Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    "What did I do with my X-Maxx today??"
    Well... put out the esc fire with 2 very large cups of water!! Now my 1 week old Xmaxx has a sunroof!!! Arrrrg!!! Very disappointed with Traxxas!

RC Enthusiast
    Put out the esc fire with a very large cup of water!!! Now my 1 week old xmaxx has a sunroof!

RC Enthusiast

oops!

sorry for the repeat! Guess it will be a Rustler only weekend.

RC Champion
    Use a thin 7mm open wrench if guys are replacing the Allen head screws with a hex head bolt for the leopard motor.
    Last edited by PATS4LIFE; 06-18-2016 at 01:34 PM.

RC Champion
    Just received my steel 53/46 pinion/spur gears from KD. Anyone running the same setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PATS4LIFE; 06-20-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    Just received my steel 53/46 pinion/spur gears from KD. Anyone running the same setup?

currently running 32 pinion 54 spur but after seeing your post I ordered bigger pinions! did not know KD went that big so had to get them on way to test out
    Fortenwinkler

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by classicchevy View Post
    currently running 32 pinion 54 spur but after seeing your post I ordered bigger pinions! did not know KD went that big so had to get them on way to test out
    how do u like 32/54 gearing?does it have good torque and top speed?currently I'm running 29/50 it's pretty fast already,but can't wait to try 53/46 with 8s.
    Last edited by PATS4LIFE; 06-20-2016 at 06:10 PM.

RC Racer
    how do u like 32/54 gearing?does it have good torque and top speed?
    So far I like it crazy torque but not yet satisfied with top end
    Fortenwinkler

RC Champion
    Well after 6s runs,went ahead and put 8s and here is the result one front wheel came flying off,now can't find the the wheel nut;(

"AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Champion
    Well this sucks walk all ice to find wheel nut but no luck,,back to stock ones:/

RC Champion
    All washed and cleaned

"AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Champion
    Got some stuff in the mail

"AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Competitor
    Put my truck all back together after being taken apart completely screw by screw, installed new bearings all around.

Was up guys finally got all fans installed 2-30x30mm muchmore racing and 2028 Castle creations

BASH HARD RIDE FAST BIG AIR

C.I. RC
    C.I. RC

RC Champion
    Morning with the XMAXX.
    Daily Coffee , Charge and thrash, a little AIR in the morning. = BIG SMILE
    Hours a Fun
    Happy Monster Truckin'
    fabricator

RC poster
    How do i post a video on here?? I jumped a street today just off a natural incline on a hill...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmaxxpro View Post
    How do i post a video on here?? I jumped a street today just off a natural incline on a hill...
    Download the app tapatalk that's what I use

RC Competitor
    Looked at it wondering when traxxas will send me a new tire that popped because of THEIR TECHNOLOGY. I was self righting then it ripped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmaxxpro View Post
    And yea tapatalk is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Just finished installing my new set of Mad Maxx wheel 1/5scale wheel adapter nuts,also installed my Gpm spur gear adapter..

RC Racer
    Was I right about that adapter?
    Open every day....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 2skills25 View Post
    Was I right about that adapter?
    What adapter?

RC Qualifier
    https://youtu.be/Gl_vCZK2UTw

Not sure if the link / URL worked, but some jumping which appeared on a UK RC Forum, X-Maxx section.

Al.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by atom3624 View Post
    https://youtu.be/Gl_vCZK2UTw

Not sure if the link / URL worked, but some jumping which appeared on a UK RC Forum, X-Maxx section.

Al.
    That's Harcore rite there!!!! Rip N Repair! Love it!!

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys update on my Xmaxx! Today I went through the whole drive line to clean, inspect and lube. I also refilled the diff's with 60k. I custom made my own nylon diff shims for the pinion. I couldn't find much of a way to shim anything other than pinion depth sadly. But the shims ended up being .02mm thick. I started out with a thicker piece and just sanded/dremmel untill I had the fitment I liked. Hoping this will work well. I did a couple finishing touches to my fishing line around my tires by adding a few drops of ca clue in a few spots just to help hold the double strands together.
    I installed the 2028 motor fan/shroud around the beastly 2028.
    I also did some weight measurements of the kershaw motor mount (95.16g) just because I felt like it and incase anyone else wanted to know now the info is there. I also weighed my pinion gears 53t (94.71g) 48t (78.78g) I'll post pics to go with all of this. I made a custom engine brace for under the end of the motor using an old broken rustler front bulk head I just dremmel till it would fit between motor and motor mount. Drilled 2 holes in the bulkhead where the rear screws come up through the mount and go into the bulk head to hold it in place. Nothing fancy but more of a function/saftey thing to help support that monster since the truck goes in the air from time to time haha.
    On another note I recieved my other pinion gear I ordered and two 3s battery's for my other vehicles from kershaw. Man these battery's are really nice! I'll test them out today. They have nice 10g wire for the battery instead of 12 like most battery's and rated at 40c! I will be getting the 2x 4s kershaw battery's pending how I like the performance of the 3s ones!
    Now for some pics!

Last edited by Maddogg951; 06-29-2016 at 03:58 PM.
    V1 BL5/2028, V2 max6/5882, Erevo, Summit, Rustler.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddogg951 View Post
    Hey guys update on my Xmaxx! Today I went through the whole drive line to clean, inspect and lube. I also refilled the diff's with 60k. I custom made my own nylon diff shims for the pinion. I couldn't find much of a way to shim anything other than pinion depth sadly. But the shims ended up being .02mm thick. I started out with a thicker piece and just sanded/dremmel untill I had the fitment I liked. Hoping this will work well. I did a couple finishing touches to my fishing line around my tires by adding a few drops of ca clue in a few spots just to help hold the double strands together.
    I installed the 2028 motor fan/shroud around the beastly 2028.
    I also did some weight measurements of the kershaw motor mount (95.16g) just because I felt like it and incase anyone else wanted to know now the info is there. I also weighed my pinion gears 53t (94.71g) 48t (78.78g) I'll post pics to go with all of this. I made a custom engine brace for under the end of the motor using an old broken rustler front bulk head I just dremmel till it would fit between motor and motor mount. Drilled 2 holes in the bulkhead where the rear screws come up through the mount and go into the bulk head to hold it in place. Nothing fancy but more of a function/saftey thing to help support that monster since the truck goes in the air from time to time haha.
    On another note I recieved my other pinion gear I ordered and two 3s battery's for my other vehicles from kershaw. Man these battery's are really nice! I'll test them out today. They have nice 10g wire for the battery instead of 12 like most battery's and rated at 40c! I will be getting the 2x 4s kershaw battery's pending how I like the performance of the 3s ones!
    Now for some pics!

be careful running the 53t pinion I tried it and fried my esc. just sayin
    Fortenwinkler

RC Qualifier
    What esc where you using and what spur gear?
    Last edited by Maddogg951; 06-29-2016 at 08:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    You can't run 53t pinion on a 54t spur there isn't enough room to fit that gear combo sir. Unless you have some crazy custom motor mount but I doubt it. This motor and esc will handle 53t pinion with my setup just fine. I'm not using a 54 spur. But I am using the biggest gears I can fit basicly haha no issues thus far!

RC Qualifier
    I was wondering how you guys were mounting those huge pinions - 1:1 ratio more or less.

I've fitted a 46t spur and have a 30-something fitting OK with the KD mount.
    I'm waiting on 'proper MT wheels' to complete my project, but will power through a CC XL2 ESC into an X524 Toro 910kV motor. Beast by name and nature!

Patience is running out!!
    Al.

RC Qualifier
    I modified my KD motor mount to have better fitment of my gearing selection. The mesh was a little tight with my gearing choice(could have left it alone) but I wanted a little more play in the mesh because there was none without modifying the mount slightly. 1:1 or .94:1 this thing is a rediclous monster. So much fun! Hard to keep on the ground at 50mph at 1/4 throttle but trigger control is your friend haha

RC Champion
    I modified my KD motor mount to have better fitment of my gearing selection. The mesh was a little tight with my gearing choice(could have left it alone) but I wanted a little more play in the mesh because there was none without modifying the mount slightly. 1:1 or .94:1 this thing is a rediclous monster. So much fun! Hard to keep on the ground at 50mph at 1/4 throttle but trigger control is your friend haha
    you can also change the adjustment screws from allen to just a regular hex bolt so u can use a small open wrench to make mesh adjustment a breeze instead of cutting a Allen wrench.

RC Qualifier
    Broke a shock shaft and a-arm. Fixed the shock and installed an RPM arm. Will replace the others as they break.

RC Qualifier
    Ordered a pair of just tires. Was shipped like this.

RC Qualifier
    What kind of tires?

RC Qualifier
    you can also change the adjustment screws from allen to just a regular hex bolt so u can use a small open wrench to make mesh adjustment a breeze instead of cutting a Allen wrench.
    My pinions have holes in them that my allens go right through no problem! I didn't need to cut any allens or use a wrench

RC Champion
    My pinions have holes in them that my allens go right through no problem! I didn't need to cut any allens or use a wrench
    Do u have the 53t pinion?if u do be careful u can fry your esc with it,I have one also but decided not to use it.

RC Qualifier
    What motors are you guys running to to use such high pinions?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    What motors are you guys running to to use such high pinions?
    Leoapard or castle motors

I have max5 esc with Leopard 1340kv motor and running 29/50 gearing I'm able to hit 50mph 1/4-1/2 throttle cuz past that I'll probably blow tires.im waiting on someone to come out with better tires

I can go up to 53/46 gearing it would get me to atleast 120mph
    Last edited by PATS4LIFE; 07-01-2016 at 02:46 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Are there any issues with the stock motor? I would like to try a Leopard 1340 mind

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpowell911 View Post
    Are there any issues with the stock motor? I would like to try a Leopard 1340 mind
    No issues with stock motor,I had Max5 with stock motor before leopard and truck is already a beast

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast