Your Xmaxx experience discussion

Hello everyone,
    I am still waiting on receiving my Xmaxx, I often read the forums to see what people are saying about the xmaxx, seems like more negatives than positives so far which gives someone like me who hasn't received theirs yet gives some what false hope if you will. I would like to hear some more experiences with the xmaxx even after some fires, and bad esc's and broken shock shafts and diff's ect. I'm still wanting to hear more positives! so please if you could share away your thoughts good or bad!

2 packs into it and I broke a shock shaft, that was 4or5 days ago. I think the part might come in today.... i hope

Its an awesome truck suck fun to drive people stop and stare. It is built tough had it doing cartwheels multiple times.

RC Racer
    I'm very pleased with mine so far. I have four 30 minute bashes with it so far and have had no issues. Big test will be this weekend when I take it out to some of my favorite places for back to back runs.

RC poster
    The X maxx is always in Beast mode no matter how you drive it. It's a site to see. I filed the teeth off of my spur gear do to the pinion gear being loose and also being a noob an not looking the truck over before I drove it.

RC Racer
    I don't think there is more negatives than positives. The fires are something that we can't control. And Traxxas has made it right with the ones that have caught on fire. A lot of people posting negatives are the ones taking them to skate parks. I bet they are a blast there but flat landing a jump after 10 feet of air is gonna break stuff.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo1988 View Post
    I don't think there is more negatives than positives. The fires are something that we can't control. And Traxxas has made it right with the ones that have caught on fire. A lot of people posting negatives are the ones taking them to skate parks. I bet they are a blast there but flat landing a jump after 10 feet of air is gonna break stuff.
    Yesterday I started taking mine off about a 3 foot wooden bike ramp . About twice the size of the common plastic skate ramps. After some time I decided I was hitting it wide open as fast as it would go . At least 15 feet in the air and at least 30 feet of distance . nOTHING BROKEN ! And I botched a few landings landing on one wheel from at least 10 feet . I had the ramp on asphalt driveway and was landing in the front yard. I think as humans we tend to go out of out way to post how bad something is but if it's good we just assume that's how it's supposed to be. Therefore you only end up seeing peoples negative thoughts while their good thoughts don't necessarily get posted , but if you could see the smile on their face while they are driving ....

RC Competitor
    I absolutely LOVE my X-Maxx, it is super tough, a blast to drive, super stable, easy to work on, did I mention a blast to drive!! I agree with other people that I think u only see more of the trouble on forums like this, it's where we go when we have an issue for help from like minded people, there are a lot of trucks out there and not a lot of complaints in my opinion. It is a machine with some electrical components and will break or have an electrical issue at some point just like every other machine man has made.

Let me explain why I love this beast so much. It's not as crazy as a Slash 4x4 on 4s, or a E-Revo or Summit on 6s, or even 4s for that matter, but that's what makes it great. It has crazy torque to make up for it. I can drive it around at full throttle on 6s and bash it without having to worry about breaking it, or even flipping it. It's still a beast to drive, being able to drive over rough terrain. It took some HARD hits (I caught on video!) and it kept coming back for more. The tires have enough grip that you can easily pull wheelies, on 6s or 4s, but yet when you turn hard enough instead of flipping, it just drifts 75% of the time, and if it doesn't drift, it just goes on 2 wheels then back onto all 4 tires. The run time is way better then I was expecting too, I'm getting 20-25 min on 5200mah 3s batteries, or 6s. Running my SPC 8200 2s 50c's I get roughly 45 min of run time. I honestly have no complaints about it at all. Traxxas really nailed this truck IMO.

The only things I've broken are a shock cap, and two shock shaft ends. The shock cap was defective, and Traxxas took care of it. I broke the shock shafts jumping in the snow roughly 20-30 feet, with an extra 15 pounds of snow on it. Traxxas took of that. I cracked one rim, and they sent me 4 new tires and rims. They really, really stand behind this truck.
    Last edited by TireSlinger; 12-31-2015 at 04:17 PM.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Let me explain why I love this beast so much. It's not as crazy as a Slash 4x4 on 4s, or a E-Revo or Summit on 6s, or even 4s for that matter, but that's what makes it great. It has crazy torque to make up for it. I can drive it around at full throttle on 6s and bash it without having to worry about breaking it, or even flipping it. It's still a beast to drive, being able to drive over rough terrain. It took some HARD hits (I caught on video!) and it kept coming back for more. The tires have enough grip that you can easily pull wheelies, on 6s or 4s, but yet when you turn hard enough instead of flipping, it just drifts 75% of the time, and if it doesn't drift, it just goes on 2 wheels then back onto all 4 tires. The run time is way better then I was expecting too, I'm getting 20-25 min on 5200mah 3s batteries, or 6s. Running my SPC 8200 2s 50c's I get roughly 45 min of run time. I honestly have no complaints about it at all. Traxxas really nailed this truck IMO.

The only things I've broken are a shock cap, and two shock shaft ends. The shock cap was defective, and Traxxas took care of it. I broke the shock shafts jumping in the snow roughly 20-30 feet, with an extra 15 pounds of snow on it. Traxxas took of that, even too the point to send me TiNi shock shafts for it. I cracked one rim, and they sent me 4 new tires and rims. They really, really stand behind this truck.
    Wait a minute, i want my TiNi shock shafts too!

RC Competitor
    I ran mine pretty good a few times, broken rim multiple jumps in, it's a awesome truck to run and it's surprisingly controllable in the air after a jump. It lands soft (when you do it right) and runs like a tank.

I love the truck but am now replaceing the esc with a mamba monster two just because my esc has stopped working less than 30 days in, no broken shock shafts or control arms yet I'm being easy on it until my lhs has spare parts.

All that being said I love the truck and run it every time I can. I try to keep batteries charged but I only have two 3s batteries at the moment. Mine is a absolute dog on 4s so don't Waiste money (in my opinion) on 4s for this truck those run better on the yeti XL. That to me is a sweet basher for sure but seems to be more prone to needing money thrown into it to get it to do what the Xmaxx does out of the box.

I would say it's worth the experience to own one and drive it. It's just for sure a "adult with a gooood job" type truck.
    xmaxx, Tmaxx x2, Emaxx, slash 4wd x2, slash 2wd.

Wait a minute, i want my TiNi shock shafts too!
    Traxxas will release them in the next few weeks or so from what I've been told....

Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hpiman74 View Post
    I ran mine pretty good a few times, broken rim multiple jumps in, it's a awesome truck to run and it's surprisingly controllable in the air after a jump. It lands soft (when you do it right) and runs like a tank.

I love the truck but am now replaceing the esc with a mamba monster two just because my esc has stopped working less than 30 days in, no broken shock shafts or control arms yet I'm being easy on it until my lhs has spare parts.

All that being said I love the truck and run it every time I can. I try to keep batteries charged but I only have two 3s batteries at the moment. Mine is a absolute dog on 4s so don't Waiste money (in my opinion) on 4s for this truck those run better on the yeti XL. That to me is a sweet basher for sure but seems to be more prone to needing money thrown into it to get it to do what the Xmaxx does out of the box.

I would say it's worth the experience to own one and drive it. It's just for sure a "adult with a gooood job" type truck.
    4s is no fun on this truck. Thats all ive had since ive had it. Needless to say, i havent driven it much

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Traxxas will release them in the next few weeks or so from what I've been told....

Dang, and i have 2 regular ones on back order with tower hobbies.. LOL. Story of my life!

I'm liking everything that I hear! Wolfslash16 I'm definitely going to invest in that vanquish light bar lol It looks sick. And those TiNi shafts are sweet as well. Thanks everyone for the responses, it makes me excited all over again. Mine supposedly comes in this weekend. .. we will see! Happy bashing everyone, looks like 2015 has ended nicely for everyone thanks to traxxas!