Just won an ebay X0-1

I messed up the title of thread. I wanted to ask what batties other X0 owners ran?

Hello.

I have no experience or have even seen an X0-1 in real life yet. I put a bid on a new (used) one & was shocked to win. One of those times you bid on something not expecting anything out of it, or am I the only one that does that, ha. I don't know if the other 38 bids forgot but mine was the last, winning bid of $414 (on a $426 bid, it's a Mopar thing). Good pictures, close shots proved enough to me that the seller was correct in saying maybe 2 runs.

My buddies will be thrilled. They all act bummed when I tell them my fastest rig's about 40 with a tail wind, lol.

I'm wanting to purchase more batties but I'd to be able to use them for my X & Summits as well.
    How 'bout the Traxxas 3s 5000?
    That way I could run them in my Summits & pair them up for the X.

What I'd like, is to be able to use them on all my rigs so I'm not pigeon holed into "this batties for this truck and that there one is for that truck on the shelf, yada, yada". Except maybe the X, I bought it a dedicated set of 3s 8200's. But...for future use I'd like to be able to pair the 5000's for each side.

A couple shots of what's most likely my LAST purchase for a long time. In my world, I think I have a good general mix of electrical consumption. The You Tube videos will have to replace my desire to get into the nautical world. Those "Miami Vice" boats, cigarette? boats is what I've heard them called, look like a real kick in the pants.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by rtmike; 01-06-2016 at 07:19 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    The 5000mh 3s will work just fine. I use traxxas 25c and venom 35c. Both pairs work well.congrats on your purchase

Quote Originally Posted by TAYLORSWIFT View Post
    The 5000mh 3s will work just fine. I use traxxas 25c and venom 35c. Both pairs work well.congrats on your purchase

Right on, thanks for responding!

That's great, those batties will be getting a work out. I can now order some & feel confident, thumb up.

May I ask, what other things are enjoyable besides the speed runs with these bad boys?
    Not counting racing on a track with others, that's a given, lol.

I have a buddy who sold me my HPI RS4 that started all this back in '03 that I hope to get back involved.
    Is buying a rig just for your friends to use so you're not by yourself considered "buying friends", lol. I sure hope not. I imagine if said friend gives you a list of mods, you might want to rethink that friendship, ha.

RC Enthusiast
    I haven't even done a speed run yet. Still have little pinion in. But I have a hpi dbox and 1/5 scale grp tires and I just drift around.really haven't found a good spot for high speed runs

RC Qualifier
    I made drift tires for the factory XO-1 wheels and drift around when I am not doing speed runs:

RC Qualifier
    Also took mine to a banked track for 1:1 cars:

I am probably going to buy a cheap used Traxxas car so at least one of my friends can race around with me if they don't have their own cars. I still like the high speed runs with my car. I have a video posted of my latest ones after I installed TSM. I have always used the Traxxas 3S 5000 MAH batteries without any problems.

I highly recommend using the training mode the first few times, and when you think you are ready for the high speed pinion use the training mode a couple more times because when the power difference between 50 MPH and 100 MPH is huge.

Drifting=driving on ice is what it looks like, lol.

Thanks for the training suggestion.

RC Qualifier
    I didn't think it would be that interesting until I started doing it. It sure beats wearing out your stock tires on the pavement when trying to perfect your technique.

Curious if anyone could tell me what radio came with the x0-1 when it was 1st released?

RC Competitor
    The X-01 was first released with the 1st generation TQI system with the iPod 30 pin dock connector and TQI receiver.

Like this - on the left

Mr. Whittaker52, that's exactly what I needed. Much thanks.

The seller is sending me the correct radio. I noticed he has a couple Revos for sale, wonder if radio I got was for one of them?

I poked around the chassis to get a better understanding of what it came with. Is the TSM built in? All I see is the ESC & motor.
    At the antenna, receiver box area I took that lid off looking.

2-3 months from now I'll look at this post & be embarrassed of asking such stupid questions.

RC Qualifier
    You have to remove the receiver box cover and look at the writing on the receiver. If it says TSM on it, then it has TSM. It will look like this picture:

RC Competitor
    TSM has only recently been added to the X0-1, so unless it's a brand new car, it won't have TSM.

RC Qualifier
    In most cases what whittaker52 said is true if it is an old unmodified XO-1, but anyone can add TSM to their first gen XO-1. I did.

Well the correct radio showed up today. It has the iPhone molded holder in the bottom. Same as the one in whitaker's picture post.
    I had batteries waiting.

Oh my goodness. What a kick in the pants. I've always had little rockets like this, not quite this extreme but I couldn't help but wonder whether me drifting over to the 4 x 4 rigs was the right choice, lol.

The batteries I used were only 2C but good gravy this thing absolutely gets with the program. My HPI RS4 doesn't stand a chance.

I'm gonna have my hands full. I still need to switch out the ESC in my X & rebuild another set of shocks besides all the stuff I've bought & have plans for with my Summits.

And now I have a hot rod. Woohooo