Question Help: Broke my Stampede 4x4 VXL TSM today. what can i do to improve durability?

While driving on rough grass (soccer practise field) with ice spots all over the place. (not much snow here yet.)
    (Running at full speed and turning alot.)

Car is stock except a official battery with 9.6 volt Traxxas 5000 nimh battery 40+ mph

the follwing broke

2 Driveshafts, orderd Traxxas steel driveshafts 6852R and 6851R
    1 spindle, orderd Traxxas aluminium 6837X
    1 tire rim, orderd new normal tires, is there any better tires with better durability rims not using plastic?

ive also orderd a Traxxas lipo 3s 6400 battery.
    how can i improve durability since im guessing the lipo 3s will make things break more?

thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by cazrack View Post
    While driving on rough grass (soccer practise field) with ice spots all over the place. (not much snow here yet.)
    (Running at full speed and turning alot.)

Car is stock except a official battery with 9.6 volt Traxxas 5000 nimh battery 40+ mph

the follwing broke

2 Driveshafts, orderd Traxxas steel driveshafts 6852R and 6851R
    1 spindle, orderd Traxxas aluminium 6837X
    1 tire rim, orderd new normal tires, is there any better tires with better durability rims not using plastic?

ive also orderd a Traxxas lipo 3s 6400 battery.
    how can i improve durability since im guessing the lipo 3s will make things break more?

thanks for any advice.
    That's a good start. Fix those items and when something else breaks upgrade as you go. Go with alum shock caps or even entire shock. On wheels and tires besides bad glue job never heard of things going wrong with them out of the box. If you replace one thing(like spindle), on front or back I'd go ahead and replace the opposite side as well so things are even. I would think that stuff may have been faulty to begin with. If its newer I would urge you to contact Trx as the have fantastic customer service and stand behind their products!
    Last edited by Briber; 01-03-2016 at 04:48 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

thanks for helping.

I live in Sweden so calling Traxxas is probobly abit of a hassle, but i will contact the large seller which i bought it from in Sweden and ask for a free Traxxas part: 3668A

I dont care about the other plastic things that broke since im replacing them with steel.

RC Qualifier
    Be mindful that when you replace parts with heavier metal bits it's harder on the drivetrain. I went a little crazy with aluminum everything, and had major overheating issues. Rpm is the way to go for stronger plastics.

Quote Originally Posted by fls4 View Post
    Be mindful that when you replace parts with heavier metal bits it's harder on the drivetrain. I went a little crazy with aluminum everything, and had major overheating issues. Rpm is the way to go for stronger plastics.
    what do you mean by?
    Rpm is the way to go for stronger plastics.

RC Enthusiast
    Rpm is a brand for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by fls4 View Post
    Since im not gonna be doing high jumps, I can probobly limit weight by using normal shocks?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    thanks for helping.

I live in Sweden so calling Traxxas is probobly abit of a hassle, but i will contact the large seller which i bought it from in Sweden and ask for a free Traxxas part: 3668A

I dont care about the other plastic things that broke since im replacing them with steel.
    The part number for wheel and tire is 3669A.
    4x4 uses offset wheels both front and rear the wheel nut goes inside the wheel just a little. Also the 2wd front uses same wheel
    Part 3668A the wheel nut is on the outside of the wheel and has less offset and is used on 2wd rears.
    Last edited by Er33; 01-04-2016 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    The part number for wheel and tire is 3669A.
    4x4 uses offset wheels both front and rear the wheel nut goes inside the wheel just a little. Also the 2wd front uses same wheel
    Part 3668A the wheel nut is on the outside of the wheel and has less offset and is used on 2wd rears.
    Hi thanks for warning, ive actually orderd part 3669A, also asked for warranty on it from my hobby shop.
    typing 3668A was a typo writing here on the forum.
    Last edited by cazrack; 01-04-2016 at 05:54 AM.

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    I'd be very careful with the VXL/Velinoen system on 3s. It is known to not like 3s power. I.e.: overheat.
    Obstacle Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by jvogel View Post
    I'd be very careful with the VXL/Velinoen system on 3s. It is known to not like 3s power. I.e.: overheat.
    If it overheat will it simply shutdown and I wait for 30 minutes before running again?

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    If it overheat will it simply shutdown and I wait for 30 minutes before running again?
    That, or you could be singing the Ohio Players old disco tune "Fire."
    Obstacle Magnet