RC Competitor

Just bought a X-Maxx 8s roller, what to look for?

Hi all. Just bought an 8s roller. $162 shipped off fleabay. Pretty stoked as I have never ran one. Had a Snap-on box truck but never ran it. It looks in decent shape. Has the original body in good condition plus another almost new body. No electronics except the steering servo.

I am going to take it entirely apart for inspection/cleaning/repairing. Any areas I should pay special attention to?

I have a TQi TSM RX/TX with the module to put in it. I do not have anything to power it. I don't want to spend a ton. I have read about the Max5 and Max6 combos. How much of a difference would I see between the two? What other options are there?

TIA

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by funmoneypit View Post
    Hi all. Just bought an 8s roller. $162 shipped off fleabay. Pretty stoked as I have never ran one. Had a Snap-on box truck but never ran it. It looks in decent shape. Has the original body in good condition plus another almost new body. No electronics except the steering servo.

I am going to take it entirely apart for inspection/cleaning/repairing. Any areas I should pay special attention to?

I have a TQi TSM RX/TX with the module to put in it. I do not have anything to power it. I don't want to spend a ton. I have read about the Max5 and Max6 combos. How much of a difference would I see between the two? What other options are there?

TIA
    40 amps. Or roughly 20% gain. Really itís dependent on your choice of motor

Somehow builds are never done....