RC poster

My X-Maxx experience so far. New to RC Trucks..

I bought a drone a few months back and it got me visiting a nearby Hobby Shop some. On one visit, I bought a Slash 4x4 and I've had a blast with it. I've hardly flown my drone since then. So before Christmas, I made another visit to the Hobby Shop. He had one X-Maxx left and I had to have it. So I bought it (wife almost killed me). I've had a blast with it so far I bought 4 5000mah 3s lipos. This thing is a beast without a doubt. My buddy has a 1/10 E-Revo and it makes it look tiny. I'm not too rough on it. Fairly new to RC trucks so I don't bash it too much. Mostly in my backyard or at the local park.

I haven't had any mechanical issues so far. My only complaint is the body already has cracks. I've taken a few a rolls but nothing horrible. I think the cracks occurred from the built in self righting. My experience with the self righting it that it beats up your truck too much and doesn't work most of the time anyways. I'm not sure how these new releases go with Traxxas but I haven't been able to find a body in stock to buy. I want to have a nice body for it when I'm showing it off. Also haven't been able to find the 8400mah 3s Lipos from Traxxas in stock anywhere either.

Overall, this truck is awesome, and I'm happy with my purchase. It has some serious power. I think that the body latching system is great but around the screws that attaches to is where the body has cracked on mine.. Also on the back corners.

RC poster
    Since I can't post another topic as I'm a noob.. What is the best way to clean, wash, maintain the X-Maxx after driving it? I've been just spraying off with water, then blowing it off with the compressor. I also WD40 the screws and such. Is this acceptable for cleaning and maintaining?

A new body is available for order from a traxxas dealer or online for 100 bucks or you can buy a clear one for 70.... bodies stay new for about 15 min. The cracks can be repaired with shoe goo/goop and fiberglass dry wall tape.

Wear those scars with pride

RC Racer
    Can't beat shoe goo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    A new body is available for order from a traxxas dealer or online for 100 bucks or you can buy a clear one for 70.... bodies stay new for about 15 min. The cracks can be repaired with shoe goo/goop and fiberglass dry wall tape.

Wear those scars with pride

It is not entirely clear, it does have some graphics on it, but no paint.

Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    It is not entirely clear, it does have some graphics on it, but no paint.
    Part #7711

RC Competitor
    I'm wondering what we can do with already on the market bodies? I mean there are all sorts of big gas and electric trucks out there like the colossus and I'm sure others. It's just got to be a matter of measuring wheel base and drilling the right holes.

I might have to call the lhs Monday to see what they have, or just measure mine and go one eBay.

With the right trimming and some body posts this would work.

Last edited by Hpiman74; 01-03-2016 at 12:40 AM.
    xmaxx, Tmaxx x2, Emaxx, slash 4wd x2, slash 2wd.

RC Enthusiast
    Gorilla tape the back of the entire body and around where the roll cage touches in the middle area and it will really strengthen it up. Doing this with a new body it will take forever for it to form a crack.

The back always seems to crack no matter what car/truck it is, so reinforcing that area will help a lot.
    Slash 4x4 ultimate / X-Maxx / Losi 5ive-t

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Part #7711

Alright! Ok, thanks for part num!

RC poster
    Yea I saw both bodies that were available on the website. Out of stock on Traxxas.com and haven't found one in stock anywhere else either. I just want a replacement like it comes from the factory. If I have to paint one, there is no telling what it will look like when I finish!

I think some washers for the screws of the roll cage would have been a good idea. The front screw were the first to pop through the body.. then the cracks on the back corners. It doesn't look terrible, but I want to be able to clean it up and show it off sometimes. I'm going to call Traxxas tomorrow and see if I can buy a factory body. My truck is the red, but I want the blue body too.