RC Racer

What should be next that traxxas should do for upgrades for the x-maxx?

My idea something for people concerned with temp issues on the esc or motor. An audible alarm that lets you know if the esc or motor is getting hot or approaching the temperature threshold built into the transmitter.

There you go traxxas another idea.

I sugest makeing a shock shaft that is the same diameter from top to bottom. The current ones tapper at the thread

RC Racer
    Agreed possibly even a thicker shaft all together.

RC Competitor
    Better shock caps, bumpers, rims. I've broken all 3 already. And a motor fan.
    Pede Xmaxx Merv 1/18 Rally Blast Spartan M41 Aton

RC poster
    Definately a better shock for sure. Mine snapped off a 2 ft jump from grass to grass, 10 minutes after setup. That taper is exactly where it snapped, right in the shock cap. Been down 1 1/2 weeks due Traxxas being closed 4 or 5 days a week for holidays. Really wanted to play with my new toy during the holidays. Instead I get to read about everybody else playing with theirs. Go with thicker aluminum shocks shafts!

Quote Originally Posted by dan4aspen View Post
    Definately a better shock for sure. Mine snapped off a 2 ft jump from grass to grass, 10 minutes after setup. That taper is exactly where it snapped, right in the shock cap. Been down 1 1/2 weeks due Traxxas being closed 4 or 5 days a week for holidays. Really wanted to play with my new toy during the holidays. Instead I get to read about everybody else playing with theirs. Go with thicker aluminum shocks shafts!
    I "fixed" mine with a zip tie. Just cause it snowed and i wanted for my wife to do some snow bashing, it is hers adter all.

Well the zip tie will work but if you crash get ready to replace more parts. Its up to you

RC poster
    My shock snapped off to. Why make a big shock shaft and tapper it down like that makes no sense to me.

RC Champion
    Seems like there are a few weak links on the truck shocks being the major one, everything from the shaft to the caps. I suppose the body is adequate enough. Power plant is the other big one, seems like it's just a hair too small for a truck of this magnitude. The chassis itself appears to be pretty solid, which is a good thing. That makes all these ancillary items an easy fix for traxxas if they decide to improve the truck.

It's possible that Traxxas did not know how the market would react to this beast and played it safe with some cost cutting in the areas we are talking about. If it's selling as well as some people are guessing it is, maybe they'll up the ante with an X-Maxx "premium edition" or something with an XL2+2028 combo and beefier suspension parts priced around where we saw the XO1 when it launched.

RC Racer
    The shock shaft in my opinion is a little small.
    Could definitely go a little thicker on the shaft and fix the taper.
    Just because its there doesn't mean its for sale.

I would love some adjustable suspension links. Not that they're really needed honestly, I just like having my trucks set at 0 degrees toe and camber front and rear for better tire wear.

I agree with the shock shafts. I broke two of them too, but Traxxas took care of me.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

i would like some metal toe/steering links and an aluminum steering rack. a good wheelie bar is definitely a must as well.
    X-Maxx Max6 | EB48.3 | ET48.3 | Axial Grave Digger

RC Competitor
    Thicker shock shaft! Broke mine

RC Competitor
    They should make shome travel limiters.
    Pede Xmaxx Merv 1/18 Rally Blast Spartan M41 Aton