RC poster

TSM making steering bad?

I bought the Rustler vxl with TSM, the steering sucks on it, the tires will turn all the way but then when I hit the gas they barely turn? Any one know if it's tsm or if somthing is wrong?

RC Qualifier
    look at the paperwork that came with your tsm rustler ...the tsm can be adjusted or turned off after setup with the controller..
    I believe that your tsm is at work.

RC poster
    I've been looking at the chart and there is nothing that shows how to adjust tsm with the multi function knob on the TQi

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron15g View Post
    I've been looking at the chart and there is nothing that shows how to adjust tsm with the multi function knob on the TQi
    https://traxxas.com/products/models/...-tsm?t=support

page 17 of your rustler manual has the tsm information

RC Enthusiast
    your front tires may be hoping of the ground this happens to me and i dont have a tsm

RC Qualifier
    The steering doesnt suck on the rustler. You doing something wrong. If you put the knob to 0 it is off and from there you must adjust to your liking. Clearly stated in the manual.

RC Qualifier
    TSM is controlled using the Multi-Function knob. Just turn it down to 0 and TSM is OFF.
    To test this, turn the vehicle on and while holding it in the air pull the throttle.
    With the throttle in the neutral position, set the Multi-function knob to 100%, rotate the truck while holding it in the air.
    The wheels should turn as you rotate the truck left or right.
    Now turn the Multi-Function knob to 0. Try the same thing, the wheels shouldn't turn.
    Slash 4x4 TSM OBA
    2s & 3s ID batteries

RC poster
    Curious I have a stampede vxl with tsm and I have something of the same problem only even when I turn the tsm to 0% I still have little or no steering sometimes the truck just decides that it wants to go left or right, I noticed that when this happens when I have steering at center the truck still act like I have the wheel slammed either left or right, if I play with the steering shifting it back and forth it will center then does it again either left or right. Any ideas? the servo has already been replaced.

RC Qualifier
    Deadpoolsid, the steering would stay in one direction if TSM was on, but it sounds like you have it off which is wierd. May be a glitch in the reciever.

To answer the original question, make sure to hit the throttle when testing TSM. If you steered and then tested TSM I believe it stays where it was supposed to steer. Personally I'd just turn it off. Whenever I drive my Dad's RC with the TSM it drives me absolutely insane. I'm supposed to drive the RC, not the other way around. I'm so used to driving without TSM that I correct steering on my own, and if TSM is already doing that it makes it easy to overcorrect. It also doesn't seem to help that much. For a straight line it might stay straight, but who ever bashes in a straight line? When we race, Dad still spins out, and when we bash, the RC still spins out or flips over. If you do want to use it still, I'd start with what everyone else said, pick truck up, press throttle, turn truck sideways and see if the front wheels counter-steer.