Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. GeneralPede01's Avatar
    I doubt they would make it do that, just eliminating everything. Instead of putting her bulkhead on yours did you ever try putting your bulkhead onto her chassis instead and testing it instead?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPede01 View Post
    I doubt they would make it do that, just eliminating everything. Instead of putting her bulkhead on yours did you ever try putting your bulkhead onto her chassis instead and testing it instead?
    Honestly I can't remember, I remember the suggestion but don't remember if I tried it. I know I said I'm done and sending it to Trx but a wiseman told me recently

"Now how are you gonna learn if I do it for you lol."

So if I they fix it for me I'm never gonna learn. Its like my mission now lol. Well maybe.... We'll see haha
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

If I remember correctly you put her bulkhead assembly on yours but didn't try putting your whole front assembly onto her chassis.

If I remember correctly you put her bulkhead assembly on yours but didn't try putting your whole front assembly onto her chassis.
    I believe you maybe correct I will do that next chance I get. Whats your camber and steering settings? holes, degree toe in or out, etc? Snap pic if easier on hole settings. For shocks too please. At your next convenience.
    Last edited by Briber; 01-23-2016 at 12:38 AM.

Camber is stock on front, the back is 1.5 degrees because I swapped my aluminum carriers around. Shocks are in stock hole locations. I set my toe angle straight.

Camber is stock on front, the back is 1.5 degrees because I swapped my aluminum carriers around. Shocks are in stock hole locations. I set my toe angle straight.
    Thank you.

No problem, I can take pics still if u need them

No problem, I can take pics still if u need them
    No thanks I can look at daughters. Do you angle shocks and lower on speed runs for stability?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Did you check the bearings or nylon bushings in your servo saver. I remember you checking the spring don't know if you checked the other parts on it.

Issues with not tracking straight.

Yea that's the only time I move my shocks is when I'm plan on doing speed runs. I move them too lower my cog and too make it stiffer

Quote Originally Posted by Er33 View Post
    Did you check the bearings or nylon bushings in your servo saver. I remember you checking the spring don't know if you checked the other parts on it.
    I've rebuilt it twice and upgraded to the bearings instead of bushings.

Before I did anything I adjusted camber on my front end. Even though sitting on ground tire appeared level it was off a bit. Top was out 3 from bottom.

Put front end bulkhead on hers. Acted up bit but in a different way.

Front end wiggled back and forth in small quick movements but for the most part in a straightish line. Not at all like when on my chassis and it wandered all over.

I also noticed the front end bobbing up and down like it was geared different or wheels were spinning at different ratio than rear. I thought maybe since her chevron tread is brand new and mine is like 30-40% that may have something to do with that. I'll try putting her new tires on my front end bulk head that's on her chassis now, next chance I get and see what that does.

My best results so far, definitely were, her front end on my chassis.

I'm going to try switching my rear bearing carriers to see if it helps on my chassis when I put my front end back on.
    Last edited by Briber; 01-23-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Man I hate that you still haven't figured it out, I know it's frustrating and I hope you get it straightened out, I'm curious as too what could be causing this issue.

RC Qualifier
    I haven't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been suggested before:
    Did you by any chance install the wrong ring and pinion gears in the front diff when you rebuilt it? Are you absolutely sure you have the same gear ratio in the front and rear diffs? (The VXL ring/pinion ratio is 2.85, and the brushed version ring/pinion ratio is 3.92)

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I haven't read through the whole thread, so forgive me if this has been suggested before:
    Did you by any chance install the wrong ring and pinion gears in the front diff when you rebuilt it? Are you absolutely sure you have the same gear ratio in the front and rear diffs? (The VXL ring/pinion ratio is 2.85, and the brushed version ring/pinion ratio is 3.92)
    I bet they gave me wrong one. Everytime I go they try giving me vxl and I have to correct them. Wow thank you

Lol. Something that simple took forever to solve. Got those parts I sent you installed yet?
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

Hopefully fingers crossed that's it. Would make most sense since Trx was really focussing me towards diff. We will see.... Prob go today and get all new matching gears

I bet that's part of the problem but after second thought I took front drives off so that just the stub axle was on it and my front bulkhead on my chassis still wandered about. But I've also changed and adjusted some things since then.

I'm afraid that this thread prob won't help anyone in the future if and when its right because I've done so many things I won't be able to pinpoint one particular reason why... I do believe its a combination of things.....
    Last edited by Briber; 01-24-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    Lol. Something that simple took forever to solve. Got those parts I sent you installed yet?
    I did but took center drive back off for now using my daughters since hers is new while I'm testing things.

Is there a way to tell by looking at pinion and ring gears which ones they are?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Is there a way to tell by looking at pinion and ring gears which ones they are?
    Yes, if you count the teeth the VXL parts (#5379X) have a 37T ring gear and a 13T pinion (2.85 ratio), whereas the brushed version parts (#6778) have a 47T ring gear and a 12T pinion gear (3.92 ratio).
    Last edited by Viking; 01-24-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Yes, if you count the teeth the VXL parts (#5379X) have a 37T ring gear and a 13T pinion (2.85 ratio), whereas the brushed version parts (#6778) have a 47T ring gear and a 12T pinion gear (3.92 ratio).
    Fantastic! That's a big help I'll check when I get a minute...

Just checked and sure enough I have the vxl ring and pinion gear in front diff!

Would you happen to know the part # for the vxl rear ring & pin gear?

You asked at the right time I'm at the hobby shop now lol tra6879

You asked at the right time I'm at the hobby shop now lol tra6879
    Lol me too, wanted to make sure before I left. When I was walking away from counter I saw book open to slash 4x4! Thanks!

No probkem

Viking, I know you shouldn't capitalize full words but any other way just wouldn't do you justice:

THANK YOU!!!! And my wife will love you when she wakes and I tell her....

Its fixed.

I couldn't believe my eyes. As its wot winding higher and higher, getting faster and faster, coming straight ---------> at me I was in so much shock it was going straight, I almost took off my foot at the ankle. Lol. As I lifted my foot to realize it would've just barely missed my foot, I yelled "yyyeeessss!"

To my best judgement that was main culprit of the wacky tracking! Hopefully this thread can RIP now.

I should change my sig to: Amazingly Happy Stampede Shredder!
    Last edited by Briber; 01-24-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Glad it's finally fixed I know your happy lol

WOW! Sounds like you finally got it licked!

A million suggestions, process of eliminations, back to the drawing board, again and again and all over your LHS giving you the wrong ring and pinion?? So it was the whole confusion of brushed vs brushless when it came down to the R&P part numbers you were actually getting.

I take it you have the brushless 37T ring gear and 13T pinion (2.85 ratio) front and rear now correct?
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

Quote Originally Posted by dave00bear View Post
    WOW! Sounds like you finally got it licked!

A million suggestions, process of eliminations, back to the drawing board, again and again and all over your LHS giving you the wrong ring and pinion?? So it was the whole confusion of brushed vs brushless when it came down to the R&P part numbers you were actually getting.

I take it you have the brushless 37T ring gear and 13T pinion (2.85 ratio) front and rear now correct?
    Yes sir! Every time I start to get upset about it I just think of my test run earlier and smile. I have always specified 4x4 brushed. I will just have to make sure I do my homework and get part numbers first before I go to lhs.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Viking, I know you shouldn't capitalize full words but any other way just wouldn't do you justice:

THANK YOU!!!! And my wife will love you when she wakes and I tell her....

Its fixed.
    Glad to be able to assist!
    Give my regards to your wife - it sounds like she is very supporting about our insanity...

Since you now have the VXL specs it's a good idea to download and print out the exploded views for the VXL from the Traxxas site. That way you'll always have the correct part numbers at hand:
    https://traxxas.com/products/models/...-tsm?t=support

RC Racer
    Kudos to Viking!!
    Fantastic news Briber,I really am happy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpickle View Post
    Kudos to Viking!!
    Fantastic news Briber,I really am happy for you.
    Thank you, back toy high flying fun. Daughter and I bashing last night I got out the ramp.... Easy 7-8' of air! :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123