RC Competitor

servo broke down first 20 min of driving.

I just bought my x maxx today. I was not going really hard on bashing. It is a sand bash. However, the servo broke down during my first 20 mins drive. When I try to turn the wheel, the servo has constant click noise. What I should do now? Traxxas gonna take care of this? It seems like kinda hard to disassemble the truck and take out the servo since the servo is integrated into chassis. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by JamRevo View Post
    I just bought my x maxx today. I was not going really hard on bashing. It is a sand bash. However, the servo broke down during my first 20 mins drive. When I try to turn the wheel, the servo has constant click noise. What I should do now? Traxxas gonna take care of this? It seems like kinda hard to disassemble the truck and take out the servo since the servo is integrated into chassis. Any suggestions?
    since its new and you just got it today, just call traxxas on monday,they will take care of you
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

Haven't got enough experience with the X-Maxx to tell you how to fix it. But from everything I've seen in this forum Traxxas will definitely stand by the truck. Lots of people been having good experiences with support.
    XMAXX EREVO SAVAGE Digging Ditches

Haven't got enough experience with the X-Maxx to tell you how to fix it. But from everything I've seen in this forum Traxxas will definitely stand by the truck. Lots of people been having good experiences with support.
    XMAXX EREVO SAVAGE Digging Ditches

Call them they will ask for shipping info and send a new one, dont try and fix it your self or you might break something they wont warrenty. Or when you tell them your situation they will help you fix it....

Traxxas has some of the best customer service regardless of industry in not the kind of guy that does warrenty cards or calls people for help. But they make it so easy it would be a shame not to take advantage of it.

RC Enthusiast
    if you broke the servo already you should probably put it on training mode cause you dont know how to drive it hunny.

Quote Originally Posted by TAYLORSWIFT View Post
    if you broke the servo already you should probably put it on training mode cause you dont know how to drive it hunny.
    Wow,

What a guy.

Lol screen name check out...

Sounds like the first servo issue that I'm aware of. Call Traxxas they'll take care of you.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Racer
    If that is really you, buy me a couple more Xmaxx's
    A.K.A MAXX05
    1 BL Revo,Erevo,Emaxx
    4 XMAXX

RC Racer
    If it was from drivin I'm sure there would be more broke besides a servo.

RC Champion
    Somebody is jealous.
    just a basher

RC Qualifier
    I can hit a lot of stuff in twenty minutes.

The truck could be made out of pure titanium, and people would still break it. My favorite saying, make something idiot proof and along comes a better idiot. Working at my LHS, I've seen people break every single upgraded part you can imagine, from MIP, STRC, RPM, etc. Not even the upgrades are indestructible.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC Racer
    Any back story to what your were doing just prior to this? Servo's strip. It happens.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for everybody's answer! Amazing traxxas support, they sent me the gear set. It took me 30 mins to finish the repair. And it seems like only a 1 dollar repair, but it is time-consuming tho. There are a few teeth of center gear in the servo cracked(not mashed). It make sense to see the gear is actually cracked since I landed lots of jumps during my sand bash. Yes, as you would imagine. The only difficult part is to take the servo. As you might ask. It is on x-maxx e-manual pg.25
    Here is the link:
    https://traxxas.com/support/PDF-Down...Current-Models

RC Competitor
    I used mine 2 times today and I have a noise either from the servo or from the esc. I need to take it apart and figure it out.