Results 1 to 39 of 39
  1. #1
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760

    Aftermarket Tires

    I haven't seen any Traxxas upgrade tires yet, but hope they make some.

    Until then, what are your guys thoughts on this set made for X-MAXX?


    8.2" Monster Truck Tires

    Med-Soft Compound
    24mm mounting hub
    Offset
    Pre-Glued
    Set of 4




    http://kershawdesigns.com/X-MaxxTires.htm

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier Fuglio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    497
    I really like the stock tires. What advantages would you hope to gain from an upgrade?

  3. #3
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    I also like the stock tires (appearance so far since I am waiting to get my X-MAXX).

    They are slightly taller and I am wondering if these are softer or harden then stock.

    Any other thoughts?

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    Posts
    96
    Paddle tires for the silver lake sand dunes here in Michigan would be outstanding!
    xmaxx, Tmaxx x2, Emaxx, slash 4wd x2, slash 2wd.

  5. #5
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Hpiman74 View Post
    Paddle tires for the silver lake sand dunes here in Michigan would be outstanding!
    Actually paddle tires for snow would rock!

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    3,028
    Yea I see no reason to change the (can't believe I said that about a traxxas rtr) but yea they are pretty good imo.
    We are all one race. The human race.

  7. #7
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    Yea I see no reason to change the (can't believe I said that about a traxxas rtr) but yea they are pretty good imo.
    Any comments on their compound? Soft, like summit soft? Stock Erevo talons?

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mojave Desert
    Posts
    3,028
    DEFINITELY not like the talons. THey are actually soft and grippy.
    We are all one race. The human race.

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Wolfslash16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Riverton Utah
    Posts
    5,644
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    DEFINITELY not like the talons. THey are actually soft and grippy.
    I agree. I love the look, and function of the stock tires. I would love some better rims to mount them on, but other than that I love the stock tires.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

  10. #10
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    DEFINITELY not like the talons. THey are actually soft and grippy.
    Good to hear!

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I agree. I love the look, and function of the stock tires. I would love some better rims to mount them on, but other than that I love the stock tires.


    Just "rims" ?

    Or the whole wheel?

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Wolfslash16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Riverton Utah
    Posts
    5,644
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykujo View Post
    Just "rims" ?

    Or the whole wheel?
    The tires, the rubber part is fine. The plastic rim part is the part that I wouldn't mind getting a different design.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

  13. #13
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    47
    What the heck. Just rims or the while wheel? What in the world are you talking about sir. What do you consider a rim?

  14. #14
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Abilene TX
    Posts
    38
    He sounds like a car guy... like me... a rim, is just the rim the outside contact of the tire. A wheel is the whole thing.

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Wolfslash16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Riverton Utah
    Posts
    5,644
    Quote Originally Posted by TAYLORSWIFT View Post
    What the heck. Just rims or the while wheel? What in the world are you talking about sir. What do you consider a rim?
    By rim yes, it's the wheel. Whatever the plastic part is in the middle that you glue the tire too.

    God catch. I'm an auto mechanic when I'm not working at my LHS, I'm going to collage for it right now.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier gunbar223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    331
    I am a fan of the stock wheels and tires. Just my .02

  17. #17
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    75
    I just got these tires in yesterday. They are the same height and almost the same width. Compound is pretty much the same as the stock tire. They are a 24mm all the way threw. They come with 4 17mm washers that you first put on, then the wheel nut. The thing that I like that most is the off-set. It has a more aggressive stance.

    I haven't been able to run them yet do to a esc problem that is currently being resolved threw traxxas.

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley510 View Post
    I just got these tires in yesterday. They are the same height and almost the same width. Compound is pretty much the same as the stock tire. They are a 24mm all the way threw. They come with 4 17mm washers that you first put on, then the wheel nut. The thing that I like that most is the off-set. It has a more aggressive stance
    post up a pic

    I think part of the thing with tires and wheels is getting a different look. so even if stock tires are great its always a nice way to customize by putting on tires and wheels, like a nice set of bead locks... i wish Imex would get back in the tire game

  19. #19
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley510 View Post
    I just got these tires in yesterday. They are the same height and almost the same width. Compound is pretty much the same as the stock tire. They are a 24mm all the way threw. They come with 4 17mm washers that you first put on, then the wheel nut. The thing that I like that most is the off-set. It has a more aggressive stance.

    I haven't been able to run them yet do to a esc problem that is currently being resolved threw traxxas.
    Sounds like a good set of spares if nothing else!

    Do you think these have more or less traction off-road vs stock?

    What do you mean by offset being agressive?

    Any photo comparisons of stock vs these by chance? That'd be cool!
    Last edited by jeteffect; 01-05-2016 at 09:25 PM.

  20. #20
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    75
    I am new to forums and I'm not very tech savoy. I was looking if there a way I can take a pic with my iPad then post it to the site but, I didn't see anything.

  21. #21
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Sounds like a good set of spares if nothing else!

    Do you think these have more or less traction off-road vs stock?

    Any photo comparisons of stock vs these by chance? That'd be cool!
    I can't say anything yet about traction or how the handle at my spot yet do to a esc issue, which is being resolved.

  22. #22
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by billyg900 View Post
    post up a pic

    I think part of the thing with tires and wheels is getting a different look. so even if stock tires are great its always a nice way to customize by putting on tires and wheels, like a nice set of bead locks... i wish Imex would get back in the tire game

    I don't know the rules. But if there is a way I can text a pic to you and then you can post it, I would be more then happy.

  23. #23
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley510 View Post
    I don't know the rules. But if there is a way I can text a pic to you and then you can post it, I would be more then happy.
    PM sent on photos - check your notifications - top right of this site. I can post for you for now until you get setup with a Photobucket account, no worries.

  24. #24
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    Posting photos of behalf of Marley510 - they are his photos.‎












  25. #25
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    This reminds me of the Delorean in Back To The Future III with the WhiteWall tires!
    I love it! I just ordered a set!




  26. #26
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kirkland Washington
    Posts
    153
    Those look pretty nice. I would have to paint the chrome lip green!

  27. #27
    RC Racer Killroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Steadman N.C.
    Posts
    204
    Those are the same tires that came with my savage, just larger, no grip, why would u want these over stock.

  28. #28
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    47
    They look like they would handle better on the road. But yeah to each his own.

  29. #29
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    Going to be fun to try, experiment with and have an extra set kicking around for sure!

  30. #30
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2
    AM i the only one who notices the rear left tire is wobbling more and more. can anyone tell me if this is normal or if i should be worried?

  31. #31
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Addictedtokicks View Post
    AM i the only one who notices the rear left tire is wobbling more and more. can anyone tell me if this is normal or if i should be worried?
    Your stock tires rear tire is wobbling?

    Be sure all your wheels are tightened (axel nut).

  32. #32
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    139
    My front right wheel/tire wobbles.

  33. #33
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Venice, FL
    Posts
    2,859

    Height: 7.65" (194mm)
    Width: 3.20" (81mm)

    Proline 1/5 Baja tires ?
    Last edited by BT_EMT; 01-07-2016 at 08:44 AM.
    3905 E-MAXX

  34. #34
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Venice, FL
    Posts
    2,859
    Last edited by BT_EMT; 01-07-2016 at 08:50 AM.
    3905 E-MAXX

  35. #35
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    somewere in ohio bashing a traxxas
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    By rim yes, it's the wheel. Whatever the plastic part is in the middle that you glue the tire too.

    God catch. I'm an auto mechanic when I'm not working at my LHS, I'm going to collage for it right now.
    lol i kinda figured by your previous "car talk" lol

  36. #36
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Addictedtokicks View Post
    AM i the only one who notices the rear left tire is wobbling more and more. can anyone tell me if this is normal or if i should be worried?
    Mine wobbled too. Traxxas sent me two new ones.

  37. #37
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    389
    I'm pretty impressed that traxxas sent out wheels and tires for free just because they were wobbling. Great customer service to say the least.

  38. #38
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    274
    Have worked in plastic shop when younger, I think the rims need to be a little stiffer, becoming distorted at press release, possible do to poor handling or just being distorted while gluing.foams are two PC glued,junk also.

  39. #39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •