RC Qualifier

Accelerometer reset

I could not find how to reset the Aton in the manual. I called Traxxas support and it is the same as the Alias. I would do this after a crash or if your Aton is just not as stable as it should be. Here is a link to the video for the Alias. Only difference is it takes a couple more clicks on the left stick to get to the reset screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjDUp5RRLx4
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

Good to know, thanks!

I just wanted to note that generally an accelerometer reset is not needed after a crash. The reset should be performed only if you're seeing consistent drift in one direction when in Sport (Fast) mode.

Make sure your Aton is mechanically sound (no broken / bent props or binding motors, etc.). Also check that you account for wind by finding a location that's perfectly calm or by rotating your Aton to see if the drift continues in the direction of the wind or if it is relative to the direction the quad is facing.

Before doing a reset, try power cycling everything and making sure Aton is on a flat level surface when it initializes.

If you feel the reset is needed try to get the Aton on as perfectly level a surface as possible. Do not perform it in grass, on a slanted driveway or some other surface that has a good chance of being off level.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC Qualifier
    I only suggested doing a reset after a crash was because of whats stated in the Alias manual. If this does not apply to the Aton I apologize.

"After a bad crash or after performing maintenance on your Alias, you may notice that the altitude of the helicopter is reduced during acceleration, the
    helicopter drifts excessively, or the performance of the helicopter is erratic. All are indicators that the accelerometer needs to be reset."
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit