Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by B1gDawg View Post
    Let there be light!

I like it, who makes it or what did you use?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshgixxer View Post
    So far so good, took it out for the ultimate water test, swamped the truck In the river, got it caked in mud and snow, then hosed it off when I got home, so far so good. It also puts out some serious power, trucks unbelievably fast even with the punch control turned all the way to soft. So far I like it Way better then the old XLX it replaced
    Cool, thanks.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshgixxer View Post
    I like it, who makes it or what did you use?
    This is the one I used. I have a few more pix of my installation on here somewhere. It's a little pricey but he took a best offer of $40 and I had some ebay bucks too use which made it a $15 purchase for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111847642435
    Last edited by B1gDawg; 02-09-2016 at 08:32 PM.
    X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

RC Competitor
    What did I do with my xmaxx today?... i reserved it lol. It was the last one available at my lhs. Already have a bunch of upgrades in my eBay cart, getting ready to order.

RC Enthusiast
    New body!!

RC Qualifier
    Nice. Simple and clean!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks. That's exactly what I was going for. If I do another anytime soon, I'll probably get the stock themed body and paint it synergy green for the stripes..

RC Competitor
    I'll be needing a body soon, wanted to wait for the prographix to be available. But I'm digging the simple clean look!

Quote Originally Posted by DVail View Post
    Thanks. That's exactly what I was going for. If I do another anytime soon, I'll probably get the stock themed body and paint it synergy green for the stripes..
    You had my attention at synergy green...

I tried the 18/50 gearing today, and wow. It should have come geared this way from the factory. It's way better all the way around IMO.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer

What did you do with your X-Maxx today?

Got my diffs cutover to 100k and they were bone dry. I couldn't find any evidence of oil inside the diff. The ring gear was extremely coated in grease however.

RC Competitor
    How do I post a pic from my phone?

RC Qualifier
    Download tapatalk app. Makes it super easy.

Actual finally got mine!

Going though pre-run checklist now, checking over the truck setup. This thing is BIGGER than I thought!! Haha.

RC Competitor
    got mine yesterday

RC Enthusiast
    Got mine today! Love it so far.
    Xmaxx1- mine
    Xmaxx2- daughters

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    You had my attention at synergy green...

I tried the 18/50 gearing today, and wow. It should have come geared this way from the factory. It's way better all the way around IMO.
    What about temps? How about acceleration?

Quote Originally Posted by setxws6 View Post
    What about temps? How about acceleration?
    I haven't gotten true readings with a temp gun yet, but so far from what I can tell neither the ESC or motor got any hotter than they did with the stock gearing. The acceleration believe it or not is better than stock, which honestly makes to sense to me but regardless it feels faster on the bottom end, along with the top speed too.

RC Racer
    From the mailman...Today was a good day. Final touches this weekend. Finally gonna learn to solder.

Run it up, had my first full pack though it on 4s!!! Still can't get over the SIZE of this thing! Enjoying so far and I don't mind that it doesn't do Mach 5 speeds haha.

Ordered a set of led bar lights, but will be a couple weeks to get them in.

RC Racer
    Finally completed and took it on its maiden voyage...WOW!!!!!
    This setup on 8s is beastly and I really couldnt get it wide open. Ill post a short video later but I definitely need a wide open space to run it. One thing I see already is that the shocks in stock form are way to soft. I guess everyone is running 50k in the shocks. Will be doing that soon. Otherwise, Im pretty pleased and will probably never change the motor/ESC as I cant imagine having more. This truck will have to catch up to its power as the aftermarket catches up.

https://youtu.be/LCaxsX7OVAE

RC Enthusiast
    Did my first run on 6s 8200mah with stock setup. Man does this thing have power. Mashed it from half throttle to full throttle really fast and the truck flipped on its top.

Later this week I will be getting my bluetooth module for controller and 100k diff fluid.

RC Competitor
    Mine maiden voyage was yesterday, bone stock except 50k in the diffs. Runs great and like to wheelie. Was running on 6s 5000mah 25c. Got a castle xl2 on the way and some 3s 5000mah 50c packs.

RC Enthusiast
    For you guys running 100k in diff. how is steering?

RC Enthusiast
    Steering is great. 100k really improved the truck in my opinion.

RC poster
    I set out to see if I really needed my castle motor fans... I ran the truck through two packs, ~ 50 degree ambient, and hit 194 degree motor temp.

Took the Dremel to the shroud and put it in:

Removed the sides of the shroud, and used zip ties to keep the fans in place.
    Last edited by peartjar; 02-27-2016 at 10:01 PM.

RC Racer
    Changed shock oil to 45w front, 55w rear. It's what I had laying around.

Drove another two full packs through mine yesterday, nothing broke, love it.

RC Qualifier
    Wolfslash, was your last run with 18/50 gearing,and are you using steel spur gear or plastic traxxas spur.

RC Competitor
    Not today but what I've done so far
    -installed 60mm fan above heatsink
    -re-siliconed receiver box entry
    -zip-tied heat sink to motor
    -installed 18T pinion
    -changed diff fluid out to 100k

did some major bashing at a local soccer field yesterday. The dugouts are about 5ft tall with a ramped overhang. Behind them the ground is raised to level with the back of the dugout. With about 20ft of space behind them I was able to get some good speed and make some 20-30ft jumps at a height of 6-8ft. I did it over and over and the truck just took it! With the 18T this thing flies. Next upgrades are new bearings all around, reinforced body, and lights.

Quote Originally Posted by steveomaxx517 View Post
    Wolfslash, was your last run with 18/50 gearing,and are you using steel spur gear or plastic traxxas spur.
    Yes, that run was using 18/50 gearing, using traxxas pinion and spur gears. I don't run metal spur gears in any of my trucks, and I never plan to. The metal on metal is really loud, and the spur is a designed in weak link should something go wrong. Plastic ones are cheaper too. In the 5 years I've been in the hobby, I've only ever stripped one spur gear, and that was on my summit after a rock got stuck in it. Plastic is my choice.

RC Competitor

I BROKE her today

Today I learned how to maneuver my truck mid air to keep her on her feet. In the process, I broke the front left Shock Shaft, right rear Driveshaft, and a body screw ripped through in the back of the truck body. All in less than 10 minutes of time. I'm geared at 18/54 currently. New housing development near my home has left me with a plethora of hills to jump in undeveloped lots.

RC Qualifier
    The Monster is awake. Today installed 18/50 - WOW! Also two 30mm fans and CC Blower!

Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC poster
    Hey There buddy,

How do you programme the set button for the self rightening?
    I have a sanwa M12 and I'm installing my RX461 Telemetry receiver tonight.

Actually you inspired me to swap out the radio system for a new one I had sitting around.

[/QUOTE]

RC Enthusiast
    I removed the motor heat sensor for better contact between motor and heatsink. Added lots of silver paste between. The temp sensor i stuck to the bottom om the the motor instead.
    I then installed 2 x 30mm wild turbo fans on the standard esc. One on top and one on the left side. Also mounted the castle 2028 dual fan.

I replaced the diff oils with 30 front and 50 back, but soon going back til standard as the turning radius is too lage now for my liking. The diff oils where dirty from the break in, so i recommend replacing it after 10 charges from new.

Grease in the gearing also wants replacement after breaking in.

Also went to 600 cps on the shocks, where as 30 is standard. Not too happy about that either as i do not jump it very high anyway (still learning the technique of keeping it level in the air), and i obviously lost traction as the shocks got too slow on the rebound..

Then I went Bashing in mud!!!! The usual cleaning with gentle use of water :-). Blew it dry with the compressor and oiled it all up with WD :-)

Happy days :-)

/Anders/
    Last edited by HooliXDenmark; 03-04-2016 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HooliXDenmark View Post
    I replaced the diff oils with 30 front and 50 back, but soon going back til standard as the turning radius is too lage now for my liking. The diff oils where dirty from the break in, so i recommend replacing it after 10 charges from new.
    I don't get how people say it affects the turning radius honestly. I have 100K in my front and rear diff on my X-Maxx and I didn't notice any real difference. The only way I can even notice anything changed steering wise is trying to turn it at maybe 0.5 MPH? But honestly I didn't even notice anything on mine.

That being said, I'm still running it and loving it!

RC Competitor
    I think im goin to give the 100k a try based off your experience. I tried 60/40 already and didnt notice a difference.

RC Enthusiast
    got some new wheels for my truck. cracked one last sunday. hehe
    just need to get the old tire off now. :P

RC Enthusiast
    I don't get how people say it affects the turning radius honestly. I have 100K in my front and rear diff on my X-Maxx and I didn't notice any real difference. The only way I can even notice anything changed steering wise is trying to turn it at maybe 0.5 MPH? But honestly I didn't even notice anything on mine.

I think the surface makes the difference. On tarmark you migt not notice, but when i ran loose gravel it was obvious.

RC Racer

Have you ever raced? I'm talking about club racing, not drag racing. Diff oil absolutely affects how a kit turns among many other things. Thicker oil kills cornering/turning speeds.

Have you ever raced? I'm talking about club racing, not drag racing. Diff oil absolutely affects how a kit turns among many other things. Thicker oil kills cornering/turning speeds.
    I think the surface makes the difference. On tarmark you migt not notice, but when i ran loose gravel it was obvious.
    Yes, I race all the time, Drag racing yes, circuit racing, if it's racing I've done it, or I do it. Yes, I know how diff oil affects turning and such, I'm not new to this hobby don't worry.

I run on pavement, bark chips, tons of grass, dirt, etc. I don't notice any real difference between in turning stock and 100k diff oil. This truck just weighs enough with enough tire grip it don't plow in the corners.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast