RC Qualifier

Charging batteries

Tried yesterday and stopped after about 2 hours. Charger was blinking twice. Instructions are not that great on charging. Who has done a full charge on a 3000 battery and how long did it take to get that full charge?

RC Qualifier
    Lesson learned. Mine was charging red, at least I thought it was. NOT. Was not plugged in all the way. Should be blinking GREEN. Got to push it in hard to connect folks.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I made that mistake when I first got mine. Left it going all night and couldn't figure out why I didn't have a charge in the morning.

RC Qualifier
    I did the same thing. I also just ordered an adapter so I can use my hobby grade charger. I like to be able to monitor my batteries while charging.
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah, I bought a Hitec X1 when I bought my non-ID battery for the Aton. It's noisy though. Is your charger fairly loud?

RC Qualifier
    No not too bad. Its a AC6
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

RC Enthusiast
    The fan on the X1 is loud and it has a LOT of audible alarms.

RC Qualifier
    Anyone have the dual charge EZ Peak? Just wondering if I can charge a 4000 on one side and a 3000 on the other side at the same time? Is there something better out there? Really want a charger that can also tell me what a current charge of a battery that sat a few days. Thanks.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Anyone have the dual charge EZ Peak? Just wondering if I can charge a 4000 on one side and a 3000 on the other side at the same time? Is there something better out there? Really want a charger that can also tell me what a current charge of a battery that sat a few days. Thanks.
    I own the dual ez peak, I have no complaints I'm sure there are better chargers out there but it suits me just fine. You can charge two different batteries at once, you can even charge a nihm and Lipo at the same time.

RC Qualifier
    Great to hear. On my list of accessories to get besides more batteries.