RC Qualifier

Aton differences ?

Since no one has the full version for $499 in stock, if I buy the lower priced version, can these additional features be added for about the same cost as buying the full version? After seeing videos and pictures, am ready to buy now. Am on tower hobby and rc planet wait list now. Or does anyone know where I can purchase the full version? Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Never mind. I jumped the gun and ordered the 399 one. Looked up the gimble and looks like $119 to add but heck it already has a mount for straight forward video so can get that when I learn it better.

Traxxas Employee
    The Aton+ also comes with a bigger battery in addition to the gimbal, but those aren't available just yet. If you want one now (and we all do) get the standard Aton. You can always add the other things later.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Maxxdude View Post
    The Aton+ also comes with a bigger battery in addition to the gimbal, but those aren't available just yet. If you want one now (and we all do) get the standard Aton. You can always add the other things later.
    Yup... that's what I thought too.

RC Qualifier
    Grabbed one 4000 battery for now. Thanks for the help.

RC Qualifier
    when FPV framing comes out, it will be attached to a 3 axis gimble. I bought the regular aton and will buy the 3 axis once its out. I definietly will not need a 2 axis and 3 axis so I thought that was a better value.

although knowing traxas Im sure they will have a power up program to trade in the 2 axis towards a 3 axis.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Competitor
    A little bird told me that the 3 axis will be out mid February.
    Pede Xmaxx Merv 1/18 Rally Blast Spartan M41 Aton