RC poster

Shcok broke 2 days before Christmas

I bought my X-Maxx 2 days before Christmas. Drove it about 5 mins, jumped it 2 feet from my yard to my neighbors yard 2 feet below my yard. Not a scratch on the thing anywhere, but the left front shock was defective and snapped. Of course they closed early that day for a Christmas party, and were closed until Monday. Local shop ordered shock first thing Monday morning, and still haven't received the part. Traxxas says waiting for parts. When you drop 1k on a new toy, you expect to get to play with it and use it. Not have the company who released it closed for 5 days straight during the holidays. And you would expect they had enough parts available before the release for authorized repairs. I am now going on 2 weeks without my truck to play with, during a period I actually had time to enjoy it. They better do something really nice to make up for my inconvenience!!!!!!!

RC Competitor
    You should have called them. They sent me parts to my house same day.

RC poster
    I did, but as I stated, they were closed. And they are closed again today! Go figure.

RC Champion
    Seems like the shocks are a major weak point on this truck. With all the promo videos Traxxas has put out prior to it's release, they must have went through several themselves. Wonder if this is something they will address themselves for a future production run or if they'll leave it up the aftermarket.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm on the same boat... Bought the truck on the 17th, shock broke on the 21st ordered parts that night, confirmed order on the 22nd, A arms arrived 23rd but no shocks.

Called TRAXXAS the 28th, they said the shocks were not even supposed to be available for my Hobby Town to order that they would be arriving that week.

Left for vacation 29, bummed that I couldn't bring it to Colorado with me.

Called LHS yesterday, still no parts. Now I'm frustrated. Hoping to get a hold of TRAXXAS today.

Quote Originally Posted by dan4aspen View Post
    jumped it 2 feet from my yard to my neighbors yard 2 feet below my yard. Not a scratch on the thing anywhere, but the left front shock was defective and snapped.
    are you saying the shock shaft broke from landing on all 4 wheels from 2 feet in the air? or was it an awkward landing?

Quote Originally Posted by InfraMan View Post
    Has anyone announced any aftermarket shocks yet? btw Im sorry this happened to you man, thats sucks!
    Just aftermarket top and lower shock cap ends.

Im sitting waiting too

RC Racer
    On this side of Eternity, which means Texas for now
    While no doubt frustrating, just be honest and polite about it. Traxxas is good and will take care of you.

RC Competitor
    Same happened to me. Shocks broke after 10 minutes. Ran awkwardly into wall though. But at a low speed

I'm 99% sure we'll see some upgrade for the shocks here shortly. It's a common issue, so it won't be long I can promise you.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rizz0d View Post
    are you saying the shock shaft broke from landing on all 4 wheels from 2 feet in the air? or was it an awkward landing?
    Yes, landed flat from 2 ft. LHS even said they could see it was defective. Called LHS Thursday, and they said Traxxas still didn't have shocks. I tried to call same day, but Traxxas hotline said it was closed for the holiday. Called Traxxas this morning telling them this, they are sending new shocks to me. We will see. Really sucks as I had plenty of time and weather to play with my Maxx. My neighbor bought the red version from the same shop 2 days later. He has had no issues. Let me drive his a little, and let me play with his E Revo two times we have went out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I'm 99% sure we'll see some upgrade for the shocks here shortly. It's a common issue, so it won't be long I can promise you.
    After market shocks you mean, or upgrades from Trassax maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    After market shocks you mean, or upgrades from Traxxas maybe?
    I'm strongly guessing so yes...
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I'm strongly guessing so yes...
    Lol, I hear you. Now the real question is will they be available in all green for ya haha.

RC Enthusiast
    Wow, should've called Traxxas first instead of going to the LHS... Not that they did anything wrong, just that Traxxas is taking very good care of me. Cheers to all!

RC Competitor
    So, for those who are breaking theirs and waiting. How come you guys dont cut new threads on the broken shafts and reuse them until the new ones come? I know I would! LOL

RC Racer
    I think anyone with shock issues needs to start a new thread each. I think the last response I heard someone got from traxxas was that they aren't planning on fixing the shocks or making an upgrade available anytime in the near future.

RC Qualifier
    Should send all registered xmaxx drivers free updated shocks if they put out updated ones so soon.

RC Racer
    The last comment from a traxxas rep is that they were NOT updating them.

Quote Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
    I think anyone with shock issues needs to start a new thread each.
    And what is that going to prove? Do you not think Traxxas has Customer Support people monitoring the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
    I think the last response I heard someone got from traxxas was that they aren't planning on fixing the shocks or making an upgrade available anytime in the near future.
    Reminds me of a line in a movie:
    My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl...
    It is purely hearsay and a rumor until it is confirmed by either Traxxas or verified by multiple sources (the first being the most accurate source). Not everything you read on the net or the forum should be taken as truth.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoXlvr View Post
    So, for those who are breaking theirs and waiting. How come you guys dont cut new threads on the broken shafts and reuse them until the new ones come? I know I would! LOL
    How do you cut threads into the shafts?

RC poster
    I had mine for 2 minutes and the left front shock broke too. Going slowly and hit a bush.

I ordered 2 new ones for $75.00 from Traxxas. OUCH!!!

*Watch the language and remove words that have been replaced by the language filter*
    Last edited by CraigBeckstead; 01-11-2016 at 10:12 AM.