RC Enthusiast

Question Faint clicking noise when I accelerate?

When I go from a dead stop, there is a faint clicking noise. Doesn't happen when I'm moving, and all 4 wheels do spin properly when I accelerate. Is this an issue or is this just the sound of the motor starting to turn over? If it's an issue, how do I fix it? (I did have it out in the snow). It also doesn't click when I hold it off the ground.
    Last edited by NathanLarson; 12-30-2015 at 05:09 PM.

I know this might sound like a cop out, but sometimes you have to let noises develop a little bit before you can figure out what's going on. I'd let it go for a little while, and see if/how it gets worse.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Enthusiast
    Yea.. I ran it again and the noise seems to have stopped.. Could have been the slipper clutch maybe. The engine area was packed with snow so maybe the slipper clutch got wet. It's all dry now

RC poster
    My does the same thing I called traxxas they said they think it is the ESC that's a new one on me never heard of that

Mine had the same noise and mine went away after a few runs... Not sure what's causing it.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Enthusiast
    That doesn't sound right to me.. It sounded more like a mechanical thing. Electronics don't really make that sound.

I read somewhere recently it may have to do with the slipper, which gets noisy if it gets wet??

I don't know for sure as I don't have my X-MAXX yet.

Some have pulled the slipper, reinstalled and no more noise. Have you adjusted the slipper to spec as per manual?

RC Enthusiast
    Wolfslash16 I think its the slipper clutch. Saw a video of a guy going in deep water and it made a similar noise, just louder. He said it dried out and was ok.
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU-vx1jU4-8

RC Enthusiast
    Mine is making the same faint clicking noise as well. I can here it when rolling the truck forward while the front tires are off the ground. Definitely thinking it's coming from the slipper area. No moisture in mine at all...

Yep, that's a wet slipper clutch noise alright.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Racer
    Sounds like slipper clutch