Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    Horses for courses. Fact is that is changes turning. You might not notice smaller changes but try turning a car/kit with an all locked diff �� I would think that the amount of filling makes a huge difference too. So one could fill only 50 pct with a 100 oil and effectively it would act as being filled with a thinner oil.

RC Competitor

Wink

Broke the truck for the first time, Broke rear shock shaft and A Arm. Was doing some backflips of a chainlink fence.
    hopfully my lhs will have parts in stock. want to get it up and running as soon as possible and do it again . this truck is a lot of fun.
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._160938086.jpg
    Last edited by Mark H; 03-06-2016 at 05:18 PM.

RC Competitor
    Today while running I took a spur gear and put it into shavings. The motor isnt loose but the spur gear took it. Not sure how but oh well. I am finding a good amount of flex in the plastic motor mount.

RC Racer
    I signed up for a new account here and ordered my first Traxxas (X-Maxx) through a local retailer.

We still have about 4 feet of snow on the ground here. I think my first mod will go towards waterproofing.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DVail View Post
    New body!!

I love it!
    Did you [prep?] and paint the original or did you order a new clear plastic cab?

RC Enthusiast
    I ordered my Dusty Motors shroud :-)

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by magnosis View Post
    I love it!
    Did you [prep?] and paint the original or did you order a new clear plastic cab?
    New clear body.

RC Qualifier
    I'm getting ready to tape my tires. Some took almost 1 hour of boiling on each side for the X-Maxx.

RC Competitor
    Fixed my broken A arm and busted shock. LHS had the parts in stock. I broke one shock, but bought 2 new ones, so I have one for a spare, filled the rears up with 35 weight instead of the stock 30w., and I'm really impressed how easy the truck is to work on, I have owned it since December and never really had to wrench on it until today. Digging the way the screws hold the a arm pins in and shocks pins, super easy. Can't wait to get out and bash the heck of it again.

RC Racer
    Waiting on my wheel adapters to arrive Thursday.
    Thanks Yosh!!

In the mean time, Ill be taping and balancing these.
    This setup shouldd bring a whole new personality to the handling under 8s.. Cant wait!

X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

RC Enthusiast
    Went from 18/54 to 18/50. Wow!!!! Big differnece, and i like this better. More controllable, just afraid it will blow tires?
    To counteract the stressfull gearing i replaced the internal esc fan with on from wilt turbo. It moves a lot more air!

/anders/ :-)

RC Enthusiast
    Wild Turbo fans in place :-)

RC poster
    [QUOTE=Mark H;6187702]Broke the truck for the first time, Broke rear shock shaft and A Arm. Was doing some backflips of a chainlink fence.
    hopfully my lhs will have parts in stock. want to get it up and running as soon as possible and do it again . this truck is a lot of fun.

So i broke my front right A Arm, and i noticed that the plastics aren't strong enough for the size and speed of the truck.
    I picked up my New Stock of all around common breaking parts since RPM doesn't make parts for the truck as yet.
    I boiled them in water at 380 Fahrenheit for 2min,(please note 428 is melting point)and ran it under cold water immediately after to give the polymers & nylon better strength.been bashing it like crazy.No ISSUES.I advise most of the guys to try it out.

RC Enthusiast
    I have made a Swivel mount for my Gopro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfTaLvhKgg8

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by damSP View Post
    I have made a Swivel mount for my Gopro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfTaLvhKgg8
    Nice :-). Can u please show us more of the wheelie wheel on the back ? Look interesting.

RC Competitor
    [QUOTE=rline;6189697]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    Broke the truck for the first time, Broke rear shock shaft and A Arm. Was doing some backflips of a chainlink fence.

So i broke my front right A Arm, and i noticed that the plastics aren't strong enough for the size and speed of the truck.
    I picked up my New Stock of all around common breaking parts since RPM doesn't make parts for the truck as yet.
    I boiled them in water at 380 Fahrenheit for 2min,(please note 428 is melting point)and ran it under cold water immediately after to give the polymers & nylon better strength.been bashing it like crazy.No ISSUES.I advise most of the guys to try it out.
    curious how you got the boiling water to go above 212?

RC poster
    Busy week installing FPV gear into the Maxx and then fitting the Dustymotors cover.

Mounted camera into the front bumper.

Video TX and step-down reg stacked ontop of each other and mounted on the front, behind the telemetry expander.

Dustymotor cover installed. I melted a small hole with a soldering iron to let the antenna through.

RC Enthusiast
    Took my X Maxx to the skate park today. It's first real outing. Quickly learned how to control the car mid air to stop it smashing to the ground in a heap. Got some 10 feet air jumps with perfect landing. Oh my god. The car is built like a tank. I love it. Convinced my neighbour to get one too. Roll on the summer.

RC Competitor
    I broke my first part, rear lower a-arm. Guess I need more speed so I'm ordering a 50t spur to go along with my 18t

RC Competitor
    I totaled it into a playscape

RC Racer
    Couple months ago I ordered and stock piled all the common parts that break on the X Maxx. Since then I've had about 15 fun bashing sessions without breaking a thing. Finally this past Sunday I was out at our local riding area doing some hill climbing and broke a shock shaft. It was so nice to go back home to the man cave and have the replacement parts on hand!

RC Racer
    Switched the hex nuts just because I think they look cooler..

X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

RC Qualifier
    My nephew and I beat the snout out of it.this truck.this truck is tough hit a tree and nothing broke

RC Qualifier
    Putting in 18/54 on steel spur and changing my hex nuts too....

Caution, this message contains words.

RC Qualifier
    Got my motor/ESC installed.

RC Qualifier
    Installed a 70mm fan over the Leopard 1340 motor. Used plastic spacers for clearance.

RC Competitor
    Quick question,

When placing the Castle 2028 Twin Fan on the heatsink of the motor, is it best to set it up to push air out of the heatsink or air towards the inside of the heatsink?

Please let me know as I'm getting ready to install.

Thanks

RC Racer
    Pushing air into the heatsink is much more effective. Some people, including myself, have noticed as much as 50 degrees F reduction of temps. Also, the heatsink doesn't make complete contact with the motor, so I removed the silicon sleeve that protects the temp sensor wires to allow the heatsink to fit without gaps and added thermal paste to the inside of the heatsink. Certainly good-to-go temp-wise now!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunior View Post
    is it best to set it up to push air out of the heatsink or air towards the inside of the heatsink?
    The best config for air cooling is always to push AND pull using two fans. Think of it as a car radiator. There's a fan behind that pulls and in front, the air is naturally pushed as your care moves forward (acting as a push fan). Pushing or pulling only wouldn't be as efficient.

Next best is to push cool air towards the heat sink. When pulling, chances are your fan will pull some ambiant air instead of hot hair (least resistance path always wins) and some of the hot air will get "stuck" in a vortex between the heat sync fins.

This is especially true in this specific installation where the heat sink is round and there is much gap between the fan and heat sink fins. Pulling would get a mix of hot and ambiant hair (not ideal), whereas pushing will push 100% ambiant air from above, through the fan and down across the entire surface whatever its shape.

There is some exceptions and gotchas to this but they are not significant for this type of application.

RC Champion
    Well just finished running the Xmaxx after installing cc fans and 18/50 gears,,I am very please with this setup..weird though cuz I had more run time than with the stock gears..with 5000mah 3sx2,also hook up the gps and got top speed at 42.5mph this is on pavement..

RC poster
    Enjoying mine totally stock, really greased the differentials with some real grease is about all I've done. This thing is great to exercise your dog!

RC Champion
    Well did another run today on grass mostly full throttle but lvd kick in and I notice one of my tires came unglued but atleast it didn't blow,,I wanna know what u guys are using for flying tires???

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Enjoying mine totally stock, really greased the differentials with some real grease is about all I've done. This thing is great to exercise your dog!
    So good that my 3yo treated the XMaxx as a dog! He was afraid at first but after 15 minutes he was petting it and gave it a hug @_@ I was crying! lol kids are so random sometimes.

RC Qualifier
    Just ordered hot racing hex wheel lock comes with new wheel hex's and wheel nuts

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    Well did another run today on grass mostly full throttle but lvd kick in and I notice one of my tires came unglued but atleast it didn't blow,,I wanna know what u guys are using for flying tires???
    I meant what u guys using gluing tires??

What did you do with your X-Maxx today?

Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    I meant what u guys using gluing tires??
    Any CA type glue should work
    Too much power is just enough

RC Enthusiast
    Installed my Fullforce RC rear carriers.

RC Enthusiast
    Towed my neighbours 8 yr old boy around in his go cart. It was a blast
    https://youtu.be/zbi-vZl-2Zo

RC Champion
    Well I'm getting Xmaxx ready to take part for differential inspection,shocks..etc so it will be ready for next weekend.

RC Champion
    These things are selling awful fast. Maybe too big for some?
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast