Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    I don't know how many of you guys are on snapchat, but I just got one to post stuff pertaining to RC cars. Mine is rcfanatic25. It would be great to see some of the setups yall have and to give video or photo snippits of what you are working on and some of the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Supamegaman View Post
    I don't know how many of you guys are on snapchat, but I just got one to post stuff pertaining to RC cars. Mine is rcfanatic25. It would be great to see some of the setups yall have and to give video or photo snippits of what you are working on and some of the mods.
    I would say start a thread strictly for snapchat usernames. We can follow each other there.

RC Qualifier
    Here is the link to the cooling fan post.

Cooling Fans

RC Qualifier
    Using information from this post

Lights for the X-Maxx

I picked up the summit light setup and using a 3/16 drill bit I mounted lights in the front and back bumper. I did use one 4" extender to finish the process. Props goes out to Wolfslash for figuring this mod out.

RC poster
    phanes, can you post a link to your light setup? Love it!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dan4aspen View Post
    phanes, can you post a link to your light setup? Love it!!!!!!
    He got the idea from me. Looks good phanes!

See post #30

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...for-the-X-Maxx
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Competitor
    Bought this truck as my first truck and after testing it shortly indoors it feels a bit rough on the throttle like it is now in stock shape. I replaced the radio system with a EzUHF receiver and I'm controlling it with a Taranis radio. I added a lot of expo to both the throttle and the steering but both are still a bit rough and it seems that it's not related to the controller input.. I can live with the steering I guess but I wanted to use this truck as a FPV truck with a camera on top and then it would be nice to go slower sometimes without getting rough moves from the motor.

Is this upgrade with the CC mamba monster X doing wonders to the low end movement or will it still be rough/shaking when crawling slowly? I'm also considering a lower gear but it would be best to not have to sacrifice to much speed for this. How much would the speed drop if I went down to 11 pinion? I tried doing the math using numbers from the manual but then I ended up with a final drive ratio that is 32.7% lower than stock and that is around 11-12Mph assuming stock is 35mph but it sounds a bit low doesn't it?

Is there a big deal in buying a waterproof ESC like the MMX instead of the XLX that is more suited for the size of the vehicle and future upgrades? The price difference is not to big and then I would be running a ESC rated for my vehicle and rated for later upgrades to bigger motor. On my racing quad I just waterproof the electronics with "plastidip" painting it on all surfaces with electronic circuits on it. Impossible on cars?

RC Qualifier

This was created by "Dr. T" on the RCTECH forum. An 11T pinion should put you at 22mph. Sounds like you either need a sensored brushless setup, or a Summit.
    Last edited by bigtim1985; 01-29-2016 at 09:16 PM.

RC Competitor
    Ooooh sensored system sounds like A perfect upgrade for my truck Now I just have to find Ine that fits. Tanks for the suggestion bigtim1985

Didn't find a way to edit my post but anyone got suggestions on sensored motors with approx the power needed for this truck? Biggest I could find only 2400watt max and I've seen people measure 3000watt off the stock motor so I guess I need more than that.

*there are certain brand names not allowed here. Do not reference them and remove then if the language filter has been tripped.
    Last edited by Double G; 01-30-2016 at 04:39 PM. Reason: merge, clutter reduction

RC Qualifier
    personally I would try changing the gearing first and see if that cures the lower speed cogging. Much cheaper than a different motor mount/motor/ESC.

RC Competitor
    But that sacrifices a lot of top end speed. If I get it right the sensor motors only have advantages so it can't go much wrong updating it can it?

I already have a Summit with Castle drivetrain that doesn't want to crawl along so I was paying attention when the X owners who switched out their ESC to the Mamba x mentioned the bottom being so much better.
    I distinctly remember someone saying their x would now crawl vs. not being able to with the stock ESC.

RC Competitor
    Tested mine outside in the snow today and it is definitely not as bad as I imagined when I tried it around on the floor of my hobby room. I have it setup with a lot of expo on both channels so it's easier to control it around center stick and I could go pretty slow with it. Not sure it's really going to be a problem but it was snow all over today so I didn't get to try it on rocks to see that it was not hesitating there either.

I still think I want to upgrade my ESC and motor anyways since I don't want it frying when the summer and heat comes around and then going sensored sounds like the best of two worlds with improved torque/stability at low end rpm and keeping topend.

RC poster
    I've been looking for some aluminum machined washers for the body. I saw someone post some a bit back saying they were in a Facebook page, but I can't find them anymore. Has anyone seen something like this?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimomono View Post
    I've been looking for some aluminum machined washers for the body. I saw someone post some a bit back saying they were in a Facebook page, but I can't find them anymore. Has anyone seen something like this?
    try ebay I think I saw them there

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimomono View Post
    Here you go...Enjoy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-X-Ma...cAAOSw~OVWwPsU
    X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

RC Enthusiast
    Wish they was anodized black

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by stang9779 View Post
    Wish they was anodized black
    He makes them in black. I got a set last week.

RC poster
    They also have them in black on eBay.

RC Enthusiast
    Will the stock screws work with them or do you need to get longer ones?

RC Racer
    Too bad you only get 4

Need 6

RC poster
    Stock screws will work just fine.

RC Enthusiast
    I also beefed up my Body a bit more and made a inner bracing

Bended an AL Tube, drilled 5 holes and mounted it directly into the Body

Cant wait to test it out on the weekend

RC Competitor
    I believe the cogging is from the delay on the stock esc, I have the mamba monster x now and 18/50 gearing it has no cog unless i'm trying to barely barely touch the throttle which a lot of rc's will do.

RC poster
    I put a panty hose around the electronics to keep debris out,but can't figure out how to post a picture of it?!?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadfan1 View Post
    I put a panty hose around the electronics to keep debris out,but can't figure out how to post a picture of it?!?
    You can just setup an account with photobucket or someone like that they have a copy/paste option for posting pictures on the boards.

RC Racer
    Great thread!

Quote Originally Posted by gunbar223 View Post
    *Check your diff. fluid
    *Assure pinion gear is lined up with main gear
    *Top off shock oil level (or replace with 50 weight oil)
    I'm running on stock everything at this point, rarely on pavement or other hard surfaces, mostly on gravel, slush, snow, mud and later on grass, forest, leaves, roots, rocks.

What type of diff oil is recommended? 50K? 100K? Same for front & read diffs?

RC Champion
    Can we use the stock esc and run the cc Xl x motor?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by PATS4LIFE View Post
    Can we use the stock esc and run the cc Xl x motor?
    No, but you can upgrade the esc and run the stock motor.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bdougwrx View Post
    No, but you can upgrade the esc and run the stock motor.
    ok cool thanks,,now I have to decide which esc to go with��

RC poster
    Nice setup phanes! I'm new here and can't figure out how to post a pic of mine. I love it so far.

RC poster
    i have black washers

RC poster
    Just search "aluminum 4mm washers" on ebay. The ones shown above are 3mm and will work, but the 4mm ones are a touch larger..quite a few colors
    And make sure after your search to change results to "lowest price plus shipping" .
    15$ is crazy !!!! Amazing how people can feel good about putting xmaxx in front of their listings and triple price....

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbaumann View Post
    I think i will disassemble my truck when it arrives, mount stainless steel screws and Loctite it all. Also check the silicone oil in all diffs.
    Stainless steel is stronger but it is brittle. There is one more thing that may cause a problem, SS in none magnetic. If you magnetize your tool to make it easier to get screws into those tight places with SS you are out of luck.
    You can't fix stupid.

RC poster
    Here's my advise sense my first time running was last night and only went through two sets of batteries. First would be to definitely get some big washers for the front body screws. Mine pulled out about 20 mins in. The next would be, have an upgraded steering servo ready to go. Again, by the end of the 2nd batteries, mine was stripped out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12