RC Competitor

Another new X maxx owner!

Had mine for about a week now and love it. running it on 2 3s 5000 lipos. getting around 25 min of run time. Been bashing it around a bit, nothing has broken, sending it off small to mid sized jumps, climbing trees and then sending it flying or backflipping it off the tree, mostly on dirt and some road. I work in construction so sometimes I bring my trucks to the job and bash after work, always a different adventure each job. I'm usually pretty hard on my trucks and so far it's been super durable, I'm sure i'll break a few things, as we all do. The only disappointment I have with it is the speed, I did have a E maxx at one time, and have a Revo , and they kill it in speed, I know it's a big monster truck and all, but speed in the low 30s is kinda of a let down. I was hoping for at least in the 40mph range, and I don't want to change gearing in fear of heat issues, as I usually bash pretty hard. But that's my only complaint. Otherwise it's a beast.

I was also wondering if I could somehow wire the traxxas fan to the truck so I could use it for the motor? I have one laying around, I used it for my Slash.
    Last edited by Mark H; 12-30-2015 at 08:50 PM.

RC Competitor
    Welcome to the club, I love mine so far too, look at some of the over heating posts on here lots of guys are putting fans above the motors. I haven't had any issues yet but keeping an eye on it though.

Welcome to the X-MAXX club!!

Welcome to the X-Maxx club! Thanks for sharing you experience!
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    Just drop in a 50mm 5v fan, or get a 12v fan and wire it to 1 battery, or get a 24v fan and wire it to both. I know one user on here that dropped the temp 50 degrees. There's also the guy getting 60mph from a gear change and his doesn't over heat with a fan. Failing that which is an extremely cheap option, you'll have to upgrade to the castle xl2 or something similar. Go up a few teeth on your pinion, put a fan on, loosen the slipper clutch a bit, and you'll be fine. The slipper can have a big impact on heat issues. My pede vxl used to always get very hot very fast. I had never touched the slipper clutch until I stripped the spur gear, and then I realized the slipper was cranked all the way down. I set it kind of loose and the heat issues went away even without a fan.

RC Racer
    Welcome to the club!

Welcome to the Trench Club and I'm not talking coats either...
    XMAXX EREVO SAVAGE Digging Ditches

RC Competitor
    I ran another 2 packs through it today, and not being so easy on it,launching it off some good sized jumps, backflipping it off a chainlink fence numerous times, just having a ball with it. I don't know how anyone could not love this truck.! I have a total of close to a dozen 3s packs run through it and not one broken part. and I am not easy by no means on my trucks. Again my only negative is I wish it had a better top speed, I will try to gear up maybe a 18 tooth pinion when they become available, Would like to get it in the 40mph range. I will order a fan too, I usually run 2 sets of 5000mah 3s, I get about 20-25 min of run time out of one set, give it a chance to cool down, then run the second set. that set up works great for me. 20 min of bashing, 15 min cool down then another 20 min bash. My back bumper is bent a tiny bit, but that's what they are there for, no complaints there. I hope RPM will make some bumpers soon, they will be a good investment, This truck is awesome,!!!!
    Last edited by Mark H; 01-01-2016 at 04:47 PM.

RC Competitor
    One more thing, It needs a wheelie bar!!! The way I drive it, It's skyward a lot!! lol come on aftermarket, build one lol

RC poster
    X Maxx owner... next week,(i hope)till then i just ordered 2x60mm 12v fan and 4 3s 8400 lipos.I also planning alot of tunning... Sorry if my english is not perfect i am from switzerland .