Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 320 of 1619
  1. #281
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    266
    Won't sell mine

  2. #282
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Broke a rear pinion and ring gear

  3. #283
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On this side of Eternity, which means Texas for now
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlevek13b View Post
    Today while running I took a spur gear and put it into shavings. The motor isnt loose but the spur gear took it. Not sure how but oh well. I am finding a good amount of flex in the plastic motor mount.
    The only time I've seen a spur gear get chewed up was after installing the motor mount pins incorrectly. It moved the motor ever so slightly, but it was just enough to chew the spur. I make sure the pins and mounts are lined up correctly, and haven't had any issues since. Lesson learned.

  4. #284
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Just finish switching out pinion gear from 18/50 to 23/50 I hope I put the adjustment pins in correct slot..but mesh seems to be fine.now just need to go to LHS and get me front stock ring&pinion diff gear,while I'm waiting for my complete front/rear spiral cut diff ring/pinion gears

  5. #285
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    Just finish switching out pinion gear from 18/50 to 23/50 I hope I put the adjustment pins in correct slot..but mesh seems to be fine.now just need to go to LHS and get me front stock ring&pinion diff gear,while I'm waiting for my complete front/rear spiral cut diff ring/pinion gears
    Not on stock ESC & Motor uh?

    When I switched my pinion (from 15 to 18) I didn't align it properly, the tightening nut wasn't sitting against the flat side of the motor shaft and it spun out within 5-10 minutes of driving. Luckily there was no collateral damage, I put it back in place, tighten to the point of almost bending the hex key giving it a reasonable amount of canadian-french swear words (it really helps to let out a "Tabarnak" or two, let it know you mean business) and tcha-chaaaa back on track.

  6. #286
    RC Champion Redsawacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    2,704
    I took the wheels and body off it and set in up on my work bench. I am pretending to be working on it but there isn't anything wrong with it so...

    I have more fun working on RC cars than I do driving them, I think! I need a new hobby! LOL!
    "RED"

  7. #287
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by magnosis View Post
    Not on stock ESC & Motor uh?

    When I switched my pinion (from 15 to 18) I didn't align it properly, the tightening nut wasn't sitting against the flat side of the motor shaft and it spun out within 5-10 minutes of driving. Luckily there was no collateral damage, I put it back in place, tighten to the point of almost bending the hex key giving it a reasonable amount of canadian-french swear words (it really helps to let out a "Tabarnak" or two, let it know you mean business) and tcha-chaaaa back on track.
    Yes it's on stock system,but I double check everything the set screw is on right on flat of motor shaft and checked the mesh and no binding but I guess I'll find out when I put everything back but for now gonna head to LHS for diff gears

  8. #288
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    266
    I ordered d-hawk blue preload collars

  9. #289
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    3,013
    Made up my mind that i'm going with the Max6 ESC very soon to replace the stock ESC. I'm tired of the ESC going into thermal protection after only 7-10 minutes of running 18/54.
    We are all one race. The human race.

  10. #290
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Just got out of my LHS to buy me some ring/pinion,aluminum plate for my max5 esc mount and some 4ft 10gauge wires

    Also if anyone who wants to buy Xmaxx but can't find one anywhere,,Visalia Hobbies have 7 Xmaxx in stock as of right now..
    Last edited by PATS4LIFE; 03-30-2016 at 01:49 PM.

  11. #291
    RC Qualifier gunbar223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    321
    Just left my LHS and they have two in stock. Question to myself is should I put one on lay a way?

  12. #292
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbar223 View Post
    Just left my LHS and they have two in stock. Question to myself is should I put one on lay a way?
    If they have layaway plans yes got for it cuz they go fast,you might regret it.

  13. #293
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    I just finish soldering max5 wires on trx connectors then later make the mount for it,then assemble back f/r differentials..

  14. #294
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Just tried running 23/50 gearing after less than 10min truck would not move when I hit the throttle I can hear it rev but won't move I suspect a strip spur gear,,hopefully that's only it,so back maintenance table.

  15. #295
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Wolfslash16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Riverton Utah
    Posts
    5,642
    Proof cops can be cool. Yesterday one of my regular customers at my LHS is a police officer, and we used his radar to clock my X-Maxx's top speed with 18/50 on 6s. We clocked it at 43, not bad.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

  16. #296
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    183
    I had a first run on 3S this weekend, drove it to a nearby soccer field.
    Holy mother of trucks this is fast! I'm going to need some practice especially with keeping it straight when jumping.

    I also took my XMaxx for a swim in a deep ditch with 6-7 inches of running, freezing water. It was badly stuck against a bed of soft sand, I had to pull it out myself but then it just wanted to keep going lol.

    So much fun! I wish the controller was better. I don't like the trigger action much. The first 30% pulling on the trigger does nothing then it just goes from 0 to insane, I'm having a hard time getting it to start slow. It's easier to slow it down and maintain a slower speed once it's moving, it's the launch that's very tricky for me. I'll try the 70/30 mode next weekend but then, reverse it going to be twice as difficult. Bah. Just another excuse to practice more

  17. #297
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    I just look at it when I woke up,and thought I might wanna sell it

  18. #298
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    183
    Oh no Pat why? Not saying it's bad decision, you know what's best, but I'm curious.

    After a few runs at home, on what I thought was a big property for around here (1/3 acre) I realized this toy is too big & fast for my yard. Luckily there's a soccer field & rec parc nearby but once it gets warm, they won't let me wreck their perfect soccer field grass. So I spent 2000$ on a toy and now I need to spend another 200,000$ on a property lol.

  19. #299
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by magnosis View Post
    Oh no Pat why? Not saying it's bad decision, you know what's best, but I'm curious.

    After a few runs at home, on what I thought was a big property for around here (1/3 acre) I realized this toy is too big & fast for my yard. Luckily there's a soccer field & rec parc nearby but once it gets warm, they won't let me wreck their perfect soccer field grass. So I spent 2000$ on a toy and now I need to spend another 200,000$ on a property lol.
    I was thinking of going full 1/5 scale gas powered,I miss long run times and obnoxious noise

  20. #300
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    I was thinking of going full 1/5 scale gas powered,I miss long run times and obnoxious noise
    But anyways I haven't really made final decision yet since I haven't even installed my max5esc yet

  21. #301
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Took truck for speed testing(gps) 23/50 gearing hit 48mph from 42.5mph(18/50)BUT!!!!!spur gear melted and pinion won't stay put on the shaft keeps getting loose;(

  22. #302
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    Took truck for speed testing(gps) 23/50 gearing hit 48mph from 42.5mph(18/50)BUT!!!!!spur gear melted and pinion won't stay put on the shaft keeps getting loose;(
    Don't wanna be Captain Obvious but did you check the pinion screw was aligned against the flat part of the shaft? I didn't pay attention when I replaced my pinion (18T) and had this problem.

  23. #303
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    582
    Or did you use Loctite and let it dry overnight? Besides that even if the pinion was loose it shouldn't melt the spur. It still sounds like the spur is coming loose after time and heating up. You can try the Kershaw heave duty slipper spring. IDK I have the 8S setup and still haven't melted a spur yet with the stock nut.

  24. #304
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by magnosis View Post
    Don't wanna be Captain Obvious but did you check the pinion screw was aligned against the flat part of the shaft? I didn't pay attention when I replaced my pinion (18T) and had this problem.
    Yes I did tighten the pinion screw right on the flat part of shaft I even double check it,but I think my mesh was a bit tight,

  25. #305
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    582
    What pin letter are you using? I don't see one for 23/50.

  26. #306
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkdrgn808 View Post
    What pin letter are you using? I don't see one for 23/50.
    I use C & I but it was a bit tight I guess that's the cause of spur melting,I should've just removed the pins completely..

  27. #307
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    582
    That's probably the cause. Why don't you try 23/46 or 22/50? Then you only need to change one gear.

  28. #308
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    [QUOTE=Blkdrgn808;6202386]That's probably the cause. Why don't you try 23/46 or 22/50? Then you only need to change one gear.[/QUOTE

    I will try 23/46 if I can find 46t spur at any of my LHS..

  29. #309
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkdrgn808 View Post
    That's probably the cause. Why don't you try 23/46 or 22/50? Then you only need to change one gear.
    So if I go with 23/46 the pins would be both on C slot?

  30. #310
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    3,013
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    So if I go with 23/46 the pins would be both on C slot?
    edit.......
    We are all one race. The human race.

  31. #311
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    just orered me 46t,50t, spur and revo servo saver bearings to replace the slipper clutch spring

  32. #312
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    833
    Installed Max6 18T
    Had a little FUN
    fabricator

  33. #313
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    So if I go with 23/46 the pins would be both on C slot?
    Yes both pins in C.

  34. #314
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5
    Hey to All ...im new to the remote world of RC ..I have recently purchased the X-MAXX and now wanting power upgrades can anyone here that has the knowledge help me out...I would Myself and my 7 year old son really appreciate it.

    Also I was reading about the castles motor fans and defiantly you would want the air sucked away from the motor not air forced to the motor I believe anyway , I could be wrong but when you add oxygen to fire it increases the air to be consumed therefor the fire will increase.. god I carry on but there is logic to it but I think adding fans is an excellent idea and I think ill do the same..

    Cheers everybody Col from Down Under.

  35. #315
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    110
    Kershaw designs 8S kit

  36. #316
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5
    Thanks a lot ill check it out..

  37. #317
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5
    what size is the motor shaft on the stock x-max?

  38. #318
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5
    is the leopard 1340 kv
    1/5 scale with the 8 mm shaft fit the X-MAXX

    Sorry for my incompetence just that they do not display information on them.

  39. #319
    RC Qualifier cazrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    just orered me 46t,50t, spur and revo servo saver bearings to replace the slipper clutch spring
    Im using 18/46, very intrested to hear about 23/46 results, worried about durability. Some people broke front diffs i belive with extremly high gearing and replaced them with new Traxxas performance parts for X-Maxx.

  40. #320
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by colsie01 View Post
    is the leopard 1340 kv
    1/5 scale with the 8 mm shaft fit the X-MAXX

    Sorry for my incompetence just that they do not display information on them.
    Yes it will but u need to buy or make your motor mount..and after market esc.

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •