Availability Options?

With the big day less than 40 days away, I'm left scratching my head over this one:

Red, Green, RNR and OrangeX are all currently out of stock on Traxxas. That is 90% of their selection choice! The Red one is the most recent one to go out of stock and the others have been out of stock for a week or more that I noticed.

Checked other sellers and their stock is very limited as well. It seems rather peculiar that with less than 40 days till the big day, that a lot of sellers are very low on choices for color selection of this vehicle; yet alone even have it in stock.

I want to support buying from the site directly, but this is what I run into more and more often on Traxxas; and this gets especially frustrating when the very site that promotes the specialty item is out of stock too.

Realistically, I'm starting to wonder why Traxxas would continue to sell the X-Maxx at the higher price than other sellers when the availability is usually better at other venues.

To date, I have bought all but one of my Traxxas vehicles from Traxxas directly and I was wondering how many of you have bought the X-Maxx directly from Traxxas with the availability status usually looking like my screenshot 70% of the time?
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 11-19-2019 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Picture
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

RC Enthusiast
    Go to your local hobby store. Give them the business and support they need. Plus they should have what you want at a better price, no waiting and they will be more willing to help you out if you have problems or questions....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Blowin View Post
    Go to your local hobby store. Give them the business and support they need. Plus they should have what you want at a better price, no waiting and they will be more willing to help you out if you have problems or questions....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    That is the problem. I consider local being something that is only ten miles away; however.......

I do believe in supporting the "Brick and Mortar" stores as well and they recently just shut down two of them that were in a fifty mile radius of me. The next available one is 74 miles out from me and if I were able to carry that thing on a moped it might just be worth it because if I factor in gas with the mileage on a four wheel vehicle now, it might actually be cheaper to get it online.

I get 70 miles to the gallon on the moped and 26 in my truck.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 11-19-2019 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Clarification.

Looks like things are ramping up!

The elves must have got to work because look at this:

Now that looks more like it!

There is one available in Black now.

Nice job Traxxas!

Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    That is the problem. I consider local being something that is only ten miles away; however.......

I do believe in supporting the "Brick and Mortar" stores as well and they recently just shut down two of them that were in a fifty mile radius of me. The next available one is 74 miles out from me and if I were able to carry that thing on a moped it might just be worth it because if I factor in gas with the mileage on a four wheel vehicle now, it might actually be cheaper to get it online.

I get 70 miles to the gallon on the moped and 26 in my truck.
    Not to mention what your time is worth.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    Everyone knows the green one is the fastest!
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours