Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I read that discharging a lipo to 1v per cell then submerging in 3-5 gallons of saltwater(1/2 cup of salt per gallon) for 2 weeks neutralizes it so i can be thrown away in regular trash. Can anyone else verify this?

Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Champion
    Basically you could just use a bulb and empty the battery down to 0v and skip the saltwater.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
    Basically you could just use a bulb and empty the battery down to 0v and skip the saltwater.

Oh so thats all its doing. Saltwater is just closing the circut and draining batt, got ya.

On a different note...

I dont advocate this but, for those experienced enough with knowledge of electricity and soldering, fixing balance plug leads that have come loose out of packs is pretty easy. I had no clue it was even possible. Just a heads up before you toss a perfectly good pack and drop $50+ on new one. I just did it lastnight and back like new again.

I did realize something. Those leads are delicate and if leads come out of pack with the red n black charging leads then tape all together tightly at base point of where they come out of pack. This will take the stress off those balance leads when handling batts.

Please dont attempt if unsure, dont have experience or knowledge and let manufacturer or someone who does do it for you.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Oh so thats all its doing. Saltwater is just closing the circut and draining batt, got ya.

On a different note...

I dont advocate this but, for those experienced enough with knowledge of electricity and soldering, fixing balance plug leads that have come loose out of packs is pretty easy. I had no clue it was even possible. Just a heads up before you toss a perfectly good pack and drop $50+ on new one. I just did it lastnight and back like new again.

I did realize something. Those leads are delicate and if leads come out of pack with the red n black charging leads then tape all together tightly at base point of where they come out of pack. This will take the stress off those balance leads when handling batts.

Please dont attempt if unsure, dont have experience or knowledge and let manufacturer or someone who does do it for you.

That's one reason I don't like the leads to come out of the lipo like this. Most of my lipo are 4mm inboard connection

That's one reason I don't like the leads to come out of the lipo like this. Most of my lipo are 4mm inboard connection

Heres what Im not liking about inboard though. If they are 3mm or 4mm connections on battery but everything else in system is 5mm and 6mm bullet connectors on leads going to my 2200kv motor, arent I bottlenecking current right out of the box???

RC Champion
    Heres what Im not liking about inboard though. If they are 3mm or 4mm connections on battery but everything else in system is 5mm and 6mm bullet connectors on leads going to my 2200kv motor, arent I bottlenecking current right out of the box???

Well, since this is a traxxas forum let's take for example a TRX connector. It is good for 60A, and is used on a mamba monster ESC that connect the motors using 6.5mm bullets.
    Alright, so you don't like the TRX connector, and your standard is deans? No problem, but you've got yourself a 60A connector again.

So the 4mm inboard seems fine to me. Also some batteries only comes inboard, such as saddle packs and shorty.

Do you know what "good for 60A" means?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Do you know what "good for 60A" means?
    Spill the beans man lol. What are you getting at with that question?

IllusionX after seeing the wires soldered to pack vs the inboard style, Im still in belief that its way more conductive. I dont want the heat of the bottle necked draw at pack. If its gonna bottle neck Id rather it be else where on the higher power 150a systems. All my opinion. Appreciate yours too!

Last edited by Briber; 07-28-2016 at 06:56 AM.

Spill the beans man lol. What are you getting at with that question?

IllusionX after seeing the wires soldered to pack vs the inboard style, Im still in belief that its way more conductive. I dont want the heat of the bottle necked draw at pack. If its gonna bottle neck Id rather it be else where on the higher power 150a systems. All my opinion. Appreciate yours too!

The amperage rating for connectors is based on the increase in the heat of the connector. It is usually measured with a rise of 20C or 30C. Connectors can and usually do cope with much more that their amp ratings specify. A 60A connector won't burst into flame at 65A or even 100A. Conversely, I've had EC5 connectors heat uncomfortably when pushing a continuous 40A through them.
    Ratings are wonderful...and sometimes useless.

RC Champion
    Look for connector resistance I guess. EC5, according to SMC testings have pretty bad resistance.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...10025885696564

Look for connector resistance I guess. EC5, according to SMC testings have pretty bad resistance.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...10025885696564

And yet they are rated for 120A. And please check out this webpage from SMC:
    EC5 Male low resistance 5mm connector

RC Champion
    Well, EC5 does provide lower resistance than XT60.

I think I did good by going all TRX and 4mm bullet for my batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    And yet they are rated for 120A. And please check out this webpage from SMC:
    EC5 Male low resistance 5mm connector
    It doesnt list resistance rating though. Plus no doubt, in general, I know theres exceptions(metal type, coating etc), the bigger you go, inherently is going to be less resistance due to more surface area contact. Im more focused on the inboard batts female bullet connector size. I know its least resistance in tests for that size but how critical is it if its a 3 or 4mm connection in batt there and the bullet connection on back side of esc to motor are 5 or 6mm??? Is there enough of a bottleneck to hinder performane and or cause connection point to over heat in batt??? Does the female bullet size in batt increase for each step up in batt voltage?

Last edited by Briber; 07-29-2016 at 01:28 PM.

So Dcuda69 and I got in to a discussion about trx lipo battery balance lead adapters in a different thread. I ordered one and have a question on it. What do with the two wires not hooked up?

RC Champion
    So Dcuda69 and I got in to a discussion about trx lipo battery balance lead adapters in a different thread. I ordered one and have a question on it. What do with the two wires not hooked up?

You should have gotten the real plug from traxxas...

That is weird looking? Not sure about those 2 leads...strange. I would spend the $12 on the Traxxas piece just for piece of mind. Personally I still don't get the whole iD plug stuff at all but that's just my opinion.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

You should have gotten the real plug from traxxas...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    I would spend the $12 on the Traxxas piece

Lmbo!!!

I didn't even know Trx sold one till after I recieved mine in mail, furthermore it was totally misrepresented at time of purchase. I wish Co would be honest, I just don't get why they have to be so shady! I've sent an email we will see what happens. This and an Amazon Prime issue I had is making me loose faith in purchasing things online. I may eat the price difference, spending a little more and just get stuff from lhs.
    Last edited by Briber; 08-11-2016 at 07:40 PM.

RC Champion
    In every lipo thread, I post the original traxxas part so you can't get the wrong part..
    But I think I get what they are trying to do here with the 3rd party cable..

Remember, traxxas doesn't sell the iD connector by itself, so people need to get creative

In every lipo thread, I post the original traxxas part so you can't get the wrong part..
    But I think I get what they are trying to do here with the 3rd party cable..

Remember, traxxas doesn't sell the iD connector by itself, so people need to get creative

No offense in previous post I just though it was a funny picture and conveyed my thought lol.

I saw that and appreciate when pt #'s are listed especially when a link is posted too! The problem here is... didnt see and realize that til 3rd party cable was in hand lol. To be honest I didn't think Trx would sell a part like that as it promotes usage of non Trx products and when you open a Trx lipo it says use only on Trx charger. Obviously I stand corrected and thank you for your help.

RC Champion
    The 3rd cable should work too, you just need to follow the instructions(if any) how to plug it into the iD connector.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The 3rd cable should work too, you just need to follow the instructions(if any) how to plug it into the iD connector.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    There were no instructions in package, so I emailed the company asking how to return. They sent me back pictures of how to hook it up. If im not satisfied they will still refund so it's all good.

RC Racer
    I kind of regret getting a cheap lipo charger and I'm thinking of buying a better one soon. What would you guys recommend?? I would be using it for 2 and 3s batteries

How about this one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ND7J38C...otorcopters-20

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by opethrapture View Post
    I kind of regret getting a cheap lipo charger and I'm thinking of buying a better one soon. What would you guys recommend?? I would be using it for 2 and 3s batteries

How about this one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ND7J38C...otorcopters-20
    What charger do you have now, what type of batteries you run and how many you want to charge at one time and how long you want to wait for a battery to charge?

RC Racer
    The charger would be for charging 2 and 3s lipos. It would be great if I could charge 2 batteries at a time and get a full charge within 90 minutes.

This is the one I have for now:
    https://www.eurorc.com/product/13431...---nimh---lipo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by opethrapture View Post
    The charger would be for charging 2 and 3s lipos. It would be great if I could charge 2 batteries at a time and get a full charge within 90 minutes.

