Thread: ESC fans

RC Competitor

ESC fans

I bought 2 yeah 3030mm fans for each side of esc to mount like in the video. My question is do you have fans sucking air out away from esc or blowing on them which is better cooling for esc ?

RC Enthusiast
    I have 2 30mm wild turbo fans blowing in and works great. I'm actually going to replace the stock fan with one of those as they are way better fans. Going to have one blowing down in and one blowing in one side and leave the other side open for heat to escape.

I remember a middle school Math teacher, Mr. Zimmer, used to put fans in the windows blowing out never in on us dying of heat. We could never figure it out.

I ordered some computer fans for the top. May I ask, where are these side fans you speak of?

Are extra esc or motor fans actually needed for running stock or lower gearing to prevent issues?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post
    I remember a middle school Math teacher, Mr. Zimmer, used to put fans in the windows blowing out never in on us dying of heat. We could never figure it out.

I ordered some computer fans for the top. May I ask, where are these side fans you speak of?
    Yeah Racing Blue Aluminum 30 X 30 X 10mm Tornado High Speed ESC Fan YA-0180BU on ebay

Thank you kind sir.

Great username, my middle name & the best year for musclecars!

RC Enthusiast
    Wild turbo fans also make an excellent 30mm fan. I got mine on ebay shipped for 11 bucks there priced a little higher on there but made an offer lower and they accepted.

RC Enthusiast
    Where do you get the power to run the fans?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by tjt603 View Post
    Where do you get the power to run the fans?
    From any open channel on the receiver.

RC Racer
    Obviously these fans keep things cooler but how do they effect the performance of the ESC? The fans are increasing run times and preventing overheating and cut off ?

What are the implications of additional fan installation from a warranty perspective if the esc gets fried or goes up in flames?

RC Enthusiast
    As long as it keeps it cold enough so it does not turn off, there should not be any problem no matter runtime