no good at all.

RC Racer
    Great videos and great pilot skills! It's not easy jumping from the blind side, a leap of faith for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoDR1977 View Post
    I mounted mine with Gorilla double sided tape and have had no issues. The tape that came with the max6 was no good at all.
    Thanks man, do you do much jumping? I've tried everything through the years, different tapes, industrial velcro, etc.. and big jumps/bottoming out always worked them loose. this thing needs to be bolted down lol.

RC Qualifier
    Shoe goo is where it's at all day!! I use it for holding down my esc's. Even helps keep tires on your rims!
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

wow, shoe goo can hold an ESC down? i never thought to try that.

anyways. changing the rear lower bulkhead is pretty involved. so i decided to tear the whole truck down for inspection/service...

no locked up bearings and the only broken part is the front bumper mount.

oh, and i did discover this, looking inside the center driveshaft. it's not twisted, but it is BENT!

seriously, how did i BEND the center driveshaft???? i wonder how long it's been like this, lol.

simple green bath all around.
    truck in a bucket;

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks man, do you do much jumping? I've tried everything through the years, different tapes, industrial velcro, etc.. and big jumps/bottoming out always worked them loose. this thing needs to be bolted down lol.
    I'm not jumping like you are but I'm not taking it easy on the max either. Ive had multiple 20-40 foot cartwheels and such. I pull on max6 after every run to make sure it's ok. Hope this helps

Whoa...Your shaft bro...Wonder if the chassis flexed enough on a hard landing/crash to do that?

Isn't it crazy how locked that center diff is.

Nice teardown. My V1+ has been making a funny sound on hard acceleration I can't figure out. Maybe I should look at my shaft too...
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

All parts cleaned and ready for rebuild.

This is every part of an x-maxx besides tires and body...

chassis parts laid out...

driveline parts laid out...

Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California
    rarwr!!!!

awesome reference pictures rizz0d!!!!!!!

these will help me for sure!!

good luck on the build, waiting for more x-maxx videos!
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

installed the Unlimited Engineering TiNi coated shock shafts.

found this in one of my shocks, the bladder is blown out. i wonder how long it's been like this, or how it worked at all.

check out the difference between the UE Supermaxx shock end compared to stock...

New shafts look purdy...

and here's the install process...

Just did the same too!! feels good.

That shock upgrade looks good.

I have never seen any reason to fully disassemble the center section though. You went the extra mile!!
    Last edited by SummitonSlingrs; 05-08-2017 at 11:56 AM.
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast