RC poster

Traxxas Lipo Storage Mode - Ez-Peak

I have purchased a set of Traxxas 3S Lipos as well as the Ez-Peak Dual charger.

I know Lipo storage mode is required if you plan on not using the batteries for 3 or more days, however are the Lipos charged ready to be used in the car.

Basically my question is - do i need to recharge a set of Lipos after they have been put on "Storage" Mode or can i put them straight in my car ??
    Thanks

RC Qualifier
    You can use them right away from storage charge. They wont run as long as full charge, but your not hurting anything. I keep all my lipos at storage charge ( as we all should ) and if I wanna go play for a little I just slap em in and go.

You could use them right from the storage charge but would recommend not to for two reasons:
    1. Run time will be rather short
    2. Cells can go out of balance if the battery are stored for longer periods and the ESC lvc only looks at total voltage thus the low voltage cell could drop to a voltage level that could cause permanent damage to that cell.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamon Creel View Post
    You could use them right from the storage charge but would recommend not to for two reasons:
    1. Run time will be rather short
    2. Cells can go out of balance if the battery are stored for longer periods and the ESC lvc only looks at total voltage thus the low voltage cell could drop to a voltage level that could cause permanent damage to that cell.
    Should they be charged regularly after the storage charge before using them again?
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate

RC Champion
    My charger store them at 3.82v. I put my store cells in the fridge and when I took them out after 3 months, they were at 3.80v and were not out of balance. So they don't discharge by themselves that quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by JayDee63 View Post
    Should they be charged regularly after the storage charge before using them again?
    No need to cycle the battery, just balance charge them prior use

RC poster
    If I forgot to storage charge them, what happens? Sorry I am new to these Lopo batteries. I plugged mine 3 cell into my traxxas Ed peak charger and the lights on the charger flash one after the other but the charger doesn't seem to recognize the battery is attached. I can't start it charging, any thoughts?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy17 View Post
    If I forgot to storage charge them, what happens? Sorry I am new to these Lopo batteries. I plugged mine 3 cell into my traxxas Ed peak charger and the lights on the charger flash one after the other but the charger doesn't seem to recognize the battery is attached. I can't start it charging, any thoughts?
    Are your batteries traxxas ID? Plug the charger into the wall first,then the battery to the charger. Make sure the battery contacts are clean.