RC Competitor

Spur not touching enough with other gear? How to remove it?

Some how my spur and that other gear(dont know what its called) are barley touching. As a result, my spur is stripped. I have an extra but I cant remove the nut in the middle. The whole shaft spins and i dont feel like Taking my truck apart. How do i fix my gears so they make good contact and how do i remove that nut. Also it would be great if someone can tell me what that other gear is called XD.

The other gear is called a clutch bell. Put pressure on the spur gear with your finger to prevent it from moving and then back the nut off with a small wrench. When re-assembling, use the paper mesh technique in your manual and then apply nut until tight and back off 1/2 turn.

If you need to move the clutch bell closer to the spur gear, loosen the screws on the bottom holding the engine mount, adjust properly then re-tighten screws to engine mount. I recommend using Loctite on mounting screws
    Last edited by Double G; 01-05-2016 at 08:46 AM. Reason: merge again
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by guardog View Post
    The other gear is called a clutch bell. Put pressure on the spur gear with your finger to prevent it from moving and then back the nut off with a small wrench. When re-assembling, use the paper mesh technique in your manual and then apply nut until tight and back off 1/2 turn.

If you need to move the clutch bell closer to the spur gear, loosen the screws on the bottom holding the engine mount, adjust properly then re-tighten screws to engine mount. I recommend using Loctite on mounting screws
    Got it. Thanks!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by OFWGKTAJUSTIN View Post
    Got it. Thanks!
    Which screws do I remove besides the one with the oval shaped slots?

RC Enthusiast
    You only hav to loosen the screws in the slotted chassis holes, not remove them. Then adjust mesh between spur and clutch bell, finally tighten screws wen happy with mesh.