Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Pre order's

  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    210

    Pre order's

    I put in a pre-order on dec 25. Expected arrival was jan 11th. Few days later it got bumped back to jan 13th. Just looked, and now my pre -order is pushed back to feb 29th. Is traxxas delaying shipment or something? I can understand a week give or take, but I just got pushed back a month and a half.

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier Fuglio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    497
    The expected arival date might be preprogrammed, using a number of assumptions IE: lots of product stock, perfect weather and all shipping dates on time.

    As these things are found out the shipping date gets adjusted.

    Im completely making this up but it sounds plausible.

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    210
    I was fine with the date getting pushed back a few days, but a month and a half? That's ridiculous. This wasn't an ebay purchase, it was from a known, large reputable seller.

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier Fuglio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    497
    What did they say when you called and asked if about it?

  5. #5
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18
    What country are you from and where did you order from? My pre order says due tomorrow on the 8th, hoping it's not delayed.

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    210
    Usa. Was preorder through summit racing

  7. #7
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    Pre ordered mine nov 2nd, date pushed from Dec 18th, 28th, mid Jan.

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    389
    Interesting....I was lucky enough to get one on Jegs.com when they were actually in stock Dec 22nd, but now if you look them up on the website it says "Manufacturer's Availability Date Unknown."

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
    Usa. Was preorder through summit racing
    You should cancel that and try Tower Hobbies. They are estimating mid Jan to be in stock and you can back order it now and it will ship soon as they get it. It'd be worth a call to see if all their coming stock is spoken for.
    Last edited by bdougwrx; 01-07-2016 at 08:31 PM.

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    210
    Yes I did cancel it last night. I have been checking the back order status on it daily, and wasn't really expecting it to be 100% on the 13th, but I wasn't expecting an additional month and a half delay. For me that's just too far out. Is just a crap situation overall. Already purchased 2 new sets of batts for the truck and got a new dual charger also.
    Last edited by stingeragents; 01-07-2016 at 09:37 PM.

  11. #11
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
    Yes I did cancel it last night. I have been checking the back order status on it daily, and wasn't really expecting it to be 100% on the 13th, but I wasn't expecting an additional month and a half delay. For me that's just too far out. Is just a crap situation overall. Already purchased 2 new sets of batts for the truck and got a new dual charger also.
    My local shop has a blue one in stock I'm sure they can ship it

  12. #12
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    210
    What shop is it??

  13. #13
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
    What shop is it??
    I PMed you the info and number they close at 8 i think it's 7:02 now

  14. #14
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    16
    I was looking around to preorder the other day and just happened to notice rcplanet had one in stock so I jumped on it! Got the shipping info today. Can't wait!

  15. #15
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Kirkland Washington
    Posts
    153
    I was able to order mine from a hobby shop in a different state. Took me a week to get it and it came in last night.

  16. #16
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
    What shop is it??
    Did you order it?

  17. #17
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    210
    No, I saw your post after they closed and wasn't able to call. I sent them an email but didn't get a response today so I just preorder with tower. Hopefully this one works out better. It's still showing mid jan so fingers are crossed.

  18. #18
    RC Champion jeteffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
    No, I saw your post after they closed and wasn't able to call. I sent them an email but didn't get a response today so I just preorder with tower. Hopefully this one works out better. It's still showing mid jan so fingers are crossed.
    Fingers crossed here yours and my orders. I'm getting Mid Jan for my lhs also.

  19. #19
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    49
    The delay could be issues that are arising with the X-Maxx. It's never a good thing to buy the first batch of something completely new. My local hobby stores and even AMain have delivery dates of Feb as you mentioned. It would be nice if Traxxas explained to it's clientele what the hold up is instead of being silent about the whole shipment delay.

  20. #20
    Traxxas Employee nixhex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ft Worth, tx
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by pblizard View Post
    The delay could be issues that are arising with the X-Maxx. It's never a good thing to buy the first batch of something completely new. My local hobby stores and even AMain have delivery dates of Feb as you mentioned. It would be nice if Traxxas explained to it's clientele what the hold up is instead of being silent about the whole shipment delay.
    It's quite simple, like every company that makes a new product, it's supply/demand and no company can acurately get the demand amount of product each time. Look at Apple, when they announced a new iPhone, the demand outweighs their supply every release. Then the restock will depend on lead times needed to get them manufactured and shipped.
    For example when I worked for a motorcycle parts dist, we had lead times anywhere from 3-9 months for product. Also once product hits the shores in the US, it has to pass thru customs which can take some time.

    THIS IS NOT saying the lead times for the Xmaxx are this long, that was JUST an example from a previous job. I have talked to shops that preordered a couple trucks when it was released and then have called back multiple times to add more trucks. One of my favorite shops I talk to went from 2 trucks preordered to over the next month adding 8-10 more. She was also taken back by the response and let's her customers know there will be waiting period.
    TRX4(lots of mods), TCP(will stay with me), Custom Summit, GTP Fiero(in rebuild stage), "My Summit" pic is posted in the Summit gallery........and some other things.

  21. #21
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    49
    I understand the basics of supply/demand that's basic economics. The problem i see is that even from the start online shops and local hobby shops were taking pre orders for the promised shipped date from Traxxas which wasn't even being met. So Traxxas really did know what to expect for interest in the new product. Let's goto your example of Apple which I can't relate to because I was one of those people who was able to order the Apple Watch on opening pre-order day. Yes I waited 2.5 mths for delivery but Apple was updating me on why the delay, example defect in the haptic screen. So they fixed the issue and started shipping out product asap. What's the delay with Traxxas? Did they only manufacturer 100 X-Maxx or were there other issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by nixhex32 View Post
    It's quite simple, like every company that makes a new product, it's supply/demand and no company can acurately get the demand amount of product each time. Look at Apple, when they announced a new iPhone, the demand outweighs their supply every release. Then the restock will depend on lead times needed to get them manufactured and shipped.
    For example when I worked for a motorcycle parts dist, we had lead times anywhere from 3-9 months for product. Also once product hits the shores in the US, it has to pass thru customs which can take some time.

    THIS IS NOT saying the lead times for the Xmaxx are this long, that was JUST an example from a previous job. I have talked to shops that preordered a couple trucks when it was released and then have called back multiple times to add more trucks. One of my favorite shops I talk to went from 2 trucks preordered to over the next month adding 8-10 more. She was also taken back by the response and let's her customers know there will be waiting period.

  22. #22
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    210
    +1 to the above. I would have to highly assume the delays are on traxxas and personally if I spend 800 dollars on your product, I expect to stay informed. The original order I placed showed to arrive on Jan 11th. I doubt that company just picked a random date and said, yup that's when we expect it, put it up for sale. If I have to wait longer that's fine, but they could at least say, hey we are checking out the ESC's to make sure it's not gonna catch fire, or something to the effect, instead of just pushing dates back a month or longer with no explanation. I completely understand supply and demand also, but it wouldn't kill Traxxas to come out and say that is the issue either. If I am paying them money, it is their job 100% to make sure I am a satisfied customer. Otherwise, I will no longer be a customer. If this latest pre order gets pushed back with no explanation, I will be buying a yeti xl

  23. #23
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by stingeragents View Post
    No, I saw your post after they closed and wasn't able to call. I sent them an email but didn't get a response today so I just preorder with tower. Hopefully this one works out better. It's still showing mid jan so fingers are crossed.
    FYI.. When I called them last week(Wed i think), they said any new preorders will probably not ship out until mid Feb. That's how many preorders thay have. You may want to call them to get a better idea on your preorder. Good luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •