RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Safe to say the diffs are just fine?

I haven't seen any threads or heard yet of anyone stripping the diffs so I guess Traxxas got this one right

Anyone?
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Qualifier
    Give them time!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Rustler View Post
    I haven't seen any threads or heard yet of anyone stripping the diffs so I guess Traxxas got this one right

Anyone?
    Big squid rc reported the rear breaking

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/traxxas-x-...-truck-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Big squid rc reported the rear breaking

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/traxxas-x-...-truck-review/

"Broken Parts: Overall, our test truck took some fairly gnarly hits without breaking any plastic parts. However, the rear diff on our test truck had a short life. It started complaining (read- making nasty noises) early in testing from a heavy landing, then it wasn’t long for this world."

Overall rating. Good review!!
    "BigSquid Rating: B+ To boil it all down, yes, the X-Maxx is a big, nasty bash machine. Its huge size helps make bashing more fun. You can run over dirt clods that other trucks can’t, heck, you can run over most of the other trucks at your local bash spot with the X-Maxx. Its brushless power-plant makes it quick and its stock suspension settings were extremely well done. But… the most important question is should you cut the check? The answer is no if you don’t drive in wide open spaces, the X-Maxx is simply too big for smaller venues. However, if you have plenty of room to let it eat you’ll love the X-Maxx. It has innovative features like self-righting, TSM, and a no body clip design, and perhaps more importantly, it does a great job of doing what bashers do- pounding jumps and getting muddy."

The got the" lucky "one. Suprised they didnt break more.

At this day and age with all technology we have it's a wonder to me that an internet magazine doesn't have videos of there reviews, or am I missing something?

RC Competitor
    I run mine from snow and ice and dirt straight to pavement at full bore and haven't torn up the diffs yet but it isn't impossible to assume it can be done. Mine has held up pretty nice as far as the drive train. I have spun a spur gear but I think there were several factors at play there and it was inevitable.

Keep a eye on your slipper and don't let it spin too much cause it heats up the metal housing the spur gear is attached to and will melt the mounting holes and then it will cam and be off set and it's curtains from there.
    xmaxx, Tmaxx x2, Emaxx, slash 4wd x2, slash 2wd.

I personally think it's safe to say they're better than the E-Maxx/E-Revo/Summit diffs yes. But how tough they are we don't quite truly know yet.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

Mine are still intact under 8S power.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by NBViper View Post
    Mine will be put to the test very shortly under 8s.
    X-Maxx - 8S Castle XLX/2028

RC Competitor
    mine were nearly dry when i popped em open tonight.. i would suggest checking them!

RC Competitor

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by NBViper View Post
    Under 2028 8s power