Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k2ss View Post
    Wolfslash what brand oil did you use in the diffs
    I used Traxxas 100,000 diff oil. One bottle did both diffs.

https://vortexhobbies.com/traxxas-di...30-p-1665.html
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I used Traxxas 100,000 diff oil. One bottle did both diffs.

https://vortexhobbies.com/traxxas-di...30-p-1665.html
    I'm also running 100,000 diff oil in front and rear. There was not even half full stock.... I just topped off with the 100k and the diffs felt much stiffer. I did not have enuf to empty them and refill with all 100k. Next time I have it apart I will empty them and refill with 100k maybe 150k rear and 100k front. I also run 100k in my stampede from and rear.

RC Competitor
    Thanks wolfslash16

RC Enthusiast
    If I was to refill both with 100k would 2 bottles be enough?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by stang9779 View Post
    1 is more Then enough to top off the diffs, if thats what your asking

RC Enthusiast
    I'm new to the hobby and have a few questions about diff oil. What's the advantages to thicker diff oil?

RC Racer
    Wolff said one bottle did both, I only had about half a bottle left over from stampede... make sure you loctite the diffcup screws mine came loose and we're wobbly causing some premature grooves to wear into them... all fixed now melted a spur gear today after lock nut came loose and backed off... oops. Now that is loctited and double nutted. New spur tomorrow... xo-1 has same spur gear when I called LHS they had no "xmaxx" spur gears when I asked about xo-1 the guy got an attitude and came back on the phone was like if it's a bla bla bla then we have one... wait so you just looked at xmaxx part # and xo-1 part # and don't remember if they the same... wow... yes I will be there in am for it thanks... it's to bad I don't work there I seem to know more about the maxx than anyone who works there... was telling them about the erevo pushrods working for shock shafts beacuse they had none when I was there and they looked at me like I was high. it's working it's sitting right there in front of you... been like that since day after I bought it there... I love this thing I beat the snot out of it and it takes it like a champ.

I'm new to the hobby and have a few questions about diff oil. What's the advantages to thicker diff oil?
    Thicker diff oil makes it harder for it to one wheel peel so to speak. I think some also call this diffing out... like when you turn and the outside wheel lifts off ground and spins faster than the wheel on the inside with traction is spinning... Thicker diff oil helps prevent this distributes traction more evenly... helps keep truck planted on the ground so to speak. Hope this helped I'm sure someone else can explain it better.

Last edited by Double G; 02-04-2016 at 08:56 AM. Reason: merge

Quote Originally Posted by Drty42 View Post
    Thicker diff oil makes it harder for it to one wheel peel so to speak. I think some also call this diffing out... like when you turn and the outside wheel lifts off ground and spins faster than the wheel on the inside with traction is spinning... Thicker diff oil helps prevent this distributes traction more evenly... helps keep truck planted on the ground so to speak. Hope this helped I'm sure someone else can explain it better.
    this is a good explanation. i do want to add that as you increase the wt of diff oil you will decrease steering since it will be harder for the wheels to travel at different speeds.

RC Racer
    Skid plate made from some copper I had laying around... 17/50 gearing today one fan on motor temp was 129 after about 3/4 run of 500 maw 3s packs way down from yesterday also about 20 degrees cooler outside today.

RC Competitor
    I installed the MM2 and 50/20 gearing in to my xmaxx. It will pull the tires up pretty easy now. Its a completely different truck with the mm2. I am running the stock motor.

RC Racer

backflip

Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Today I uploaded a few photos of my Spartans and put both up for safe - will be difficult, but attempting to part with them both to make room for when the X-MAXX gets in.
    Sold both Spartans, made space for X-MAXX.

Also X-MAXX Parts arrived. Got to assembled complete diffs. I'll rebuild them with different oil a h them avail to just SWOP out with stock to experiment.

Just installed Traxxas 18/50 gearing, a new front bumper loop mount, and a new shock cap. I'm going to run it here shortly and let you guys what I think of the 18/50 gearing, should be interesting.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Drty42 View Post
    I'm also running 100,000 diff oil in front and rear. There was not even half full stock.... I just topped off with the 100k and the diffs felt much stiffer. I did not have enuf to empty them and refill with all 100k. Next time I have it apart I will empty them and refill with 100k maybe 150k rear and 100k front. I also run 100k in my stampede from and rear.
    Om the manual it says that it should be filled half up. Do you fill them completely?

RC poster
    Some great ideas here. I think definitely the fans idea here. Otherwise, I've just unpacked mine and taken it for a spin.

Running two 5000mah/3s batteries. Any idea what the fans will consume?

