Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cazrack View Post
    Im using 18/46, very intrested to hear about 23/46 results, worried about durability. Some people broke front diffs i belive with extremly high gearing and replaced them with new Traxxas performance parts for X-Maxx.
    Yes I wanna find out also 23/46 but I had to order the 46t none of my LHS has it in stock..I hit 4mph with 23/50 but melted my spur;(

RC poster
    cannot wait for my Upgrades for my x=max ..yeah ha they wreckon 65 mph we will see...
    How come everyone is out of stock on batteries??? and with my leopard 1340 motor what the best batteries anyone???
    4c 5000mah ?? 11.1v or go the bigger ??
    Last edited by Double G; 04-15-2016 at 11:29 PM. Reason: language

RC Champion

Gonna be installing these today since I'm still waiting for spur gears and also will be ungluing tires so I can tape them up
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Racer
    It's like Merry XMas for your XMaxx

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by magnosis View Post
    It's like Merry XMas for your XMaxx
    Yes it isand other 2 things I recall want still is a leopard 1340kv motor and extra set of batteries

RC Champion
    just finish making mount for the Max5 esc,also got it programmed.just need to put everything back together..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    just finish making mount for the Max5 esc,also got it programmed.just need to put everything back together..
    Pics or it never happened
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Pics or it never happened
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

Looks good. I give it two thumbs up.
    6 X-MAXX's total one built from ground up 3 8s!!!

MY co-workers and I had a bash party tonight once we got off work. Two Slash 4x4's, a Slash 2wd, my X-Maxx, and a other brand rock racer all went out to a football field with a empty city canal. After about 45 min of mass carnage, and a bunch of batteries, the only truck left running was my X-Maxx. One slash sheared the center drive shaft, the other a stock a-arm, one cooked a slipper clutch, and the other one had some odd ESC glitch. Man I love my X-Maxx, it's a tank!
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Champion

What did you do with your X-Maxx today?

Finally Max5 all mounted up and secured,just waiting for UPS to drop off my 46t,50t,spur and bearing for slipper clutch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Qualifier

Received modified wheel adapters for Silverback 5th scale wheels ,mounted 5T Hostile MX tires.
    Ran a bit on the street with Hostile slicks > Truck is A Blast <
    fabricator

Took the truck out for a spin on my lunch break.
    6 X-MAXX's total one built from ground up 3 8s!!!

RC Champion
    Well just did a speed test run with f/r spiral cut diff gears,Max5 esc and 23/46gearing,I'm a bit diasspointed,top speed 41mph,it seems like esc wouldn't let it reach full throttle,it takes off very quick but it just won't reach full throttle not sure what's going on,could it be my battery?i fully charged it 5 days ago but didn't get to run the truck til today,I check voltage before running it both batteries were 12.4V and all cells are pretty much the same @4.125 BTW its Traxxas 5000mah 3s 25c.

RC Racer
    Best I got was 38, 18/54 gearing, max6 esc and Traxxas 5000 lipos.Maybe time for 8s?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionisi View Post
    Best I got was 38, 18/54 gearing, max6 esc and Traxxas 5000 lipos.Maybe time for 8s?
    weird cuz when i had stock esc with 18/50 gearing i hit 43mph,maybe your right maybe time for 8s or maybe a higher 6s batteries

RC Racer
    Pats4life, my guess is either you haven't properly calibrated the throttle on the ESC, or your slipper is too loose. Might give those things a try.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Max6XMaxx View Post
    Pats4life, my guess is either you haven't properly calibrated the throttle on the ESC, or your slipper is too loose. Might give those things a try.
    I didn't know I had calibrate throttle on esc,I just used the program card,if I'm gonna Calibirate the throttle does the motor have to be plug in esc?i will check the slipper also,I replace the clutch springs with 2 bearings,could that cause the issue?

RC Champion
    I didn't know I had calibrate throttle on esc,I just used the program card,if I'm gonna Calibirate the throttle does the motor have to be plug in esc?i will check the slipper also,I replace the clutch springs with 2 bearings,could that cause the issue?
    Every esc has to be calibrated out of the box. Take a read through the instructions that are included.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Racer
    Yes I did tighten the pinion screw right on the flat part of shaft I even double check it,but I think my mesh was a bit tight,
    I'm still having issues with that. Pinion slides right out of the shaft after a few stunts.

If I use locktite won't it be a to remove later on if I want to switch to a new pinion gear?
    Last edited by Double G; 04-15-2016 at 11:28 PM. Reason: language

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by magnosis View Post
    I'm still having issues with that. Pinion slides right out of the shaft after a few stunts.

If I use locktite won't it be a to remove later on if I want to switch to a new pinion gear?
    I've never really had problems using locktite on a pinion grubscrew, even a slight coating of red but most of the time blue just make sure you use a good quality allen wrench. I always use locktite even with the factory dry blue locktite that's added.
    Last edited by Double G; 04-15-2016 at 11:28 PM.

RC Champion
    Re caliberated throttle but same thing,I guess I'll remove the bearings that I put on slipper clutch and put spring back in and go from there..

RC Racer
    Just a little jump.

https://youtu.be/EFV6soPiYTU

RC Racer
    Wait till the abs frame melts to the heat sink fins, keep an eye on it, it will happen.

RC Racer
    Wait till that abs housing melts to the heat sink fins. Keep an eye on it. It will happen. I run up to 220 degrees, stuff melts that hot.

RC Champion

Well just receive my smc 4s batteries hard case,,and it fits in the battery tray but can't close the security bar,,now what?:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You'll probably have to convert to Velcro straps like one member did with their X-maxx
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    You'll probably have to convert to Velcro straps like one member did with their X-maxx
    Ok I was thinking the same thing about Velcro strap,thanks

RC Champion
    Anyone have the link on how to for Velcro battery strap?i search but nothing

Anyone have the link on how to for Velcro battery strap?i search but nothing
    It was addressed to me, so here it is: https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...cerns-Answered
    -=/ X-Maxx - 8S XLX/2028 \=-

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NBViper View Post
    It was addressed to me, so here it is: https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...cerns-Answered
    Thank u sir

RC Qualifier
    Take a look in my buildthread if you want to keep the bars, I get the feel that the batts are more secure for heavy bashing my way

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Manne View Post
    Take a look in my buildthread if you want to keep the bars, I get the feel that the batts are more secure for heavy bashing my way

Ok cool I'll check it out,thanks

RC poster
    New paint on the prographix body

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrdm18 View Post
    New paint on the prographix body

That's very nice!!now go bashing with it

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by NBViper View Post
    Take a look at the way I did it: https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6211951

Much less clean but no hacking involved and took all of 10 minutes to install. I got 8" velcro straps from Amazon. No modification needed beside removing the light gray battery clips

But yeah if you have the time & dedication, Viper's mod is definitely cleaner!
    Last edited by magnosis; 04-28-2016 at 11:26 AM.

RC Racer
    ... As for what I did today? Well like the previous 2 weeks I'm just looking at my XMaxx. It's grounded until I receive a replacement Read Transmission Output Gear I'm envious and impatient but that's part of the hobby isn't it.

RC poster
    That's very nice!!now go bashing with it
    Thanks and will do

RC Champion
    Just tried out 8s on Max5 w/stock motor 23/46 gearing what a difference from 6s,,,truck is crazy fast,I'm running smc 5200mah 70c after maybe less than 10min esc started flashing red,can't be motor temp cuz temp was 157* could it be my battery?
    Last edited by PATS4LIFE; 04-30-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Went to a skate park with my co-workers, and I ran my X-Maxx. I blew up a front tire trying to flip it back over, and after I kept driving it I shattered a front carrier...

Fun time.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast