Removing Motor Heatsink

Wondering how difficult it is to remove the stock motor heatsink, for cleaning or for installing another heatsink such as....

mine was a bit of a process. had to pull the motor mount out of the truck to slide it off. and the temp sensor was taped onto it, so the tape bunched up as the heatsink was coming off of it and it took some wiggling.

RC poster
    Castle c20 is what in goin with. It has been suggested numerous timess.

RC Racer
    It pulls rite off no need to slide it. Needle nose on the middle fin and pull up. I removed mine to put thermal paste between it and the motor

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfueled1 View Post
    It pulls rite off no need to slide it. Needle nose on the middle fin and pull up. I removed mine to put thermal paste between it and the motor
    Same with mine, pulled straight off fairly easily. Did the thermal paste as well
    XMAXX (Red), Tmaxx 2.5 (converting to electric)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Wondering how difficult it is to remove the stock motor heatsink, for cleaning or for installing another heatsink such as....

I have to say, I purchased a Heatsink like the one you pictured, just a little bigger. However, the when comparing the heatsink itself to the stock one, the stock one is much more robust. It has a lot more fins and they are much bigger (which is what you want) . So I ended up going the route others here have. I put thermal paste between the stock Heatsink and motor and cinched it down with a couple of zip ties. Then mounted a fan on top of the heatsink.
    XMAXX (Red), Tmaxx 2.5 (converting to electric)

RC Racer
    I agree 100%

Thanks for the note on the stock heatsink and other recommendations.