RC Competitor

How much money have you poured into one E-Revo?

I basically have invested over 2K and I'm a noobie still. $770 for the TSM version, $250 for the battery charger, $2xx for batteries, and the rest are upgrade parts. I have been reading, researching, and watching youtube videos for some time now. I'm still waiting for my E-Revo to come but I'm afraid I won't be playing with for too long because I have a vacation coming up in 2 weeks.

I'm hoping that the box come with all the tools needed to do my upgrading.

RC Enthusiast
    I just got me revo on 12/30....I guess I am the unlucky one and got a bad ESC.

I was running it yesterday and it went up in a puff of smoke. Luckily my local hobby shop can do warranty work for Traxxas, so I do not have to buy a new ESC/Motor. Dodged that bullet .

Still already have dropped $300 in batteries and charger.

RC Competitor
    I'm still thinking about whether or not i should upgrade the stock ESC and motor. Why do people upgrades these parts to begin with??

From what I know about the long travel kit, it is used for rock climbing, change the height and looks, running over obstacles easier but the downfall is that it will fall or roll over easier because the height is now much higher. I don't think i will use the LT any time soon.

Most people upgrade ESC/ Motor for more speed, torque and programming option. RPM arms and steel drive lines are a must in my opinion.
    Last edited by guardog; 01-05-2016 at 05:20 AM.
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Competitor
    $730 just for the car, $100 for charger, $260 for 4 lipos, $140 into MIP's all around, $130 into losi diffs, that's not including all the other little parts here and there. New tires, body, a arms, gears ect. Probly close to $1,500

RC poster
    You've described a general upgrade package I tend to follow. (It's one of the best features of Traxxas. Customizable !)
    Caution however, if you catch "transmitter addiction" hold on tight. If it flys, floats, or rolls, -imo- I'm extreme. Almost at $16K in two years.

RC Racer
    Bring it with you on vacation!!

Quote Originally Posted by DPCRacing View Post
    You've described a general upgrade package I tend to follow. (It's one of the best features of Traxxas. Customizable !)
    Caution however, if you catch "transmitter addiction" hold on tight. If it flys, floats, or rolls, -imo- I'm extreme. Almost at $16K in two years.
    Its a good thing that my lack of $$ has prevented me from getting that bad. Else I’d be in the same boat
    37 Fightercat Shocker 10S
    Traxxas Spartan Stock