This is the one I have for now:
    https://www.eurorc.com/product/13431...---nimh---lipo
    Well that charger you posted earlier isn't much of an upgrade compared to what you have now. Only difference is 6a compared to 5a both still charges with only 50watts. I would look for a dual channel charger with more watts output. I'd have to check again on which was my first charger for 2 batteries it was ok still took awhile to charge it was good for me at the time, till I got more lipos since my boys started running them in their cars so I needed bigger charger lol

RC Racer
    Ok, I see, thanks for the answer. I'm totally lost and have ko idea what to look for so any help is highly appriciated

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    More wattage faster charge

Hitec x2 on left, Hitec x2 pro (built in soldering station) on right. Imo best little chargers for the power & price you can get. With wifi modules to operate and check status from phone and dc pigtails to charge from car batt out in the field. Oh and use to charge 2 phones at same time too. Both of these are more than sufficient for my charging needs of all these lol.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Last edited by Briber; 10-09-2017 at 01:09 AM.

Hitec x2 on left, Hitec x2 pro (built in soldering station) on right. Imo best little chargers for the power & price you can get. With wifi modules to operate and check status from phone and dc pigtails to charge from car batt out in the field. Oh and use to charge 2 phones at same time too. Both of these are more than sufficient for my charging needs of all these lol.

wow! SMC racing must get a sizeable chunk of their income from you!

No wonder SMC is always outta stock... you lipo monger you!
    Bashing along @ 30mph...

Hey big, i think u were the one that told me bout the wp sc8 esc? And the goolrc 2650kv bl motor? Im getting close to have all my parts for my p4de and was wondering wat lipos are best? Which motor 1/8 or 1/10? And wats the best pinion/spur for bashing. Ive almost got my sons p2de done. Goina go stock gearing with the xl5 for starters. Thanks for the help in advance

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBama View Post
    Hey big, i think u were the one that told me bout the wp sc8 esc? And the goolrc 2650kv bl motor? Im getting close to have all my parts for my p4de and was wondering wat lipos are best? Which motor 1/8 or 1/10? And wats the best pinion/spur for bashing. Ive almost got my sons p2de done. Goina go stock gearing with the xl5 for starters. Thanks for the help in advance
    Really??? On the batt question smh... look at post 188 above! Lmbo Gearing all depends on what motor, esc & lipo voltage you plan to run. Anything from 11/54(1/10 on 2s) to 20/50(1/8 on 4s). Decide what combo then we can give better gearing advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansprouse1 View Post
    wow! SMC racing must get a sizeable chunk of their income from you!
    When I find a good quality product that withstands my abuse, i gotta stick with them! They will continue to get my business if they stay that way too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bige4u View Post
    No wonder SMC is always outta stock... you lipo monger you!
    Thats funny, hey dont be haten on me because Ima preferred customer. Oh btw wanna buy a couple? Haha.

Last edited by Briber; 10-10-2017 at 01:42 AM.

Im goina go with the wp sc8 and the 2650kv. From the sounds of it smc is goina b my best bet lol

Im goina go with the wp sc8 and the 2650kv. From the sounds of it smc is goina b my best bet lol
    My 2700kv sc8 combo runs 15(maybe 18 cant remember lol)/50 on 4s. But its a place to start once installed.

What plug does the smc use briber? Just tryn to be ahead of my build lol. But a build is usaully never done, theres always sumthin new to add or change

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What plug does the smc use briber? Just tryn to be ahead of my build lol. But a build is usaully never done, theres always sumthin new to add or change
    When you go to order them you have a choice of your style plug. Traxxas is one of them

Like er33 said make sure you specify which connector.

Ok, gettin ready to check them out now. Slow goin on gettin parts. Cant wait to get them runnin!!!!!

Aight Briber, u talked me into it lol. I was checkn out smc. Think im goina go 2s wen i buy batterys. Wats goina be best for the wp sc8 esc and goolrc s3674 2650kv bl motor?

RC Racer
    Since it’s impossible to use 3s battery on the indoors course I have been running 2s batteries which provide sufficient punch. Instead of buying another 2s lipo I was considering switchin to 3s Instead and using the traxxas link taking down the throttle to about 60-70%. Would that work??

When driving outdoors I could just switch back to 100% and enjoy the full power of my 3s batteries

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast