RC Qualifier

Lightweight Rolling X-Maxx Hauler - Less Than $20

After this crash:

I realized that lugging a broken 22+ lb X-Maxx 1/8th of a mile back to my car with my toolbox and camera equipment was too much of a pain to carry so I had to find a solution. I slacked off and forgot about the idea. Two wrecks later I finally put some time into finding a cheap solution. Here is the bare bones version. I will add padding/anti-slip foam to the rails and fasten the elastic cords so they do not slide at all. A video of it in action will be posted soon so you can see how easy it is to roll the X-Maxx around now. I can go deep off the beaten path to the good jumping spots now!

This is collapsible so it is easy to put it in a car underneath the X-Maxx during the car drive to a bashing session.

Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    After this crash:

I realized that lugging a broken 22+ lb X-Maxx 1/8th of a mile back to my car with my toolbox and camera equipment was too much of a pain to carry so I had to find a solution. I slacked off and forgot about the idea. Two wrecks later I finally put some time into finding a cheap solution. Here is the bare bones version. I will add padding/anti-slip foam to the rails and fasten the elastic cords so they do not slide at all. A video of it in action will be posted soon so you can see how easy it is to roll the X-Maxx around now. I can go deep off the beaten path to the good jumping spots now!

This is collapsible so it is easy to put it in a car underneath the X-Maxx during the car drive to a bashing session.
    Why not just use your arms, and do a work out with it? I mean honestly you could show off your guns when da ladies checkin' out that Xmaxx.

RC Racer
    Good idea!! I have been in this situation myself a few times and its no fun. I like the idea.
    Open every day....

What I do with my rustler(I know it's lighter...) is I have extra batteries.. I know I know, you'll say well what if all my batteries are dead? I just drive my car around Myerstown lol. I'll go for like 3 hour drives.... Yeah that's one way, so six hours in total. It's exercise xD. I do have a ton of batteries.. But still I get to drive my car and drive it back. The only time I have to carry it is when it's broke. So just save a battery to get back where you need to be. I have 7 batteries (all lipo)

RC Enthusiast
    why not use the drone to fly it back? that would be first class if that drone could lift it.

RC Racer
    Nice idea, now add some bigger rubber tires and then you can pull through some rough terrain if necessary!

Where did you get it.

RC Qualifier
    I am working on revision three right now. The X-Maxx slid around too much so I had to modify it some. The rest of the details should be ironed out in about a week and I will post the results.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier

Traxxas X-Maxx Hauler Demonstration

The X-Maxx hauler is pretty much finished. The price is a little more than $30 now with the changes I made to it because I wanted to be able to use it for other purposes. Here is a demonstration of it in use. I will upload a video showing how I made it as soon as I can. Let me know what you think about it.

RC Enthusiast
    AWESOME idea!

RC Racer
    That's pure genius
    Went to buy a lipo, walked out with a XMAXX.

Sweet idea, but you need a truck.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    What is that white plate on the top of your x-maxx body?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Sweet idea, but you need a truck.
    Trucks are not fun to daily drive and gas would cost too much to drive one as much as I do. A turbo AWD hatchback or wagon car makes commuting fun.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjurbano View Post
    What is that white plate on the top of your x-maxx body?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
    That is a slider that prevents damage when it flips onto the roof. Since I do some serious bashing in my videos I need all the protection I can get. I am still using the original body and have not torn the body at all.

RC Qualifier

Traxxas X-Maxx Hauler Build

Here is a quick version of the build:

It can be modified a number of ways. I kept it simple so I can use the utility cart for other things when necessary.

RC Qualifier
    I saw this while I was at Harbor Freight. I did not have my X-Maxx with me at the time to test fitment, but it might work as a hauler. Remember to bring your 20% off coupon if you go to buy one!

It is a Haul-Master Item #61867 Foldable Hand Truck and it was $29.99 so it does cost more than the one I used in my video.

I find myself in the same situation. My solution is...

When it hits lvc I let wife start running it, knowing no difference between that and full power, she runs it til it stops. Then Ill already be busy with another rc and shell walk it back to car without even giving it a second thought lol. If shes not around... thats whats kids are for!

Sent from Eastern Missouri
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Qualifier
    I wish it was just my batteries dying that I had to worry about. I think I have broken it 80% of the times I have taken out. I push it to its limits almost every time I take it out. The problem with my truck is it is top heavy so it's not easy to correct it in the air. I am still on my first body though so it is worth the reinforcement I did, but it's not fun when I realize there is no correcting it when I start a jump badly. I just let the body and truck take the beating and hope it lands on the body if not the tires LOL!

RC Qualifier
    With the RPM front bumper mount installed on the 8S X-Maxx you can put the X-Maxx front side down on this now since the 8S wheelie bar that gets in the way. The RPM part is strong so it does not crack easily like the stock mounts do.