RC poster

Xmaxx spur gear question.

Im acquiring a 6s Xmaxx, i used to own a coupke 8s trucks. I still have the 46t spur gear, id like to gear up the 6s truck with that spur, what pinion should i run? Also i know 6s trucks have a slipper clutch and 8s has cush drive, do the spurs still mount the same?

You would like to gear up the truck, but is the truck's electronics stock? If so, then I would only gear up the way the owner's manual suggests. If not, them we would need to know what electronics you do have in your truck.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    You would like to gear up the truck, but is the truck's electronics stock? If so, then I would only gear up the way the owner's manual suggests. If not, them we would need to know what electronics you do have in your truck.
    Stock, ill be adding cooling fans to it as well. Its a used truck i dont have an owners manual. Im just looking to see if others have done it with a 46t spur.

RC Qualifier
    Should find the manual online...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    Should find the manual online...
    Yep, you need to do one of two things, Dan, if you want to gear up a stock 6s Xmaxx with anything other than how it comes from the factory. If so, you need to either look up the owners manual and use it, or you need to change your ESC and motor. Don't rely on what others did. The reason?

Because, a lot of guys screwed up their stock 6s Xmaxx's due to the stock 6s Xmaxx not being handle anything other than what the owner's manual recommended. Back then, the stock 6s Xmaxx's stock electronics was just barely able to handle the weight of the Xmaxx, and nothing more (except under certain operating conditions suggested by the owner's manual).

So, save yourself a lot of money and headaches, and either do what the owner's manual suggest for gearing up a stock 6s Xmaxx with stock electronics, or change your ESC and motor before you gear up without using the owner's manual. Anything else, and you'll be asking for trouble.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 01-08-2020 at 04:47 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.