RC Enthusiast

2nd run breakdown

Well two runs in and the steering servo stripped a gear. So I have it apart waiting for the metal gear upgrade. Any other upgrades you guys suggest before going back together? Already did the Rpm bearing upgrades. So any others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Just upgrade parts as they break or are a ongoing problem

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by icumpd View Post
    Well two runs in and the steering servo stripped a gear. So I have it apart waiting for the metal gear upgrade. Any other upgrades you guys suggest before going back together? Already did the Rpm bearing upgrades. So any others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The servo is a very weak point in the X-Maxx, you has various options, metal gear set from Traxxas for the stock one, PROMODELER servo or JX 46kg servo with a 7749 adapter.

RC Enthusiast
    First thing I did when I purchased my x maxx was strip all the stock stuff out of it.

RC Racer
    Everything that comes in the x maxx is bulletproof lol
    Last edited by Big androski; 01-18-2021 at 10:06 PM.

RC poster
    You got lucky with second run. Mine stripped in 20 minutes of first run with light runs on flat Grass park. No jumps, no flips nothing crazy. I am practically new to the hobby and I was mortified about the thought of something not working when you spend over a grand on it. But the good hobby folks were kind enough to explain that this breaks often and suggested I upgrade to a SAVOX servo. I got one and looked up youtube for videos on installation. After 2 whole days of figuring out which screw goes where I was able to fit in a new servo and it is fantastic.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sycorax666 View Post
    You got lucky with second run. Mine stripped in 20 minutes of first run with light runs on flat Grass park. No jumps, no flips nothing crazy. I am practically new to the hobby and I was mortified about the thought of something not working when you spend over a grand on it. But the good hobby folks were kind enough to explain that this breaks often and suggested I upgrade to a SAVOX servo. I got one and looked up youtube for videos on installation. After 2 whole days of figuring out which screw goes where I was able to fit in a new servo and it is fantastic.
    Happy to read this, enjoy your monster.

RC Racer
    You only need to upgrade the tires body front and rear axle carriers steering servo radio receiver electronic speed control pinion and spur so pretty much upgrade everything and then you will have a reliable truck.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Big androski View Post
    You only need to upgrade the tires body front and rear axle carriers steering servo radio receiver electronic speed control pinion and spur so pretty much upgrade everything and then you will have a reliable truck.
    Man where is the Love for the Xmaxx. Haha I am doing exactly what you described .

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TundraLu View Post
    Man where is the Love for the Xmaxx. Haha I am doing exactly what you described .
    Me too lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Big androski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TundraLu View Post
    My gosh, which version of the X-maxx do you guys have? I've only had mine since December, but I've had numerous rough sessions with tons of high jumps and a couple at a cement skate park. My rear carrier bearing went out and I've crushed the body in a number of places, but other then that, everything is quite solid. Just took it apart today to maintenance the whole thing and check out for wear and no other issues so far (*knock on wood).

If you guys are driving rougher than I have been, I would hate to see what you do.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by halygon View Post
    My gosh, which version of the X-maxx do you guys have? I've only had mine since December, but I've had numerous rough sessions with tons of high jumps and a couple at a cement skate park. My rear carrier bearing went out and I've crushed the body in a number of places, but other then that, everything is quite solid. Just took it apart today to maintenance the whole thing and check out for wear and no other issues so far (*knock on wood).

If you guys are driving rougher than I have been, I would hate to see what you do.
    They are tough guys.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmacine View Post
    They are tough guys.

Sure Are thanks bud