Body re enforcement

Some people were reporting problems with the durability, screws tearing through body, so Here is a quick how to video fo anyone that wants to strengthen up the stock body.

I do this to all my RCs to prevent the post holes from tearing through. Its a very good preventive maintenance step.

https://youtu.be/GcuqirXqwso

RC Enthusiast
    good vid, thanks !!

Thanks for sharing. I am hoping to try this on a rainy day when I get my mine!

Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I am hoping to try this on a rainy day when I get my mine!
    It's super fast. Fiber tape glue ald washers are things you should always have on hand.. the goop is 5 bucks and the tape might be 10 fo a roll. But you can do this to every body so it ends up costing very little

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    It's super fast. Fiber tape glue ald washers are things you should always have on hand.. the goop is 5 bucks and the tape might be 10 fo a roll. But you can do this to every body so it ends up costing very little
    Picked up shoe goo and wall fabric tape, and rubber gloves, ready to go when X-MAXX comes in.

RC Competitor
    painted over the original body with truck bed liner 3 coats.. and one coat on the underside.. should button it all back up later today.. i like the look of it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by antignis View Post
    painted over the original body with truck bed liner 3 coats.. and one coat on the underside.. should button it all back up later today.. i like the look of it.

That looks good. How much does the body weigh and you should apply some stickers to it.

RC Competitor
    i don't have a scale, and these are bashing shells when they get scratched up i'll just add another coat to the area... and i kinda like the blacked out look. the merv body is held on with velco on the battery boxes too.

i don't have a scale, and these are bashing shells when they get scratched up i'll just add another coat to the area... and i kinda like the blacked out look. the merv body is held on with velco on the battery boxes too.
    Bashing shells! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Bashing shells! Awesome!
    That just made me think of Mariokart. If only we could launch items from our vehicles like that. hehehe
    Good times don't just happen.

Are the layers thin enough for the screws to fit in their holes? I like it hopefully it holds up

RC Competitor
    yeah it didn't mess with the screw holes at all..i even but some aluminum washers on the top to help a bit more too... so far so good.

RC poster
    How many cans did you use?

RC Competitor
    Maybe half can or so

RC Qualifier
    Tvs are horizontal. Laptop screens are horizontal. For maximum viewing people hold cell phones sideways. WHY DO PEOPLE STILLL I MEAN STILL CONTINUE TO RECORD VIDEOS HOLDING A CELL PHONE THE WRONG WAY ???? IT is super annoying!!

RC Racer
    Why do people have to shout on the Internet ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
    Tvs are horizontal. Laptop screens are horizontal. For maximum viewing people hold cell phones sideways. WHY DO PEOPLE STILLL I MEAN STILL CONTINUE TO RECORD VIDEOS HOLDING A CELL PHONE THE WRONG WAY ???? IT is super annoying!!
    Phones are vertical, its easy to hold and your less likely to cover the lens with your finger. Its not ideal but thats why. This whole video was recorded with and edited on my phone. I was hoping that there was a crop function but no. I was also curious to see if the video would resize itself, meaning if watching on your phone you could rotate 90 degress along with the video to keep it full screen. A big expectation but it would have been really cool to use if it did work that way.

Hows your Xmaxx?
    Last edited by Fuglio; 01-30-2016 at 11:47 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Tvs are not vertical.

Really. Really.

You are seriously going to pursue this argument?!

Back to the regular scheduled topic.
    The Super Derecho

Supamegaman, you should keep all your undercoating (and/or paint) on the inside of your body. If you coat the outside of your body, as your truck rolls and crashes your body will shed any of its' outer coatings.

When you keep all your coatings on the inside of your body, the outside shell acts like a protective shield against paint scratches.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 01-31-2016 at 07:51 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Racer

Body re enforcement

Just gooped mine and it's a pain to work with but its good stuff.

Please note that acronyms containg filtered words are not permitted. You may want to review the forum rules as well.
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...30#post1360430

ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-04-2016 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vwp6269 View Post
    Just gooped mine and it's a pain to work with but its good stuff.

Please note that acronyms containg filtered words are not permitted. You may want to review the forum rules as well.
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...30#post1360430

ksb51rl
    Goop is wonderful stuff. As long as you dont eat it or get it in your eys its fairly safe to sork with

RC Enthusiast
    Dont forget the rubber strip =)

That looks sweet. What is it and where did you get it?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbaumann View Post
    Dont forget the rubber strip =)

Please do tell, what is the name of this product, and where do you acquire it?

I like the look, and seems to have the potential to save the body from cracking from the edges

RC Competitor
    Definitely need this stuff on the back bumper. That's the edge that's cracked bad on mine

RC Enthusiast
    Bought this strip at a local store in Sweden:
    http://www.biltema.se/sv/Bil---MC/Bi...st-2000031706/

Found one on eBay that looks the same:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/U-Shape-Rubb...9WRWbk&vxp=mtr

RC Competitor
    so my truck body with the undercoat on it.. has become very brittle and absolute shattered after a few wheelie hits and tumbles.. would not suggest it.. i am going to undercoat with plastidip this time.. and just try and stay off the pavement for a while....
    The addiction:XMAXX,3x1/18 SSTs,3 Mervs,Slash 4x4

what liner did you use?

Here's what you do. You first put a Traxxas tail gate protector on (if your body didn't come with one). Next, you brush on three coats of Nappa Hercules truck bed liner on the underneath part of your body (only one good solid coat around any open screw holes). Then you get aluminum angle stock from Home DeePot (Home Depot) in order to make and install Body Bend Restrictors.

If you take the time to do these few steps with your Xmaxx bodies when they are new you will not have any problems with little tears around your body's outer edges (bed liner), you won't tear up your tail gate (Traxxas tail gate protector), and your body won't crack where the roll cage meets the body (Body Bend Restrictors).

Also, you can custom paint a new body and apply Hercules bed liner with out damaging your paint if you give your paint three weeks to cure before doing so. Here are some pictures of what things will look like.

P.S PhotoBucket ate my other reply pictures in this post.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 12-16-2017 at 05:23 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.