Quote Originally Posted by minim View Post
    Om the manual it says that it should be filled half up. Do you fill them completely?
    I personally fill them 95% full, I figure any extra will just seep or leak out until it's at the level it wants to be. That and it's way stiffer and dialed in feeling IMO.

RC Competitor
    Ordered a BL5 and program box from Kershaw. Gonna run it with the stock motor for awhile.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
    Some great ideas here. I think definitely the fans idea here. Otherwise, I've just unpacked mine and taken it for a spin.

Running two 5000mah/3s batteries. Any idea what the fans will consume?
    Not enuf to say so, I run 2 castle fans plug straight into reciver box with you splitter... there is no need to go overboard with fans unless your running some crazy gearing...

RC Racer
    Plasti dipped my Kershaw mount and planning on installing in the morning. Gotta prep the XLX and take her on her maiden voyage. Will be 6s until my two 4s batts arrive from SMC in time for the weekend.
    X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

RC Competitor
    Random vacation day today, home by myself, and a lot of gifts to myself arrived. Had fun tinkering with the truck.

Finished my PlastiDip project on the Rims. Turned out okay, but definitely nothing to brag about. Overspray caused bubbles, and I needed to use a razor blade to cut back at the excessive pealing while I took off the paper tap

Installed 2 Yeah Racing Tornado High Speed Cooling Fans (30x30x10) on both sides of the ESC. They pack a lot of punch for such a small size

Hot Racing goodies. I didn't install the 54t Steel Center Diff Main Gear yet. And it is heavy. Anyone interested in the motor mount, keep in mind you will not see it when its installed. Other than top of each mount from birds eye view.

The HR front mount does NOT match the stock mount, as the extended tab is missing. See below.

RC Competitor
    Received my Traxxas Fusible Link today. Easy install, just make sure you push hard enough to get the terminal seated fully inside. You'll hear a click when it does.

Installed aluminum shock caps.

RC Racer
    Got my fuse link and my Bluetooth receiver installed and firmware updated. Gonna put 100k in the diffs tomorrow

RC Competitor
    Broke my first suspension component, right rear axle carrier. Did it on a multiple front flip into my fence lol. I love how easy the X is to work on, it's easier than working on my son's stampede! Took me 5 mins to fix the axle carrier.

Also did a first time onroad speed run. Stock gearing, motor, esc and 6s. Did 34.7mph on the gps. I'm satisfied!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Installed aluminum shock caps.
    You know the rules Jet! No pics or it didn't happen! lol
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier

Finally got my Kershaw/HobbyWing stuff installed, now I'm excited to see how high I can get it to fly now that it's twice as fast!!

RC Qualifier
    Super clean install

Quote Originally Posted by bigtim1985 View Post
    Super clean install
    I agree, it looks close to what factory would do.

RC Competitor
    I want to see video of that in action. Super excellent install!

RC Enthusiast
    +1 for videos

RC Qualifier
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GASqK0O97Fw

Snow bash with the new super rooster setup lol slipper immediately started slipping as soon as it got wet, you can hear the chatter

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshgixxer View Post

Finally got my Kershaw/HobbyWing stuff installed, now I'm excited to see how high I can get it to fly now that it's twice as fast!!

Looks great! What exactly did you use?

RC Qualifier
    It's leopard BL5 or also known As HobbyWing Max5 esc and a leopard 1340kv motor

RC Competitor
    What gearing is that? Looks fast on your videos is it still possible to crawl?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by minim View Post
    What gearing is that? Looks fast on your videos is it still possible to crawl?
    29/50 seems to drive slow just fine, I don't know how fast it would be in dry grass, but it does seem fast on thick heavy wet snow!
    Last edited by yoshgixxer; 02-09-2016 at 03:17 PM.

RC Racer
    Let there be light!

Last edited by B1gDawg; 02-09-2016 at 04:22 PM.
    X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

Shhhhweet! Stance like no other just looks Boss!
    XMAXX EREVO SAVAGE Digging Ditches

RC Competitor
    It's leopard BL5 or also known As HobbyWing Max5 esc and a leopard 1340kv motor
    How do you like the BL5? I just ordered one from Kershaw.

RC Racer

I dig the aluminum mount

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bdougwrx View Post
    How do you like the BL5? I just ordered one from Kershaw.
    So far so good, took it out for the ultimate water test, swamped the truck In the river, got it caked in mud and snow, then hosed it off when I got home, so far so good. It also puts out some serious power, trucks unbelievably fast even with the punch control turned all the way to soft. So far I like it Way better then the old XLX it replaced

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast