Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Still waiting for my Xmaxx...but today i receive some good lipo (50/100C 3S 5000mah) and castle fan!

-Blue X-maxx
    -E-Maxx 60.2mph
    -Spartan 48.2mph

RC Racer
    How is your castle fan I am thinking of ordering one of these as I will be running 8400 3S Lipos thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FatWheels View Post
    How is your castle fan I am thinking of ordering one of these as I will be running 8400 3S Lipos thanks
    Mine's been working great. Not only does it look factory when done right, it really helps col the motor down.

On that side note, we just got a massive box of X-Maxx parts from Traxxas in at my LHS today. We got just about every part, minus the entire shocks, and the pinion gears of course. However, we got a clear body for the X-Maxx in with my name on it. Literally. I've already pre paid for it. I can't wait to get it painted up!

On another side note lol, I fixed the Vanquish LED light bar. Yesterday the wires got ripped out of it, but I took it apart and re soldered them back on, so it's working great again.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 01-08-2016 at 01:12 PM.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    Thanks Wolfslash16 your input here is much appreciated. I have just ordered one which will arrive with the truck next week. What spares would you recommend to have on hand ?

RC Enthusiast
    I started to make some body savers on my lathe.

RC Enthusiast
    My smc 9000 3s packs arrived today too bad it's poring down rain. They look very nice.

RC Competitor
    Going to prep my beat up body for some truck bed liner....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Mine's been working great. Not only does it look factory when done right, it really helps col the motor down.

On that side note, we just got a massive box of X-Maxx parts from Traxxas in at my LHS today. We got just about every part, minus the entire shocks, and the pinion gears of course. However, we got a clear body for the X-Maxx in with my name on it. Literally. I've already pre paid for it. I can't wait to get it painted up!

On another side note lol, I fixed the Vanquish LED light bar. Yesterday the wires got ripped out of it, but I took it apart and re soldered them back on, so it's working great again.

Got my clear body on Tuesday.

Just can't decide on a color yet

Quote Originally Posted by FatWheels View Post
    Thanks Wolfslash16 your input here is much appreciated. I have just ordered one which will arrive with the truck next week. What spares would you recommend to have on hand ?
    From what I've experienced, shock shafts, front and rear bumper loop/mounts, and maybe shock caps.

RC Competitor
    Got my shock oil changed out to 50wt today and lubed everything up. We have been spoiled here in Utah for the past couple of winters with very little snow in the valley, but this year, the storms keep rolling in. I prefer bashing in warmer and dryer conditions, but it doesn't look like that will be the case for a while.

While the body is still in decent condition, I think I might try putting on a few coats of spray on clear plastidip on the outside of the body to help protect it. Not sure if it will do much, but might help prevent holes and tears
    XMAXX (Red), Tmaxx 2.5 (converting to electric)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by hazelmullins View Post
    While the body is still in decent condition, I think I might try putting on a few coats of spray on clear plastidip on the outside of the body to help protect it. Not sure if it will do much, but might help prevent holes and tears
    I'd recommend dipping the inside of the body with 3+ coats of black (or whatever color you want). I've done this on several shells (including the X-Maxx) and it makes a huge difference in durability.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Need|4|Pede View Post
    I'd recommend dipping the inside of the body with 3+ coats of black (or whatever color you want). I've done this on several shells (including the X-Maxx) and it makes a huge difference in durability.
    Thanks for the advice I have some black as well, so I might just do that.

Glad to know someone has been successful with that method

RC poster
    Thanks for the fan recommendation Wolfslash16!

RC Racer
    Pulled the electronics in preparation for my XLX/2028 combo.
    X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

RC Racer
    Ordered the KD slipper spring
    A.K.A MAXX05
    1 BL Revo,Erevo,Emaxx
    4 XMAXX

RC Qualifier
    Installed my castle 2028 fan today....very easy and kept motor cool

Quote Originally Posted by MikeZ4x4 View Post
    Thanks for the fan recommendation Wolfslash16!
    Sure thing! I'm glad I could help out!

Since my LHS's X-Maxx parts order came in today, I scored a fron bumper mount, all the body mount pieces, and a new rear bumper so I can fix those rear LED's.

RC Racer
    Come on Wolf, leave some things for your customers!
    XMaxx/EMaxx/ERevo/Summit/Slash 4x4/Revo 3.3/Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by Tphjill View Post
    Come on Wolf, leave some things for your customers!
    Ha ha ha don't worry, I ordered 2 of every single part on the X-Maxx. There's still plenty to go around...

RC Enthusiast
    Jamesnumber3 I would buy a set of those from you as soon as you have them made up. today I installed the DHAWK Racing tops and bottoms in my shocks and am very happy with the fit and finish also very nice quality parts. last Tuesday I bought the castle creations Xl-X esc and installed it . have to say that my top speed with stock gearing was up by 8 to 10 mph faster and the smooth feel and fully adjustability is so welcome on the truck that even at the cost it is worth it . sold my vxl 6s and used the money to purchase the xl x and didn't end up paying that much difference.

Well, I spent 5 hours taping my body off last night. Yes, I know you can use Liquid mask, but the tape gives cleaner lines. I"m going to do a three tone/two stage paint job on it using gunmetal, silver, and of course lime green. I'm really excited to share the finished truck with you guys; hopefully it will be done tonight.

RC Competitor
    I like those colors it should look awesome

RC Competitor
    Got the body all sprayed up with plastidip this weekend . Coated the inside with black and clear coated the outside with a gloss protection layer. Not sure if it will help a ton, but was a fun project anyways

Added riber tape to body. https://youtu.be/GcuqirXqwso

Still waiting to paint my X-Maxx body.

I've been busy with work parties and friends leaving to the military in the last few days, and I haven't gotten a even a hour to sit down and finish it. I'm working tomorrow, so maybe I'll get a chance tomorrow night. I have Tuesday off work, so I won't be much longer.

RC Enthusiast
    Went snow bashing.. This is what I found when I removed the body.. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by DVail View Post
    Went snow bashing.. This is what I found when I removed the body.. Lol

Wow. snow-MAXX haha

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Need|4|Pede View Post
    Would you recommend this over tape and shoe goo?

RC Competitor
    Just did a 30 min run trying out 20/50 gearing and 50wt shock oil. The run was mostly on pavement and some grass. Temp on motor topped out at 135F . Temp outside was 30F . This truck really is insane . Going about 2/3 speed, give it some throttle and that front end comes right off the ground. The 50wt oil helped a lot with the handling and the truck never felt unstable. I would still recommend the 30wt if you will be doing more offloading on rough terrain. But the 50wt seems perfect for grass and road.

Quote Originally Posted by hazelmullins View Post
    Just did a 30 min run trying out 20/50 gearing and 50wt shock oil. The run was mostly on pavement and some grass. Temp on motor topped out at 135F . Temp outside was 30F . This truck really is insane . Going about 2/3 speed, give it some throttle and that front end comes right off the ground. The 50wt oil helped a lot with the handling and the truck never felt unstable. I would still recommend the 30wt if you will be doing more offloading on rough terrain. But the 50wt seems perfect for grass and road.
    Hey looks like you got a good chance to test out that 50wt shock oil!

Good to know you can gear it up and still get wheelies, that's my biggest thing. I don't know why, but I love having it wheelie, it's just cool seeing something so large stand up like that.

RC Competitor
    Yeah, I was going to go home and check the diffs, but decided I would rather have fun running it instead I was pleasantly surprised with the wheelie ability with that gearing myself. Wasn't lacking power one bit

Got the Castle fans installed and now charging some batteries.

RC Competitor
    Put a 5v fan on the motor,I haven't had one heat issue at all, but I plan on gearing up to a 16 or maybe a 18 pinion,just want a tad bit more speed, yet still be able to bash hard. so I figured the fan couldn't hurt.

RC Competitor
    Finally got my new lower arm and had a great time running her hard in the snow today!

However, I have to send my Tx back to Traxxas because 2 different link modules won't connect and they want to check it out. Another 2+ weeks with no X-Maxx action

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bdougwrx View Post
    Finally got my new lower arm and had a great time running her hard in the snow today!

However, I have to send my Tx back to Traxxas because 2 different link modules won't connect and they want to check it out. Another 2+ weeks with no X-Maxx action
    I think you can another transmitter if you have another Traxxas

RC Competitor
    QUOTE=Maxxius;6154554]I think you can another transmitter if you have another Traxxas[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I don't have another Traxxas transmitter.

RC Competitor
    Got my shock covers put on.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Also checked the fluid in the front and rear diffs. They were by no means dry, but I would say they only had half of the fluid they should have, so I filled them up with some 60k fluid

RC Competitor
    Took mine to the park where there was an iced over sledding hill. Man that was fun! The hill was really slick , but it just flew right up it with no problem.

I balanced my tires today.

I finally got around to painting my X-Maxx body... It's not perfect, the cold weather really made it hard to paint it, and a few errors and spots can be seen as a result. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Sorry about the crappy photos, I had to use my old Iphone since I couldn't find my nice Cannon camera...

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast